EOI:Walk to Cure Diabetes @ Albert Park
  • Register
  • Help

Default EOI:Walk to Cure Diabetes @ Albert Park

Hi guys, working at the diabetes division in Walter Eliza Hall of Medical Research, I'm wondering if anyone here want to join the "walk to cure diabetes" event held on Sunday 16th October 2005 at Albert Park. As I know many of you (Warwick) are already going to Albert Park every Sunday for bike-ride it would be a good event for you to participate to show you care about the rising global epidemic.

Walk day is a fun and festive day, it is a day to celebrate the fundraising efforts of the many different Walk teams. From Corporate teams and Family and Friends Teams to Individuals all who have contributed to help JDRF to find a cure for diabetes.

The carnival-like atmosphere of Walk day includes activities like face painting, an animal farm, jumping castle, a giant slide and fun rides for the children. There'll be live music to keep everyone entertained plus a variety of food vendors catering for all tastes.

Centre stage will provide plenty of entertainment with an aerobics warm-up to start the Walk, a Live Band during the day plus the ever-popular t-shirt competition - the most creative corporate and family t-shirt design will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges - there are sure to be lots of laughs in store.

Advertisement

To participate you can just present on the day of the event or register to join the foundraising competion where the person raised the most money will be reward a DVD home theatre system.

Well hope everything makes sense and wish to see many of you present on the day.

I might try & represent, my family has a history of diabetes, my grandmother passed away from diabetes.

Icon10

I've got no excuse not to be there.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

your fiancee going davo, i wouldnt mind keeping my gf in the junlge whilst i go for a walk with your missus.

Does this chick KNOW she is your GF Asanka?
    Sorry Luke, we have that stupid Around the Bay in day bike ride on then. Won't be there. Will be off riding 210 km's. May well die.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Icon14

glad to know AF legendary Asanka will be presenting and so is David .. i will post some information on the Sponsorship award scheme later and maybe a bit more info. on the event itself..

don't worry about it Warwick you are excused

good on you guys

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    your fiancee going davo, i wouldnt mind keeping my gf in the junlge whilst i go for a walk with your missus.

I'm sure she'll be there, which could work out well as I've got some unfinished business to complete with your g/f, she need's another oestrogen shot! I don't know why you dress that Dilmah guy up as a woman anyway!
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

dont worry i'll give your missus some serious dilmah tea bag action

Just an update to the walk--

Fundraising can be registered at http://walk.jdrf.org/, and as an appreciation for fundraising effort following will be reward as commemorrative gift.

Raise
    $100-199 - Pedometer with AM/FM radio
    $200-400 - AM/FM shower radio with time and calendar
    $500-999 - Wine picnic set with insulated cooler, acrylic glasses chees knife. etc.
    $1000+ -Cute digital camera
    All children under 16 who raise over $50 will receive a sports watch.

Individual who raises the highest amoun will win - DVD home theatre syste
    Runner up - Overnight stay at Peppers Springs Retreat in Hepburn Springs.
    All individuals under 18 y.o.a. who raise over $250 win - Two A Reserve ticket for The Lion King and Members Equity Bank Account with $250

Last year's Walk raised $81 million for diabetes research. This year's goal is $86 million.

Finally the walk itself commence at 10:30 am and check in from 9.00am on Sunday 16th October 2005

Thread Information