Adelaide Meet - Wednesday 14SEP05
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Default Adelaide Meet - Wednesday 14SEP05

A good number of Aussiefroggers from all over the country will be in Adelaide in two weeks time for Rendezvous Adelaide 2005.

Following the success of last week's dinner in Melbourne, it'd be great if we could repeat this success elsewhere in the country.

I'd love to meet some of the Aussiefroggers in Adelaide and I'm sure some of the other RA2005 participants would too. Only one specification here, being that we have this on the Wednesday night, as we will be busy on other nights.

Date: Wednesday 14th of September 2005

Feel free to suggest a place - doesn't have to be Adelaide's best Parma Local knowledge is hard to beat

Hope to see some of you in Adelaide.

Advertisement

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I should be able to make that. But will confirm closer to the date. As to where to go - It depends on where you want to go. I'd be guessing somewhere central(ish) though.

Would be good to catch up since I cant do RA.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I should be able to make that. But will confirm closer to the date. As to where to go - It depends on where you want to go. I'd be guessing somewhere central(ish) though.
    Glenelg will be easiest for participants, but somewhere around the city would be fine as well. Adelaide's not too big a city

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Glenelg will be easiest for participants, but somewhere around the city would be fine as well. Adelaide's not too big a city
    I'd vote down that way too (real close to 80% of RA2005 partcipants).. so many eating choices as well.

Wednesday night I wouldn't think a busy night, just watch those $10-$12 corkage fees ...

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Dee & I don't have any plans for Wednesday night so count us in Justin.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Yep I'm in! Glenelg's good, close to most and some nice places to grab a meal.

$10-12 for corkage?!!! Hmm maybe I'll just settle for a few coopers pale's instead, especially whilst they're still available!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Feel free to suggest a place -
    Pie floater from the pie cart.

That way anybody who is thinking of moving to Adelaide for the best driving roads will be instantly put off with this unique Adelaide style of haute cuisine. This is my contribution of venue with the idea of keeping the population of Adelaide low, and the roads clear :-)

Fellow Frogger!

Default Add x4

Mr and Mrs Graelin and two kids will be there. Good oportunity to meet up with everyone.

Graelin

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Pie floater from the pie cart.

That way anybody who is thinking of moving to Adelaide for the best driving roads will be instantly put off with this unique Adelaide style of haute cuisine. This is my contribution of venue with the idea of keeping the population of Adelaide low, and the roads clear :-)
    C'mon Simon,

You know that the 'floater is best consumed late on a friday/saturday night after a heavy night in a pub.

That's the only time I've eaten them.. From memory they tasted pretty good then too... Maybe I'll have to try a sober one.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

I've been here for 4 yrs and never had one yet! To be fixed soon....
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

I'm in - I've even had a 'floater before ( ). Even something easy like a Fasta Pasta would be ok I would have thought.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Default Aussiefrogs Dinner in ADL

Wife and I will attend provided it is not way out expensive and not too far away from the RA site, dont want to drive after too much nice SA wine
    Cheers GT

A good number of Aussiefroggers from all over the country will be in Adelaide in two weeks time for Rendezvous Adelaide 2005.

Following the success of last week's dinner in Melbourne, it'd be great if we could repeat this success elsewhere in the country.

I'd love to meet some of the Aussiefroggers in Adelaide and I'm sure some of the other RA2005 participants would too. Only one specification here, being that we have this on the Wednesday night, as we will be busy on other nights.

Date: Wednesday 14th of September 2005

Feel free to suggest a place - doesn't have to be Adelaide's best Parma Local knowledge is hard to beat

Hope to see some of you in Adelaide.

So which pie cart is the meeting point?

Alternatively, and not knowing the volume of food and eats from the 206 run earlier in the day here are some suggestions:

http://www.sahotels.com.au/glenelgjetty/index.asp

I've not been here in years, last time about five years ago, it wasn't bad. Normal pub fare etc, possibly even a parmigiana.

http://www.sammys.net.au/contact.asp

Seafood is the go here, very good fare, but could be a bit exxy for some. Check out the menu for prices.

Third choice is some seafood place upstairs overlooking the beach. Can't remember the name, and with all the redevelopment down there it could even be demolished.

Fourth choice, Fasta Pasta Glenelg, usual Nasty Pasta fare. http://fastapasta.com.au/South.html

Default Adelaide meet

Hi all, Windy Point Restaurant sounds like a good place just to see the lights of the city & a winding road for Pugs to enjoy.See you at the airport Graeme.

Windy Point may be a bit far from the Glenelg which sounds like it was a point of convenience for the 206 people, Glenelg is a reasonable distance away from cool roads. However if proximity to cool roads is desirable, these places could be worth a go, with Mt Lofty also having views. I've no idea of prices and food quality at the Mt Lofty restaurant though, it has mostly been a quick coffee and cake stop for me.

http://www.sahotels.com.au/scenic/index.asp

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/par...fty_summit.pdf

Windy Point may be a bit far from the Glenelg which sounds like it was a point of convenience for the 206 people, Glenelg is a reasonable distance away from cool roads. However if proximity to cool roads is desirable, these places could be worth a go, with Mt Lofty also having views. I've no idea of prices and food quality at the Mt Lofty restaurant though, it has mostly been a quick coffee and cake stop for me.
    I've eaten at Mt Lofty before at the Grand Mercure Hotel.

I just remember that they don't have "bottles of apple juice", they have "flagons" - great stuff though. That's the kind of place it is - quiet and small.

Adelaide Simon (there are three Simons in this thread ), I'm happy to let you choose. Basically somewhere that can handle a group of people and is easy going enough for a group to have conversation without feeling they need to whisper

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

This Simon Sez, Iíll leave the choice up to the other Simonís.

They are more likely in tune with the tastes and budgets of the average Peugeot owner and those attending the 206 event. Not knowing the itinerary that day I couldnít make the call on whether it has been a day full of food at the Barossa, in that case something light may be the go. Iím fairly easy when it comes to food, obviously the nicer the food the better. But if it has already been a big 206 day you probably wouldnít want to trawl across town for tea if you are based at Glenelg.

Oh, the Mt Lofty Summit restaurant is not the same as the one at the Grand Mercure. The Summit restaurant is about 800 odd metres further north at the top of Mt Lofty. The one at the Grand Mercure is quite a nice place though, though a place where you probably would want to whisper rather than chat :-).

If you want great roads and great food - I dont think you can beat the Scenic hotel at Norton Summit...

But like everyone has said I think that Glenelg will be the best bet for the out of towners as it's easy to find!

I have fond memories of many a tea and scones at the old Mt Lofty lookout (before it was razed in the Ash Wed fires many years ago). I haven't revisited the place since, and I'm sure it's much more upmarket these days.

It's probably going to be a bit far though after a day's 206/307/406 Coupe meanderings
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    It's probably going to be a bit far though after a day's 206/307/406 Coupe meanderings
    Sounds like you should do a trade for a Renault, you probably wouldn't feel so tired :-)

Sounds like you should do a trade for a Renault, you probably wouldn't feel so tired :-)
    Secretly he's after a Golf GTi

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Count me in. Can't say no to preorganised dinner arrangements by the locals who know best where to eat out.
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

I'm thinking of the group, not myself you rude man

After all, I'm not just driving across the heavy peak hour traffic of Adelaide to get there.

Besides, if I had a Renault I probably would nod off, as I would be closing my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at it
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

After all, I'm not just driving across the heavy peak hour traffic of Adelaide to get there.

Besides, if I had a Renault I probably would nod off, as I would be closing my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at it

Actually I think you'd be closing your eyes because it's so boring!!
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Secretly he's after a Golf GTi
    Hmm, difficult to top that!

I reckon Renault would do a really good deal on some nice cushy Laguna's! The depreciation on those would be enough to keep you awake with worry!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Actually I think you'd be closing your eyes because it's so boring!!
    It's the stealth factor that counts with a Renault. It's what's underneath that puts it on top :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information