Canberran Frog drive for GTi's
  • Register
  • Help

Icon3 Canberran Frog drive for GTi's

Hi All,

Just trying to organise a drive for all the GTi's of canberra for this weekend. Got a few people who are keen. PM me with your email for more details. All frogs welcome

Advertisement

As a side note, I believe there used to be an ACT GTi club that went to dust. If anyone would be interested in kicking this one is the butt to get it back up and running again let me know your thoughts or suggestions.

Cheers,
    [email protected]

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hi All,
    Just trying to organise a drive for all the GTi's of canberra for this weekend. Got a few people who are keen. PM me with your email for more details. All frogs welcome
    As a side note, I believe there used to be an ACT GTi club that went to dust. If anyone would be interested in kicking this one is the butt to get it back up and running again let me know your thoughts or suggestions.
    Cheers,
    [email protected]
    Drive sounds like a great idea ... have you mentioned it at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peugeot-206gti/ yet .. there is a few ACT owners on there.

As for a GTi club, it would be much easier and cheaper to just join the
    Peugeot Association of Canberra Incorporated http://www.pcug.org.au/%7Emcnamee/pac/index.html that way you don't have to draw up a constitution, incorpoarte the club, set up bank accounts, committees, pay for a separate public liability insurance, P.O.Box, websites, membership fees etc etc.

Approach the club, join and suggest you volunteer to run a club event every 3 months or something.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Drive sounds like a great idea ... have you mentioned it at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peugeot-206gti/ yet .. there is a few ACT owners on there.

As for a GTi club, it would be much easier and cheaper to just join the
    Peugeot Association of Canberra Incorporated http://www.pcug.org.au/%7Emcnamee/pac/index.html that way you don't have to draw up a constitution, incorpoarte the club, set up bank accounts, committees, pay for a separate public liability insurance, P.O.Box, websites, membership fees etc etc.

Approach the club, join and suggest you volunteer to run a club event every 3 months or something.

- xTc -
    I've been part of the club for a year now and it is great. What I was wanting was more to just have regular events for GTi owners. At the moment the ACT PUG Association seems to be more geared towards the classic pugs (or that's the impression I get).

Thanks for the suggestion of the 206gti.net post, will go ahead and do that now.

XTC

At the moment the ACT PUG Association seems to be more geared towards the classic pugs (or that's the impression I get).
    That's true cause the VAST majority of members are into Classic pugs (this goes for most of PCC in Aust), as you promote it and get more current model members, you can start to do other events that appeal to these owners. But it's up to you guys to organise and run things that help bring new members in.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Tadpole

Default RA-October

Sorry I will not be abler tomake the drive this weekend but I am interested in doing any Im home for. Just a reminder IMPORTSANT for all GTi and GTi180 derivers is the following site, get in quickly as places are limited: - http://www.pccwa.org.au/ra-index.php
    If anyone requires more information please contact me at
    [email protected]

Oh yes also dont forget the Peugeot Assiciation of Canberra, it would be great to have more 206 drivers in it too.

Cheers Graham

Hi All,

Cheers,
    [email protected]

It is a pitty you are not going to be there, Looks like i will be traveling down from sydney to the area. sounds like a good drive
    Quote Originally Posted by ploncko
    Sorry I will not be abler tomake the drive this weekend but I am interested in doing any Im home for. Just a reminder IMPORTSANT for all GTi and GTi180 derivers is the following site, get in quickly as places are limited: - http://www.pccwa.org.au/ra-index.php
    If anyone requires more information please contact me at
    [email protected]

Oh yes also dont forget the Peugeot Assiciation of Canberra, it would be great to have more 206 drivers in it too.

Cheers Graham

Just thought I'd post a bit of a report on the day. We met as planned at 9am in Braddon. We got a Sahara Gold 206GTi (Caleb), black 180 (David), silver 180 (me - Joel), blue 180 (Jimmy), and an outstanding silver GTi6 (Ben).

After a bit of a chat and some photo opps, we moved on and drove to Maccas @ Cooma along Monaro Hwy for a bite to eat and some coffee. We continued from Cooma to Jindabyne where we stopped for fuel and more photos. Ben left us and returned at this point due to feeling unwell. Up to this point there was a fair bit of traffic and the roads were fairly boring. Onwards from Jindabyne to Thredbo the roads became very twisty, the bitumen was excellent quality and there was very little traffic, lots of fun was had. We made it to Khancoban had a bite to eat at the local pub, turned around and returned to Canberra.

This was the most memorable drive for me in any car as it was a first (for me)to really see how good these cars are on long drives. I am very impressed to say the least! Thanks go to Caleb for taking the lead with organising and to David for making the trip down from Sydney. Davids experience was very much appreciated.

Hope to do it all again soon!

Cheers,
    Joel
    Peugeot 206 GTi180 '04-I'm in love!

yes it was a drive that will be remembered, the roads there are great, good weather and a back ground to suit. here are some of the photos

http://spaces.msn.com/members<WBR>/206GTi180/

Jimmy, I have got some cutting compound if you need it!. was great to meet everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACT180
    Just thought I'd post a bit of a report on the day. We met as planned at 9am in Braddon. We got a Sahara Gold 206GTi (Caleb), black 180 (David), silver 180 (me - Joel), blue 180 (Jimmy), and an outstanding silver GTi6 (Ben).

After a bit of a chat and some photo opps, we moved on and drove to Maccas @ Cooma along Monaro Hwy for a bite to eat and some coffee. We continued from Cooma to Jindabyne where we stopped for fuel and more photos. Ben left us and returned at this point due to feeling unwell. Up to this point there was a fair bit of traffic and the roads were fairly boring. Onwards from Jindabyne to Thredbo the roads became very twisty, the bitumen was excellent quality and there was very little traffic, lots of fun was had. We made it to Khancoban had a bite to eat at the local pub, turned around and returned to Canberra.

This was the most memorable drive for me in any car as it was a first (for me)to really see how good these cars are on long drives. I am very impressed to say the least! Thanks go to Caleb for taking the lead with organising and to David for making the trip down from Sydney. Davids experience was very much appreciated.

Hope to do it all again soon!

Cheers,
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    yes it was a drive that will be remembered, the roads there are great, good weather and a back ground to suit. here are some of the photos

http://spaces.msn.com/members<WBR>/206GTi180/
    Nice photos David.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Hey guys,

Looks like you had a sweet time on the drive, sorry i coulnt make it, dont think i was fit to drive a car at the time.

if your all keen we should do up another one soon, this week end maybe,

let me know what you think, ill keep an eye out on here.

Thread Information