Sydney Drive Day - Sunday 30 October 2005
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 97
  1. #1
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default Sydney Drive Day - Sunday 30 October 2005 (Clio's VS Pugs)

    Hallo all,
    Please click on the link to find out the drive details......
    We would love some new faces as well as Pug GTI owners to join in....

    http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1402

    Advertisement
    Last edited by CL10SP; 24th September 2005 at 02:37 AM.
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! ACT180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Where is Putty Rd? Considering coming up from canberra so need to know how far to travel...
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! Mi16 Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACT180
    Where is Putty Rd? Considering coming up from canberra so need to know how far to travel...
    Joel,
    Putty Rd runs northwest of Windsor up towards the Hunter Valley. You would have to turn north when you hit Narellen / Cambelltown etc and go from there!! As far as you could get from Canberra bascially...................

    You might be able to use the cumberland highway - not sure, I don't know it that well...............

    I will miss this one sorry boys! If I see a convoy of Clio's + 206's, I will honk the horn and flash the lights in the Thrifty Truck!!

    ENJOY!
    Stu
    "Take a Lion through a corner - FAST"

    Current Fleet;
    2010 308 XSE HDi SW [Vapour Grey]
    2010 VW GOLF GTI [Carbon Steel Grey]

    In the Family;
    2012 508 Allure HDi [Thorium Grey]
    2008 207 HDi XT [Bianca White]

    Past "Frogs"
    2008 308 XSE HDi SW / 2006 307 XSE HDi Touring / 2001 306 XSi / 2005 206 GTi180 / 2005 407 HDi / 2003 206 XT / 1993 SII 405 Mi16 / 1990 205 GTi / 2x 1985 505 GTi S1 / 1976 504 / 1982 20 TS / 1997 306 XR / 1992 205 Si

  4. #4
    Member GTI130's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Hey I'll be there. Hopefully.

    does anyone live in the campbelltown area or will be passing it on their way???
    maybe we can travel up to the meeting point together.
    206 GTI180 '05

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! qd180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Seven Hills/Down Under
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Lets get this this one fellas this can be the Intended 206 drive day but with a bit of sporting competition with Clio's

    Plus the dates already done
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! ACT180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man
    Joel,
    Putty Rd runs northwest of Windsor up towards the Hunter Valley. You would have to turn north when you hit Narellen / Cambelltown etc and go from there!! As far as you could get from Canberra bascially...................

    You might be able to use the cumberland highway - not sure, I don't know it that well...............

    I will miss this one sorry boys! If I see a convoy of Clio's + 206's, I will honk the horn and flash the lights in the Thrifty Truck!!

    ENJOY!
    Stu
    Thanks Stu, so I am thinking it would have to be an overnight trip (seems a fair drive in one day!), will see what I can do about accommodation and other parties to join me from Canberra.
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

  7. #7
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI130
    Hey I'll be there. Hopefully.
    does anyone live in the campbelltown area or will be passing it on their way???
    maybe we can travel up to the meeting point together.
    I live in Liverpool but we can meet somewhere..... i will update you guys on what the final decision is, in regards to where we are going......
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  8. #8
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qd180
    Lets get this this one fellas this can be the Intended 206 drive day but with a bit of sporting competition with Clio's
    Plus the dates already done
    heheheh, like the way your thinking, but i would love to see you ladies "actually" come this time and join in.....
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! qd180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Seven Hills/Down Under
    Posts
    220

    Default





    Its started already and the drive is a month away......Bring it on!!! you
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

  10. #10
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qd180




    Its started already and the drive is a month away......Bring it on!!! you
    hehehhe...... nice to see that someone with balls exists on this forum to come and join in.... any more ďladiesĒ willing to come
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  11. #11
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CL10SP
    hehehhe...... nice to see that someone with balls exists on this forum to come and join in.... any more ďladiesĒ willing to come
    You maybe only poking fun, but this is exactly the type of attitude on drive days you should NOT be promoting There has already been a RSC written off on one of these drives (2 accidents in one day) and a couple of pugs 306's in previous years. By all means have fun, but don't promote competition .

    - xTc -

    PS: If you need to cross double white lines to get around the corner, you've clearly misjudged the road and ran outta talent already.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  12. #12
    moosey
    Guest

    Default

    Agreed. That accident was ages ago and the Clio drives have been incident free since. Participants certainly want to keep it that way. If you want to drive like a lunatic then simply don't come along. Do it elsewhere, preferably on a race track. V.keen to see some 206's along all the same.

  13. #13
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    You maybe only poking fun, but this is exactly the type of attitude on drive days you should NOT be promoting There has already been a RSC written off on one of these drives (2 accidents in one day) and a couple of pugs 306's in previous years. By all means have fun, but don't promote competition .

    - xTc -

    PS: If you need to cross double white lines to get around the corner, you've clearly misjudged the road and ran outta talent already.

    hehehe..... I didnít mean it that way, I just want many people to come and join in for a fun day...... I certainly donít want to create a competition, and certainly donít want to prove the Pug owners a point, its just the more the marrier....
    I agree what you said above and thanks for letting me know about the previous accidents...... didnít know about this...... clearly some people think they are the king of the road and obviously it has proven them wrong .... like you said outta talent....
    For now I will keep quiet and hopefully more Pugís will join in with the rest of the teamÖ..
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  14. #14
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    3,989

    Default

    I must admit, I'm no stranger to a Drive day or two, and I think the previous "sparring" discussion is the sort of thing that tends to make people stay away in droves.
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    I concur...

    The drives have strayed far from the social aspects they used to & a lot of inexperience has been shown. (hence i no longer attend)

    Be careful kids

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    You maybe only poking fun, but this is exactly the type of attitude on drive days you should NOT be promoting There has already been a RSC written off on one of these drives (2 accidents in one day) and a couple of pugs 306's in previous years. By all means have fun, but don't promote competition .

    - xTc -

    PS: If you need to cross double white lines to get around the corner, you've clearly misjudged the road and ran outta talent already.

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! ACT180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    268

    Default

    CL10SP: Ah huh so now you don't want competition seeing as a few Pug owners have popped their heads up!! Just kidding. You're 100% correct XTC...

    Competition is not for the roads, doesn't mean we can't have some friendly digs at each other. But probably best done in person on the day rather than scaring some away on these threads. Personally, it doesn't bother me. I know that deep down I respect the RSC and hopefully that respect is returned.

    From my limited experience on drive days (and in my opinion), the most important thing (apart from communications) is that no one succumbs to the pressure of keeping up with the guys in front if you are not comfortable doing so. The guys in front and behind should also respect that person's decision to drive within the boundaries of his/her own experience, skills, & risk assessments. Pride and ego should never come into this kind of entertainment (unless on the track), that's where problems occur. The people behind also have a responsibility to ensure that if someone in front takes their lines on corners dangerously (or does anything dangerously), it should also be brought up with the driver diplomatically. These drives are supposed to be fun and they are opportunities to learn about driving your car - I for one would gladly accept some constructive criticism.

    Geez, I hope I can make it. I am due to start a new job around that time, so I am hoping it ties in nicely.
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! qd180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Seven Hills/Down Under
    Posts
    220

    Default



    Friendly digs are fun bent cars are not

    Come and have fun just leave drivers out of it...

    It would be good to get a even turn out though....

    It would make for a great photos



    and it you do act a fool then the rest of us will beat you senseless with bars of soap wrapped in RSC Drivers stockings ala "Full metal jacket style".......... a Great movie

    Just kidding ppl ...about the stockings....... but not ther beatings.......... if your a danger on the roads
    Last edited by qd180; 26th September 2005 at 03:30 PM.
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

  18. #18
    Fellow Frogger! ACT180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qd180
    and it you do act a fool then the rest of us will beat you senseless with bars of soap wrapped in RSC Drivers stockings ala "Full metal jacket style".......... a Great movie
    Funny stuff! That movie rocks! I can picture it now...
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    30th October, you could take a look at this instead ... I guess less driving than Putty Road but interesting all the same.
    http://www.rallybathurst.com.au/
    unfrogged (for now)

  20. #20
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACT180
    CL10SP: Ah huh so now you don't want competition seeing as a few Pug owners have popped their heads up!! Just kidding. You're 100% correct XTC...

    Competition is not for the roads, doesn't mean we can't have some friendly digs at each other.
    Hehehee I AGREE with you and ALL of the above..... Everyone has a point but i am more of a social person then trying to compete on the roads....... PLZ donít take me for a road competing junky......

    LAST TIME I INVITED YOU GUYS & THE DRINKS WERE ON ME, but no one attended....... shame on you guys...... how can you miss out on a free drink.... it would even taste better knowing a Renault owner has bought it for you......

    PS-this thread is for social meetings like stated, NOT for new inexperienced drivers to come on the day and be idiots on the road...... key word "social".....
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  21. #21
    Member GTI130's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CL10SP
    Hehehee I AGREE with you and ALL of the above..... Everyone has a point but i am more of a social person then trying to compete on the roads....... PLZ donít take me for a road competing junky......

    LAST TIME I INVITED YOU GUYS & THE DRINKS WERE ON ME, but no one attended....... shame on you guys...... how can you miss out on a free drink.... it would even taste better knowing a Renault owner has bought it for you......

    PS-this thread is for social meetings like stated, NOT for new inexperienced drivers to come on the day and be idiots on the road...... key word "social".....

    Since this will be my first time out. How many cars do you get turning up to these things???
    206 GTI180 '05

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger! qd180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Seven Hills/Down Under
    Posts
    220

    Default

    The last one i attended there was about 15 cars all up

    13 RSC's
    1 206 Gti 180 ( i flew the proudly though)
    1 MX 5


    And we had a ball running the putty road loop

    But as you can see i was serverly out numbered

    Cmon Puggers lets get to this "social" drive

    May i suggest UHF radios for the drive as most drives ive been on some cars may get lost (not knowing the route etc) and someplaces theres no mobile reception either

    Just a suggestion though
    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

  23. #23
    Member CL10SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia-Sydney
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI130
    Since this will be my first time out. How many cars do you get turning up to these things???
    last time arund 10ish Clio's came and 1 Pug, but retired with a broken gearbox or somthing like that..... it was awesome.....
    Push and it turns into a tripod

  24. #24
    moosey
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nate
    I concur...

    The drives have strayed far from the social aspects they used to & a lot of inexperience has been shown. (hence i no longer attend)

    Be careful kids
    What a load of crap! The last couple of RSC drives have been the "tamest" I can remember. Lots of new faces enjoying driving their cars the way Renaultsport engineered them to - on some great pieces of tarmac and away from traffic jams - and very social to boot. Lots of stops for chats, pub lunches (no beer, of course), etc, etc. Everyone found their own limit and there was certainly no pressure to "perform". Most people hadn't realised just how special a car the RSC is before the experience. The last time I saw "stupid" driving on a drive day, it was by long term owners who had been around for a while and should really know better.

  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger! qd180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sydney/Seven Hills/Down Under
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Word.....

    I would hope to see a few newbs (hell ive only been on a handful of drives) plus the more experiance forum dwellers turn up and not get turned off by any of the posts in the thread...

    It truely is a fun day with the right mix of cars and their lovers...errrr owners

    "Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •