go karts or
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: go karts or

Fellow Frogger!

go karts or

well go carts is cool but my work had hyper simulator nite playing a great game called grandprix legends place is in lilydale awesome fun

Advertisement
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Tuff choice...I had to go with the Go karts though, i play enough gran turismo3 on PS2 anyway!

Fellow Frogger!
    this is nothing like polay station or anything like that u are strapped into race cockpit oldstyle f1 cars re sterling moss brabham era an is awesome fun truly . is most realistic simulator u can get
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

Zen
    Go karts, no doubt. The lateral forces on your body... pushing the kart to the limit and over... recovering it and bringing it back in control... and having the bruises on your sides and back to prove it! roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Definately.

Most simulators miss that physical sensation part. The only simulators that have really impressed me were the flight simulators at Ansett, but then at $15-20 million new, you'd hope they were better than your average computer game. You'd be surprised at what your typical airliner is capable of.

They were great - you really do get the kick on takeoff as you advance to takeoff thrust. The graphics on some of the older sims weren't amazing, but for night flying were fine. In fog/night, runways with full lighting do look rather computer game like anyway.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Its very hard to simulate things like, feeling helmet wind rush and noise, exhaust vibration, oil on your visor, push starting a kart, helmet and glove stink, coping a bird for a bad pass, feeling fustrated when somone din't return your favorite set of T-bars, tried to adjust your carb on the go, and watching all others go past, waiting ad looing forward to collecting your kart, speshialy when you hit a spinner and bend that lovely new 50mm SOFT axle you just got for your new CRG-Biland powered kart, then strugle to push you kart trolley up back to the pits........ahhhh so thats why its called the "pits" its an adjective.
    Real Deal any day!!!... just replace the Karts and Video games, with Cyber sex or a sexy fit babe! then whats better? cheers - Chris
    ... ptui!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    just wait till you get a round at a track like orange and you throw a chain off at the bottom of the hill and end up in the bark chips
    you get to sit there and watch the others running around and then going and getting your trolley and trying to haul the bloody thing back up the hill whilst you are spewing about throwing your chain

i just love sitting there watching the racing and hearing newbies going down the straight while adjusting their carb settings and you hear the poor things 4 stroking

it's all good though when you hear a pack of clubman twins running around though and really watching them fighting for grip

maybe i have spent a few too many years in the go-karting scene

maybe one day i'll get back into it again with the young fella

just a little tip at certain events though, don't get caught seat jumping
    the stewards don't see the good side of it but i tell you the extra speed you gain if you aren't caught can be win or loose in a race

just think you remove your weight when you seat jump and the kart is all of a sudden lighter

i have seen many a person pinged for it but at the same time some get away with it if they are far enough into the stewards if you get my drift

but the sensation of doing 120+ down a straight with more than 12000rpm in your ears while your rear end is mm's off the ground is great

do you know if they still do the lighthouse race at wollongong ?

i hear eastern creek karts is a good day out and they offer group discounts if any NSW A/F's are interested

be worth looking into
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Purambo/sean.
    Im still reading, learning, looking, listening, advising, asking....
    i havn't even got a kart yet. Thanks for the Pm you sent regading King.
    Im just waiting and will most probably start next year,.. i knew about seat hopping but didn't realise that it was against rules.
    eastern creek hire-karts are NOW average at best. They put big fibreglass wing things on em and really slowed em down..... shame.
    still to answer the thread, tis still the real deal. cheers - chris

ps, best simulator i did was a Castrol John Force 1/4 mile simulator. They put you in a dark room alone, in a vibrating seat, super loud speaker system and then launch you. 4.8 second over 400meters!!! then parachute to a halt!.. awesome, but id prefer to drive Force's car in real life.
    ... ptui!

guys,

easily carts!

ive been to most places and the acekarts rock! its situated in melbournes west in ardeer.

theres various teack combinations to be had. its outdoors bout 45 bucks i think. but u get about 10 minutes of qualifying and two races. all lap times are recorded. u get suited up and the carts go as fast as 50 kays plus (unless youre a P307 and renault driver ) which feels frign fast on the track. you easily spin your wheeels taking corners if youre not careful.

the winner receves some shitty moet rip off and a tr0phy (i think).

its suppoesed to be for 50 odd minutes but actuaaly takes at least an hour and a half taking citroen breakdowns into consideration roll_lau .

after the whole session you feel absolutely drained as its full on... its unreal!

im up for that but not game enuff to organise one.

a weeknight is preferred. the more drivers on the track the more fun. its more of a blast in the wet, too!

count me in.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Thread Information