french car day, perth
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

french car day, perth

has a date been arranged for this event for this year? still at guildford?
    any advice appreciated
    regards
    john bettes

<small>[ 15 July 2003, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: john bettes ]</small>

Advertisement

XTC
    john bettes:
    has a date been arranged for this event for this year? still at guildford? any advice appreciated
    regards john bettes
    It's still listed as TBA French Car Day (Peugeot Car Club) in Oct sometime. Perhaps contacting the PCC might be your best bet. Only details I have are:

Peugeot Car Club of WA
    P.O. Box 195, Subiaco WA 6008
    Enquiries: (08) 9384 8784

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

The Citroen Car Club hasnt given any firm dates yet but it is part of the "Spring In The Valley" Festival which is generally held on the 2nd w/end in October, that makes it the 12th. What are the chances does everyone think of getting an Aussiefrogs citroen_ peugeot_ renault_ WA display? Would be good to have a display of all marques representing "progressive" members! Many of the other clubs tend to have "died in the wool" members & forget they still make French cars 2day!!!! mallet Quite simply, great cars!.....No politics!!! What do West Ozzies think???? a_drink
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

XTC
    zykyra:
    What are the chances does everyone think of getting an Aussiefrogs citroen_ peugeot_ renault_ WA display? Would be good to have a display of all marques representing "progressive" members! Many of the other clubs tend to have "died in the wool" members & forget they still make French cars 2day!!!! mallet Quite simply, great cars!.....No politics!!! What do West Ozzies think???? a_drink
    I've just printed quite a few of Brads AussieFrog Flyers - if we get the 28th Sept WA AussieFrog cruise going, then maybe people can chat about it then (only leaves 2 weeks but that's probably enough).

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

XTC206:
    zykyra:
    What are the chances does everyone think of getting an Aussiefrogs citroen_ peugeot_ renault_ WA display? Would be good to have a display of all marques representing "progressive" members! Many of the other clubs tend to have "died in the wool" members & forget they still make French cars 2day!!!! mallet Quite simply, great cars!.....No politics!!! What do West Ozzies think???? a_drink
    I've just printed quite a few of Brads AussieFrog Flyers - if we get the 28th Sept WA AussieFrog cruise going, then maybe people can chat about it then (only leaves 2 weeks but that's probably enough).

- XTC206 -
    Sounds like a good idea. I noticed a distinct lack of modern Cits at last years All French Car day at the Classic Car Show at Whiteman park this year. There was a C5 at the FCD and a Xsara at both (the same car) and at the Classic Car Show it was among the Peugeots not the Citroens.

Troy.

XTC
    TroyO:
    Sounds like a good idea. I noticed a distinct lack of modern Cits at last years All French Car day at the Classic Car Show at Whiteman park this year. There was a C5 at the FCD and a Xsara at both (the same car) and at the Classic Car Show it was among the Peugeots not the Citroens. Troy.
    I've had it confirmed it will be the 12 Oct 2003 for the French Car day. No other details as yet, but an AussieFrog criuse on the 28th Sept will be a good starting point if an AussieFrog groups was going to attend.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Tadpole
    is anyone able to provide timings for french car day? any change to oct 12? still guildford? as i understand it, peugeot club is organising it-current web site?any advice appreciated
    regards, john bettes

XTC
    john bettes:
    is anyone able to provide timings for french car day? any change to oct 12? still guildford? as i understand it, peugeot club is organising it-current web site?any advice appreciated
    regards, john bettes
    I was hoping a member of the PCC would attend the AussieFrog day, but none of them turned up (yes the committee got an invitation). Shame really, cause we had 20+ cars there - none of them members of any other car club. So I havn't been able to get any more information to date. Sorry.

Their website died about a year ago. Best bet is to ring one of the telephone numbers mentioned in the earlier parts of this thread.

- XTC206 -

PS: John, if you find anything out please let us know.

Now this is a .sig

[quote]XTC206:
    Originally posted by john bettes:
    [qb]is anyone able to provide timings for french car day? any change to oct 12? still guildford?
    My understanding is that the French Car Day will indeed be held this coming Sunday (12th October) in the usual place in Guildford, organised by the Peugeot Car Club. We've issued a notice within SIVA to that effect.

I'll be interstate so can't attend with the 16TS unfortunately. But there's always next year.

JohnW
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

XTC
    I just got an e-mail from the president of the Peugeot Car Club (WA) ...

It states:

Hi

The annual French car Day is being held at Stirling Square Guildford starting at 10am on Sunday the 12th October 2003.

The Peugeot Car Club is co-ordinating this years event and we invite participation of any of the 206GTi group.

I have today picked up your information brochure from Allpikes and as President of the Peugeot Car Club in Western Australia I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with members of your group and hope to see you on the day.

If you would like to contact me for any further informatiom my number is (removed for privacy reasons).

Graeme Raine
    President Peugeot Car Club of W.A.

I'm going to forward this onto my L'escadron GTi group and others ... be nice to see a few modern Pugs on the day.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

XTC206:
    I just got an e-mail from the president of the Peugeot Car Club (WA) ... -
    Just to try and foster links, Graeme is a helluva nice guy who has been desperately busy at work this year at weekend times. So he may not have been totally available. He also owns the Dauphine that was used in the recent ABC series "The Sharknet". Naturally he is a member of SIVA too!!

JohnW.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

XTC
    JohnW:
    Just to try and foster links, Graeme is a helluva nice guy who has been desperately busy at work this year at weekend times. So he may not have been totally available. He also owns the Dauphine that was used in the recent ABC series "The Sharknet". Naturally he is a member of SIVA too!!JohnW.
    Went to French car day Sunday .. probably 60 something cars there - down on previous years, lots of range to see ... the dealer actually bought cars this time C3 & 307 Wagon (a first I believe - maybe something to do with the rumour a new Perth dealer is opening up in 2004).

Had some good talks with Graeme, and forged some other links ...

AussieFrog fliers got handed out left right and center.

Good to catch up with other Aussiefroggers TroyO, 206CC and Zykyra.

- XTC206 -

<small>[ 13 October 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: XTC206 ]</small>

Now this is a .sig

Just letting everyone know I have put some pics up on General Chit Chat board from French Car Day. Missed a few cars so dont be offended if yours isnt there ENJOY!! cheers!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Thread Information