[QLD] Brissy Drive Sat. 5th Nov.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Default [QLD] Brissy Drive Sat. 5th Nov.

I've changed the date to accommodate a few more of the regulars. So those that posted against the 29th thread (http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28176) can you please post your availablity against this thread.

Date: 5th Nov
    Time: 9am SHARP
    Start: IKEA, Springwood (the usual southside meeting spot)
    Destination: O'Reilly's, Lamington National Park (http://www.oreillys.com.au)
    (http://www.oreillys.com.au/common/popup.asp?image=../graphics/popups/map_full.gif&title=Image%20Popup)

This is a social drive and gathering, so bring a picnic lunch. For those on the Gold Coast or further south drop me a line and we'll work out a rendezvous point that's more accommodating.

Meeting place for those down the coast is North Tambourine at 10am. Small shopping centre on the western side of the main road (entrance via Beacon Rd). Shopping centre is across the road from servo. For an idea, the real estate agent in this map is next door: http://www.lanerealty.com.au/Map.html

Advertisement
    Last edited by kermit; 21st October 2005 at 04:54 PM.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I'm there!!!

Pencil me in.
    '87 Camry 2.0ltr injected---------5min 11 sec
    '85 Charade turbo 700cc----------5min 06 sec RESPECT
    '99 GX Impreza 2.0ltr-------------5min 02 sec
    '99 WRX w/ hi-flo exhaust------4min 46 sec
    Byrnesy's 172---------------------- 4min 25 sec

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbyrnes
    Pencil me in.
    You gonna turn up this time? I remember a recent VW drive day where I was the only frenchie... Didn't know a soul . Luckily those VW guys are pretty good & laid back.

yea I could be down with that.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Tadpole

Put me down,gives me a chance to test my new beast (renaultsport clio).

Live in the Gold coast hinterland so will need a meeting point on the Gold Coast somewhere.

Cheers Matt

Im down, down like charlie brown with that Kermit. Glad too see Billy can make it. Cant say what car yet, wish it was going to be in the Ti. I need to show someone(they know who they are ) what a Ti can really do!

James.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    You gonna turn up this time? I remember a recent VW drive day where I was the only frenchie... Didn't know a soul . Luckily those VW guys are pretty good & laid back.

Yeah sorry about that, Mac. No doubt you showed the crouts one or two things about changing direction.

I missed out on the last drive due to an unfortunate incident that I wont get into - involving Australia and England in a particular test match. There will be no more of that non-sense.

Anyways - baring a uni exam scheduling conflict, I'll be there. Sounds like a complete blast, as most the drive days organised by Kermit usually are. Picnic lunch? Sounds great.

Until then, see you next crime.

I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of Clios there, since the last couple I've come across (172s driven by young guys) haven't been able to hold a candle to the 180!!! It'll be good to see how they go with proper drivers!!!

By the way, on that VW run, one of the young guys knew Charlie. Somehow this guy had heard about me. Apparently I "get angry & drive fast". Hmmmmm, my reputation precedes me. I made an extra special effort to be laid back that day.

Might be worth posting this on the VW forums. Would be interesting to see if we can get a MkII Golf GTi's brakes to catch fire again...

Fantastic, thanks Simon. That O'Reilly's road is fun, or at least it was 7 years ago when I last drove it. They haven't taken away that plum pudding have they?

Apparently I "get angry & drive fast".
    Yeah I was going to comment on how angry you get on these drives but wasn't game to bring it up.

2004 206 GTi 180 Aluminium Grey

Former oui pugs:
    1997 306 XR Cherry Red
    1975 504 Ti Avocado Green

Tadpole

We are doing Mackay - Caloundra via the western route:

Mackay, Emerald, Longreach, Charleville, Roma, Dalby, Landsbrough, Caloundra.

Would have loved to be there and joined in, but the November date is the last day of my leave, so will have to be back home.

However I do have a friend in Canungra and will probably drop in and see him while I am in the area. Might do the drive up to O'reilleys to see what you will be enjoying. Have a great drive.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.....I think.

2004 Aegean Blue 307CC

I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of Clios there, since the last couple I've come across (172s driven by young guys) haven't been able to hold a candle to the 180!!! It'll be good to see how they go with proper drivers!!!
    Its a popular and important fact that the GTi180 is an utterly superior car to the RSC 172 and for that matter the 182. As you say, as a rule they cant hold a candle to them.

I would also like to call attention to my signature and point out how much faster a RSC (colour red with $1.25 aluminium tyre caps) will always be, under any circumstances, than a WRX. In light of these two facts, we are forced to conclude that there are circumstances in which a GTi180 would easliy keep pace with a GTR Skyline.

... I love drivedays, I really do. Look forward to seeing you again Mac, and then watching Charlie's, Simon's, Billy's and your hatchbacks (in Simon's case, boot) and tail-lights get smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin2
    Put me down,gives me a chance to test my new beast (renaultsport clio).

Live in the Gold coast hinterland so will need a meeting point on the Gold Coast somewhere.

Cheers Matt
    I'm thinking the meeting place for the southerners will be either Mt Tambourine or Nerang. Will keep you posted.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

If Chris will let me drive his 172 - he can drive the Coupe - then I'll have a go at holding a candle with you Mac.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by the oui pug
    Yeah I was going to comment on how angry you get on these drives but wasn't game to bring it up.
    Hey, the last couple have been ok... Well the one you organised Billy. I kinda have an issue with getting frustrated when we get stuck behind people doing well & truly under the speed limit. Ruins a nice drive. I think I'm starting to get a handle on it though. So, should be all good for the next run!

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    If Chris will let me drive his 172 - he can drive the Coupe - then I'll have a go at holding a candle with you Mac.

Hmmmmm... Simon, considering that you're a much, much, better driver than I am... Well, I'll be choking on your exhaust fumes. I couldn't even keep up with you & Bruce in your 138s!!!

Hey, the last couple have been ok... Well the one you organised Billy. I kinda have an issue with getting frustrated when we get stuck behind people doing well & truly under the speed limit. Ruins a nice drive. I think I'm starting to get a handle on it though. So, should be all good for the next run!
    There will be lots of twisties on this run. I'm wishing for light or nill traffic.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Hmmmmm... Simon, considering that you're a much, much, better driver than I am... Well, I'll be choking on your exhaust fumes. I couldn't even keep up with you & Bruce in your 138s!!!

WHAT?!! YOU MEAN THE SKILL OF THE DRIVER INFLUENCES HOW 'FAST' A CAR IS?!

PS I'm only kidding around, Mac. I'm surrounded by automotive conformity at its most boring around here. To meet up with interesting people who own truly fantastic cars (172, 182, ol' school Gordinis, Alpines, GTi, GTi180, 205GTi, 406 Coupe etc) is just an absolute pleasure everytime. And to see such cars so well piloted by the likes of yourself and Cubits, Bruce, et al. and esp. Kermit is equally enjoyable.

You missed my sarcasm in my first post Mac, was probably a little subtle.

Seriously, you get amped up, but I'd never describe you or your driving style as angry!

Former oui pugs:
    1997 306 XR Cherry Red

Quote Originally Posted by the oui pug
    You missed my sarcasm in my first post Mac, was probably a little subtle.

Seriously, you get amped up, but I'd never describe you or your driving style as angry!
    No, I kinda got the subtlety. But, I do have a bit of an anger management issue when I get frustrated & there have been times on our runs where I've done something questionable as a result. I don't know if anyone remembers a run up Mt Mee (I always get a kick out of that name) where we were stuck behind a Commode doing 60 in a 100 zone for ages. Getting in front of him & slamming on the brakes probably wasn't the most mature thing to do...

That kind of thing is a bit different to getting amped up... which I do. That's not such a bad thing (especially now that the car is run in & I've got more of a handle on its abilities).

And to see such cars so well piloted by the likes of yourself and Cubits, Bruce, et al. and esp. Kermit is equally enjoyable.
    Charlie, Bruce, Simon & Billy certainly can handle their cars. Lets reserve judgement on me. What I'd really like to do is an advance drivers course. Maybe we can work out a group thing???
    Last edited by Industrie; 12th October 2005 at 07:32 PM.

Zen

A little OT but is anyone here thinking of going to the A1GP round at Eastern Creek (5-6 November)? My boss and I might be heading down, still undecided at the moment.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Charlie, Bruce, Simon & Billy certainly can handle their cars. Lets reserve judgement on me. What I'd really like to do is an advance drivers course. Maybe we can work out a group thing???
    I wouldn't put my name with the other three there, but I agree with you 100% on some driver training, reading some of the comments on the 206GTI Yahoo group they seem to be a great day out and very valuable instruction. I'd definitely be keen for a group Advanced Drivers course.

Former oui pugs:
    1997 306 XR Cherry Red

Good call on the advanced-drive-skills day idea; that would be the duck's.

I'm going to take a look into the matter (again) and we can discuss it on 5th.

Until then, I'm very much a subscriber to the Kermit Theory that going on group drives like this can only benefit your overall skill level.

Until then, I'm very much a subscriber to the Kermit Theory that going on group drives like this can only benefit your overall skill level.
    Especially if you end up being directly in front of Charlie through the twisties.

The guy who knew me was tam (yes, tam). His car is the red mk2 golf. I didn't say you got "angry" per se, but that you were usually the first to get fed up with slow traffic.

I'll be there, and possibly be square. Possibly also with new tyres, and very maybe possibly with a new master cylinder. But i really don't want to go deeper into debt than is necessary atm (or do i...).

BTW, i did a formula ford day at qld raceway recently. Those things are fun when you start powersliding them out of T1. I managed to spin 360 on the exit and keep driving, and made a fist of a few corners which resulted in drifts. After that i settled down though and put in solid laps. I don't think the track is as fun as a twisty road though, it's too precise and remembered. Haywire sideways mountain action is more my style.
    Last edited by Cubits; 14th October 2005 at 04:32 AM.
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information