Combined Sydney and Quensland or Victoria Cruise - when?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Combined Sydney and Quensland or Victoria Cruise - when?

OK, now that all of the excitement from Wakefield has settled down. Time to organise another cruise. For now, let's sort out the date.

EDIT: changed the topic to see if the others states are interested

<small>[ 05 April 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: GTI124 ]</small>

Advertisement
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I say as soon as possible.

Unfortunately double demerits weekends (ie holiday periods) wouldn't be the best in my opinion. Besides my entire Easter Weekend is full up with bbqs.

How about a Friday or Saturday night cruise?

Darren

the 4th of sunday sounds good 2 me,i wood not make it on a night cruise as i work nights,it give us more time 2 get our cars ready
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

1000+ Posts
    One of our other drive days early on was on a long weekend. It was a bit ofa worry.

I voted 3-4 May.

Derek.

Well Brenno is moving this weekend, I think, so this weekend probably is too soon. Appears we're getting more people interested in the May date. Which is good.

What do you think about an overnight trip? A really loooong drive? We could drive somewhere we perhaps the Brissie or Victorians can meet us for the night, we could do a quick big convoy run that night or morning and then head back? Whatdoyathink?

<small>[ 04 April 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: GTI124 ]</small>
    - Lincoln

We moved house last weekend, now we are moving this weekend, and the weekend after that. Long story =)

May 3-4 is looking good.....who's bringing my B'day cake??

I wont be back from europe until June 15th, so I wont be able to get to any before then cry
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

GTI124 thats a good idea maybe we can go down or up the coast,maybe i can get my mum and dads holiday day house which is up the coast
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

1000+ Posts
    I'd be up for a weekend trip. We could meet at say, Coffs for Brisbanites or... Eden for Victorians (if we wanted to keep it coastal?)

One thing that I want to stress is more people have to have UHF radios! $99 from Dick Smith for the Uniden UH-040XR Pocket Communicator that quite a few of us seem to have.

<a href="http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3e8d26570a85a1c0273fc0a87f9c074a/Product/View/D1748" target="_blank">http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3e8d26570a85a1c0273fc0a87f9c074a/ Product/View/D1748</a>

Dick Smith charges $8.80 shipping to anywhere in Australia if you're too lazy to go to the shops!

[Edit] Just got this in the e-mail... a UHF radio for $69 from Strathfield. It's the same one that YEL020 has. I noticed when using this model that the power isn't as great - quite often I could hear macqured speaking to me but all he heard was static when I spoke back to him. I guess you get what you pay for but anything's better than nothing

<a href="http://www.strathfield.com/newsletter/2003-04-05.html" target="_blank">http://www.strathfield.com/newsletter/2003-04-05.html</a>

Derek.

<small>[ 04 April 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

Hello People!

Long time - no speak..!

I'm ultra-keen (almost sounds like a washing detergent.."ultra-kleen"!! HA! ) for a weekend trip kids! 3rd & 4th of May are absolutely perfecto.com for me!

BYE! whistle
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

just thinking that we a going to have a af power ski day on the 13th wat about if were make that the 4th or the 13th as our cruise day and we can go for the weekend and go ski at the same time wat do you all think of that deal
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Hey John,

I've been meaning to update you guys on the 13th for the 2nd attempt at the AF Power-Ski day...It would be a nice plan mate - but there's a few things that may throw that plan off.

A: I will most likely be going to Melbourne (again!) on the 12th/13th on business with a collegue of mine. We're doing a promotion for a 'Sydney Easter Adventure Escape - 5 day tour' which we have been planning. Along with the launch of a Channel 10 TV campaign to advertise the holiday escape.

B: We are not sure how things are coming along with the boat - Latest news is; they've had to replace the entire outboard engine!!! So somehow the cooling system has been completely cooked!! I haven't heard a lot back yet, though the boat people have told us it may be due to a stone/pebble amongst sandbanks getting sucked up & trapped in the cooling system!!! Crazy stuff eh?

So, bottom line: Don't hold your breath for Power Ski Day to happen this week. - haha! Get it? Don't hold your breath? skiing, water, holding breath and stuff? - oh boy, my humour just gets lamer... cry

As i said in my last post - the 3rd/4th May are absolutely perfect for me. AND if anyone's keen to do the Skiing aswell as a trip north. I am more than happy to arrange that! (I'm sure the boat will be replenished by then, hopefully!)
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT

The 4th wouldn't be impossible for me, but I'm a bit busy on the Friday night, so I doubt I'd be in best state to drive up north and then go for a "cruise" if it would be on the Saturday.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

[/QB]So, bottom line: Don't hold your breath for Power Ski Day to happen this week. - haha! Get it? Don't hold your breath? skiing, water, holding breath and stuff? - oh boy, my humour just gets lamer... cry [/QB]
    hehe, that lame sense of humour SO works in this forum cheers! a_drink
    - Lincoln

Are we still on for the 4-5th of May? Who's intersted in a meet up with the QLD or VIC lads?
    - Lincoln

I'm good to go on the 4th/5th May Lincoln, of course in the hope that my car is well and truly on the road again after the gearbox hiccups!

anyone else?
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

What loan car do you have? I'm sure they have a lot of cruise potential

I'd like to see it on the 3rd, but I could probably handle the 4th. Not sure why people are suggesting the 5th, because that's just a plain old Monday (don't think it's a public holiday).

Where would the drive be if Victorians are coming along?

Canberra?

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My loan car is a Nissan Maxima (probably 95' model? Not sure, really).

It's not very well looked after & IS NOT MY CLIO. Dammittttt. Grrrrr! What'd u have to go and make me think about this again for PUG307?!!! hahaha, j/k. Well - kinda J/k, but i'm not really that stressed about it. (Or am i? You can't tell now, can u?) hehe!

I'm suggesting the 4/5th, for myself, because I have some 'Day in lieus' i can use (after working this Easter Break). Canberra sounds good to me, what does the rest of the crowd think?
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

1000+ Posts
    Hi guys,
    I'm up for it but I have a 21st on the Saturday night which could pose a problem, depending on where it is. I don't mind meeting you guys somewhere on the Sunday though - and bennymarsh would probably come with me cos he'll be at the same 21st. As long as it's within 3 or 4 hours drive I could meet you by say 9 or 10am *gasp* maybe.

Derek

Geez... I just had a look at where Eden is... I've never driven that far in my life! eek!

I'd love to head out that way soon, but the car's not really in the best condition for such a long drive at the moment. I'll have to pass this time round, hopefully I might come along for the next interstate drive!

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Guys, I can't make the 3-4th of May now, I'll be NZ that weekend. So if you still want to go on that weekend, someone else will need to pick up the reigns. Otherwise, we can make it the next weekend the 10th-11th?
    - Lincoln

XTC
    DeKa:
    I'd be up for a weekend trip. We could meet at say, Coffs for Brisbanites or... Eden for Victorians (if we wanted to keep it coastal?)

One thing that I want to stress is more people have to have UHF radios! $99 from Dick Smith for the Uniden UH-040XR Pocket Communicator that quite a few of us seem to have.

<a href="http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3e8d26570a85a1c0273fc0a87f9c074a/Product/View/D1748" target="_blank">http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3e8d26570a85a1c0273fc0a87f9c074a/ Product/View/D1748</a>

Dick Smith charges $8.80 shipping to anywhere in Australia if you're too lazy to go to the shops!

Derek.
    There is a cheaper place <a href="http://www.prestigecom.net.au/default.asp?category=UHF%20CB%20Handheld&subcat=Un iden&openmenu=2" target="_blank">here</a>

Overnight delivery $5. Haven't used them yet, but when I finally get my 2001/2 tax return I'll let you guys know.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

1000+ Posts
    I'm up for the 10th/11th
    Suits me better than the 3rd/4th cos of the 21st I've got on the 3rd.

Derek.

Who's intersted in the weekend drive or just a day drive? Show of hands please?
    - Lincoln

I am more than keen guys...only depends on whether or not the service guys @ Parramatta have stuck to their promise for the car to be ready today or tomorrow.

So - otherwise, count me in!
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information