Sydney Cruise - 16th March
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sydney Cruise - 16th March

Sydney Cruise - 16th March

As most of you Sydney people have probably heard, the Mrs and I are soon to head off down south into the heart (bowels?) of this wide brown land to that mystical place called Sydney.

A previous thread discussed dates and outings but I have started this one to allow all you budding route planners to come up with one of those kick-arse drives us QLD ppl are renowned for.

Check this <a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000835" target="_blank">SEQ Cruise</a> thread.

I not picky really, the gauntlet has just been thrown down as a method to get some movement in here to organise ppl and times. The 16th March is the only weekend day we will be able to make as we will be heading back on the following Saturday.

I would think an arvo cruise would be great and then meet up after for a bite to eat and perhaps an on-foot cruise of the Sydney night screen.

I can't wait to meet up with you all to put some faces to names.

Advertisement
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

UFO
    See DeKa, things are starting to fall into place. An arvo cruise would mean that those who go to the CCC Tech Day at Springwood *may* then be able to also make the Froggy cruise. It may work for us.

1000+ Posts
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent,

Well I'm working that day, and finish at 3pm, so an afternoon drive would be good. I might bring another different car just for some variety hey??

Phasis,
    I think it's important that we have rules like we did in Melbourne last weekend, but we cannot refer to these events as car club events. Number 1, Aussiefrogs.com is an open public forum, not a club, and number 2, most insurance specifically states 'no car club events'

Basically given we're not a club, as long as we don't refer to ourselves as a club we're right

Derek.

cool are after noon cruise sounds good (going out that saturday night)we can start around 12pm and we can have dinner in the city
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Hi - i'm also keen for an afternoon cruise for this date. (Finishing work @ 3pm too)

Cya'
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

Oh 3pm..... that leaves me out. i start at 2pm. Ill make the effort to meet Phasis another day, whilst he is here.
    Xq
    ... ptui!

xqisid:
    Oh 3pm..... that leaves me out. i start at 2pm. Ill make the effort to meet Phasis another day, whilst he is here.
    Xq
    just a sicky,or meet us later
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

<span><span class=ResizableText0>
    Originally</span> posted by jfn306: a sicky,or meet us <span class=ResizableText0>later[/QB]
    </span> </span>
    I thought it was gonna be a all day event similar to the last Sydney cruise we had. but i can't call in sick and i finish at 11pm that night.
    Ill just have to visit up with phasis another time.... and accidently swap keys for 15 mins....lol
    Xq
    ... ptui!

Damn Chris....that sucks you have to work. I think we should meet up earlier or one evening and go for a drive somewhere and swap keys

Aussiefrogs is not a club as there is no organised membership or parties. Just a group of 1,100 odd people in Australia, along with those few from OS who choose to discuss car related stuff on this forum. Our drive is simply a communal outting for the family.

So who is going to organise a route for this event?

Darren, Brenno Phasis, Parry, Walshe, anyone else?

Could we organise a scenic tour of the Old Pacific Hwy midweek? The 16th is kind of bad for me as well but midweek starting at North Ryde pub....
    say the 19th?
    Or should we start another thread?
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

btw. I meant midweek/midnight evil

A mid week run sounds good to me as well. The 16th has just turned sour for me and I would only be able to catch up with you guys that evening night. Day time cruise is a no-go for me.

Old Pac run would be good on either a Monday or Wednesday night for me. That's if Brad can make it???

Darren

I am really flexible, and I can make any night aswell

We have no definite plans as yet, however 2 days later on in the week will be out as we will be going up to the Blue Mts.

So, shall we say the 19th as well as the 16th???

ok,
    Lets make it the 19th, 730pm at the Ranch North Ryde. Parking for the Pugs at the back of the carpark. We will be outside until 8'ish.

Expect to be home about 2am.
    Scenic photography will only be allowed at the end points or if your passanger feels that he does not need both hands to hold onto during the drive.
    All welcome.
    daffyduck likes this.

19th isn't bad for me, but id stat heading home about 11:30 PM as i start work the next day at 6:30 am..... guys do as you feel best, don't settle on a count of me.
    I think perhaps both the 16th and the 19th could be done, it would mean we realy show Phasis (Brad) a good time down here.
    Xq

ps, Brad im happy to give you a quick blap im my car...
    ... ptui!

i can make it any day but mondays or wednesdays..... i'm killing myself to take the pug for a run.

Well I know it doesn't take me that long to get home.

Should be good. The last mid week cruise was great fun.

Darren

well i can make it on the 16th,but as for the 19th i check to see if i`m working a day or night shift
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

19th sounds good....not fininshing work again till 8.30.....though.

SImon
    Peugeot 306 GTi6
    Peugeot 205 GTiS2, you want it? call me 0414 996 499,

For those going on the 16th I will NOT be attending and I will NOT be able to plan a route for you guys. I just don't have any spare time to do it at the moment.

So, one of you guys going on the 16th will have to plan your outing.

Sorry guys.

Darren

1000+ Posts
    Hi all,

Well, where are we going on the 16th???

Where are we having dinner?? Do we really want to be back in the city at night? If we're going the blue mountains in the arvo, getting back to the city is a fair way.

As a meeting point, how about we meet at the Maccas car park on the M4 heading west, at Eastern Creek, the same as last time. How about we meet at 3.30? If you want me leading/doing route planning that'll have to do cos I finish work at Granville at 3pm.

I'm not going to have enough time to test-drive any routes in the mountains, so does anyone *know* anything good/worthwhile/that ends in somewhere good to eat dinner??

If I haven't heard anything in the next day or two, I'll plan it off the maps and see how we go alright? Everyone will get a copy of course. I guess I'll pick the zig-zaggiest roads I can on the map, knowing everyone here :p

Derek.

[Edit] OK, suggestion: meet as suggested, and do a cut-off/shorter version of the last drive:

Eastern Creeek - Mt Victoria. Maybe we have something to eat there? It'll be probably 6pm by the time we get there, cos I know we won't leave Eastern Creek till 4:15 or 4:30pm going on past experiences!

At Mt Victoria, cut the circuit short, and head north to Bell, and turn right onto Bell's Line of Road and head east back to Kurrajong-Richmond-Windsor-City via M2 Motorway.

Then we can go out for a few drinks in the city like Phasis suggested. Should be about 9pm by the time we get to the city is my expectation.

This way, we also know the drive so it's a bit easier for me in a mapping/planning perspective, and Phasis can just follow.

How's that sound? If anyone else has suggestions please chime in now.

D.

[Edit 2]Another option... much shorter though
    I took my sister for a drive the other day - we went up along Mona Vale Rd, turned off towards Church Point on McCarrs Creek Rd. Went through Ku-Ring-Gai National Park, took all the scenic (ie windy) signposted roads and you come out at Bayview and then drive into Mona Vale. We could then head up to the Newport Arms for something to eat/drink? Good fun windy roads, but a fairly short drive.

D.

<small>[ 08 March 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

Beside those directions meaning less than a bag of fish to me, I will be happy with whatever you guys choose.

well the second one sounds good easten creek,mt victoria,then we can go in the city for something 2 eat and are few more drinks,and meeting at the maccs 3.30pm is cool aswell,hope it will be a good trip like the last 2 were dance
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

On the sunday night you guys are coming back into town for drinks right?? if i may ill buzz a SMS to one of you guys to see if i can meet up after work (ie about 11:30 pm) im on 0402-392-821, so if some one can SMS me thier number, if you are comfy i wont sell it to some triad members....lol
    cheers
    Xq
    ... ptui!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information