CitroŽn Car Club Observation Run - 11 August
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

CitroŽn Car Club Observation Run - 11 August

Observation Run
    The Observation Run is on a NEW date. Sunday 11 August not the date previously advised.
    It will start from Bulli Tops Scenic Reserve from 9.30am and end at Nepean Dam Picnic Area at around 12.30ish.

Bulli Tops Scenic Reserve is accessible at the end of the F6 Freeway (road to Wollongong). Look out for the brown and white tourist signs at the end of the freeway. If you get lost/delayed call Craig Keller on 0418 484 798.

Nepean Dam picnic area is a couple of kilometres from the Hume Freeway and therefore an easy drive back to Sydney.

A small cafe is nearby at Bulli Tops for those that need an early morning Cappucino. Large covered picnic areas are available and will be "held" for us at Nepean Dam.

Advertisement

Bring your own EVERYTHING in the way of food. The Club will not be catering for this event. Hot water for Tea and Coffee will be available on site at Nepean as are BBQ facilities.

This is not an economy run and has been planned using safe start offs and clear clues for you to be able to answer your questions.

The Peugeot and Renault Clubs have been invited along - so there is a challenge to meet.

Come along and enjoy the day out in your favourite CitroŽn! (or Peugeot or Renault or Amilcar or Simca...)

<small>[ 05 August 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: ckeller ]</small>
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO
    Don't forget - next Sunday, 11 August.

CitroŽn drivers expected to take all prizes on the day. Will the Renaults and Peugeots be up to the challenge?!

evil head_ban mallet a_drink
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO
    ckeller:
    Don't forget - next Sunday, 11 August.

PLEASE advise anyone you know that may be thinking of attending of the change of date. We don't all have web access (yet).

CitroŽn drivers expected to take all prizes on the day. Will the Renaults and Peugeots be up to the challenge?!

evil head_ban mallet a_drink
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts
    Sorry Craig,

No can do. Some of us have to work on the weekends.

Derek.

UFO
    DeKa:
    Sorry Craig,

No can do. Some of us have to work on the weekends.

Derek.
    No doubt to pay for recent overseas trips?!

It was a modest turnout I must say. Zilch from the Renault Club, but they may have had something else on.

We had three Pugs turnout - one 306GTI in Black, a 406 V6 in Maroon and a dark blue/gray 405 turbo diesel.

Citroens were represented by three DS, one SM (YUM), one BX16v and one XM (mine).

A pleasant drive was had by all as we toured out to Appin, Wilton, Picton, Camden, The Oaks, Picton, Tahmoor, Bargo then Nepean Dam.

Results were a tie for first place between Greg and Heather from the Peugeot Club in the 306 and Deb, Dad and I in the XM.

A tasty and long picnic lunch was consumed in the excellent picnic area while some even laid down and had a snooze under a tree. Lots of chat and we all went home.

Pity more didn't show up, but that's life.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I'd like to thank Craig and all involved for the excellent day out.
    Maybe next time I'll actually get more answers right. ( was too busy watching the road ). the reasnoably constant U-turns have managed to confirm my disdain at Pug306 turning circle.
    But thats the only negative i can possibly think of. Things to learn to love about the Pug I guess. roll_lau

Lovely day, thanks all involved

cheers
    Voytek
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

UFO
    Thanks Tekkie!

Does anyone know what happened to Geoff in the diesel 405? He didn't show at Nepean.

Perhaps he found the driving and answering questions by himself too hard.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information