Sun 10th APRIL - SPEEDDOME DRIVER TRAINING & AUTOKHANA
  • Register
  • Help

Icon7 Sun 10th APRIL - SPEEDDOME DRIVER TRAINING & AUTOKHANA

Hi guys, as some of you know I currently have an Elise as well as a Renault Clio and I have been chatting with some Lotus owners as well as French car owners (and perhaps a couple of Integrales) about putting together a driver training and autokhana event for people to get a chance to really have a play in their cars.

After researching a few options, we are planning on doing an event on the morning of Sunday 10th April at the SpeedDome in Midvale. The event will be professionally run by AEM. A few instructors (including myself) will be available for the first hour or so to help with some training, after which we will get probably 4 timed runs.

Price will be $75 per car and you will need either a CAMS license or an AASA permit which can also be supplied by AEM

It's a great venue and opportunity to learn a little more about driving and have fun with your car in a safe environment.

We need around 25 cars to make this commercially viable so if I can please get Confirmed replies from everyone ASAP so we can get this booked.

Please get back to me ASAP so I can help get things under way

Advertisement

If anyone has any questions, either post here or you can email me at [email protected] or give me a shout on the mobile 0402 300 800.

Cheers
    Steve M
    Last edited by WRX2PUG; 28th February 2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

Hey Steeve, Id definitely be up for it. I would love some friver training and some track time on with the T16.

I would have to get the tune and do the exhaust at least thou so i wont be able to confirm for now! i hope that if the car is finished in time i can still make it into this event.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Fellow Frogger!

I'm interested, should be able to confirm by the end of next week.

Apart from CAMS licence, are there any scrutineering things that we need to know about?
    "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."
    Winston Churchill
    (My benevolent dictatorship is the obvious exception)

Hey Luca, would be great to see the T16 down there, even with the current tune I think you would have fun and learn a lot about its handling etc.

Good to hear Tim,
    In terms of scrutineering - basically your car just needs to be roadworthy in terms of no oil leaks, decent tyre tread, seat belts okay and no major steering play etc - the basics

You will need an Australian Standards helmet and wear long sleeves & pants and closed shoes.

License wise, you need a valid driver's license and then either a CAMS license or you can get an AASA license for $50 from AEM that lasts the whole year.

Should be a fun day so come on guys, let's get some Froggies down there

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2PUG View Post
    Hey Luca, would be great to see the T16 down there, even with the current tune I think you would have fun and learn a lot about its handling etc.

Im trying to get a tuner to tune the car but i cannot find anyone decent to do it. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would like a decent tune before the track day at the moment it is only tuned for driving around town...
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

HI Luca,
    I can strongly recommend Lane from RaceTorque. They are up in Wangarra now - he can tune just about anything.

What ECU do you have?

Cheers
    Steve

I have a haltech E6X and i will be fitting an external boost controller.

I will give them a call, Thanks very much for the tip steve.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Icon4 Entry forms and supp regs

Hi guys and gals
    Please find attached an Entry form and the Supplementary Regulations (had to split into 2 pdfs) for the Driver Training and Autokhana event that we've been talking about for the 10th April 2011 at the Midvale SpeedDome.

The plan is to start early (at 8.30am) where your car will be scrutineered and literally in parallel, we will commence the one on one Driver Training sessions which will run till about 10am when we will have a formal driver's briefing before doing timed laps on the track. Hopefully weather will still be fine and we should have a great day.

I decided to sponsor the event through one of my businesses, GaragePro and we'll probably put up a few detailing products up as prizes to keep it fun. This also makes it easier for Paul as I will help to collect the money for him and do the chasing, while he can focus on organising and running the event.

Please can you complete the attached Entry form ASAP and either:
    - Scan and Email through to me at [email protected] or
    - Fax it to me on 9463 63 63 or
    - Post it to me at GaragePro at the address on the form but email and fax are the most reliable options.

In terms of Payment, can you please:
    a) Put some Credit Card details on the form before emailing/faxing to me or
    b) Electronically transfer payment directly to GaragePro - details are BSB: 016412 Account #: 526658958
    c) Pop a cheque in the Post at the address on the form

If you don't have a CAMs license and need an AASA license, this will cost you $50 for the year and you can pay AEM for this on the day of the event.

Guys, to make this work we need all of you who said yes so far (and hopefully a few more) to commit and send your entry forms in

Most of your questions about helmets and requirements will be answered in the Supp Regs document but don't hesitate to shoot me an email if you have any questions.

We will probably limit cars to between 25 and 30 to make sure we get enough training and track time for all.

Cheers
    Steve

Fellow Frogger!

Default Looking forward to it!

I'll get the entry & payment in by Friday.

Will have to try and tempt a few more to join the fun from this Sunday's meet and the Whiteman Park show.
    Winston Churchill

Hi guys,
    We've only got 3 French cars so far - This is a great opportunity to get some driver training and some entry level Motorsport fun in your car.

Come on guys, get an entry form in

Feel free to give me a call on 0402 300 800 if you have any questions

Cheers
    Steve M

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2PUG View Post
    Hi guys,
    We've only got 3 French cars so far - This is a great opportunity to get some driver training and some entry level Motorsport fun in your car.

Come on guys, get an entry form in

Feel free to give me a call on 0402 300 800 if you have any questions

Cheers
    Steve M
    Seconded! If you've never been on a track you don't know what you're missing out on. It's all about having a ball, and a chance to get creative with the reasons why your times aren't quite what they should, or could, be (I know I do ).

These type of events can always do with a few more frenchies to mix things up a bit. And this doesn't cost much more than a tank of 98!!!

Hope those Integrales make it too - I'd love to see them in action.
    Winston Churchill

Fellow Frogger!

Icon14

Thanks Steve for organising this!

Great morning with lots of classy cars, including 6 frenchies. The pressure was on, with the diesel C4 putting in an appearance (the owner's wrx wasn't eligible).

The tree at the end of the straight is still there, although one of the Integrales checked out the off-bitumen route around it.

Results and a few pics at Superkhana Days - scroll down a little to "GaragePro Superkhana 10 April". Steve has loaded the rest of the pics here, well worth a browse.

My result? "Room for improvement" But I did manage a new PB with each run (4 all up).
    Winston Churchill

Thread Information