Been-a-long time at JUGIONG
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Been-a-long time at JUGIONG

The 40th Jugiong is back on for 2003 folks. The event has been scheduled for the April long weekend (Fri 25th - Sun 27th).

Further details to come very soon but basically:
    Arrive Friday, set up tent or check-in to hotel in Jugiong or surrounding towns.
    Sporting events for sporting people on Saturday.
    Drive to Tumut for non Sporting people for lunch (so yes, your restored Renault can find its way to Jugiong now too).
    Sunday will now include a drive to Binalong and a visit and lunch at the Binalong Motor Museum.
    Head home from Binalong.

These details are pretty much correct. Further times and updates will be posted in the next couple of days.

Advertisement
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Don't forget to drop into the Gundagai Tourist Office and pay your $2 for a look at Rusconi's Marble Masterpiece...

And if you're in Gundagai in business hours, wander into the Mitre 10 store and go upstairs. You won't believe the photo collection... prints of all descriptions taken by the local doctor between 1890 and 1928.

Then just wander down under the old timber bridges and picture all the traffic between Sydney and Melbourne going over the road one!

UFO
    And go to the Niagra Cafe (I hope it still exists) for an EXCELLENT old fashioned hamburger and chips. YUM YUM PIG'S BUM dance
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Sporting types might also be interested to know that the Rally Of Canberra is also on that weekend. See <a href="http://www.roc.com.au" target="_blank">www.roc.com.au</a>
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

Renweave -

I tried to email you a while back to see if the Canberra club is interested in coming over for any of the Jugiong/Binalong activities? Your email appeared not to work (the one off this forum).

Those that aren't going to ROC anyway.

Do you want to sound them out and get back to me. For any of the lunches or dinners we need to know numbers for catering by the 14th April.

[email protected]

Regards
    Kevin Byron
    Social Director (RCCA).
    KB

Hi guys

As Social Sec for the Renault Owners Club Canberra we would be happy to advertise the date in the next (April ) magazine.
    Is it a definate for this Anzac w/e?

Regards

Luke
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

Luke.

Jugoing/Binalong is a definite. The only trouble with advertising in April is if people have enought time to get back to us for catering before the 14th if they want to attend any of the BBQs?

You have my email (listed in the previous post). Add it to your address book and perhaps send one onto me so I can add yours to mine. That way we can touch base in future and maybe run a joint event or two; and specifically on Jugiong this year. Will you be having a club meeting before the 14th?

Also what is the date of your French Car Day this year? We may have a few starters coming down again if it doesn't conflict with ours.

Regards
    Kevin.
    KB

My email [email protected] may have been overloaded, otherwise is working now. We have a club meeting on 9 April and newsletter should be out a day or two before that. So please send details to Luke.
    Our club committee meeting is tonight and will be discussing FCD. The thing that is holding up everything is trying to get Public Liability insurance. When are you planning to hold FCD in Sydney. We usually have it Sunday before Bastille Day.
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) (current)
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

Unfortunately it may conflict. The Sydney FCD is always on the Sunday before Bastille Day as well.

Previously, Canberra has held it on the following Sunday, in which case a few people including myself have come down - I was down on a motorcycle (obviously not a Renault! - although Peugeot still make motorcycles/scooters) the year before last I think; but that year we had an R10 and Dauphine Gordini attend as well.

You are probably only going to get at maximum 4-5 cars from Sydney I would think so it may not be worth your while to change just for us - I'll leave it to your discretion.

Luke I will email you the Jugiong details tonight - but I apologise in advance; it is a 2Mb file.
    KB

Thread Information