Track times?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Track times?

Default Track times?

Can anybody tell me what kind of track times some of the Frggers have done at Queensland Raceway in fact anyone's times (and the cars they drove) would be handy for a comparison.

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

My stock 306 XT did 1.07.4 on the Sprint circuit on stock tyres.

Fastest car I have ever seen on the full circuit was a Supra from a racing series in Japan, over here for tyre testing that ran 1.03.3 when pushed, but was doing 1.05s all day in the test.

If you go to the Queensland Raceway website and look up "The Track" ,all of the records are available for all classes.
    Last edited by alan moore; 28th March 2005 at 08:18 PM.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Zen

1:05.210 on the Sprint track has been the quickest I've managed in the 180. I'm determined to break into the 1:04's.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

1000+ Posts

PIG 205 did a 1.3.02 however now with a rollcage [more weight ] dunno.
    Will find out soon.
    cheers JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

1:06.72 in the S16 with road tyres on the sprint circuit for me
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Cal

Sprint Circuit:

1.04.54 in the Sprinter
    1.05.10 in dad's STi
    1.05.32 in the MX5 (oh boy is that time coming down soon )

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

I'm asking for an ulterior motive, naturally.

I've seen the times he posted in the GT-R and 1.08.22 was his best so I was trying to get a line on times as I would imagine that thing should lap a fair bit faster than a 2WD of any description, given that it also pulled 330 BHP at the wheels on the dyno sheet.
    I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but I would presume this may have been done on other sections of the track as he's usually pretty quick and apparently slaughtered them at the Pittsworth sprints where he won outright.
    Another yardstick too I would presume was the Highway Patrol car that was also on the track when he was at one stage and he apparently left him in a cloud of dust.
    When I find out more, I'll post it.

Alan S

I expect your son was running on the Clubman Circuit. The near stock Geminis run 1.08s and the HQs with single Stromberg and 3 speed box run 1.07s. They are surprisingly quick, with late model sporting Holdens and Falcons being hosed off by a 90 Hp Gemini, set up for the circuit.

On the national circuit the V8 Supercars run 1.11s.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

You may be getting close Alan, but again, this is where it doesn't make sense. If he were in the BX I could understand his times being around Gemini/HQ figures but that GT-R of his is exceptionally quick; I'm talking 0 - 100 in around 4.8 seconds (properly timed) and he was running a set of rims and rubber he bought from a guy in Canberra who was in the Nations Cup or one of those series which is beginning to get down a bit but still hangs on pretty well.
    From what I hear he was playing with the Patrol car down the straight; letting him catch up & then just gunning it and putting daylight on him which makes me wonder if perhaps it may have been teh National circuit as you call it.

Alan S

Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Sprint Circuit:

1.04.54 in the Sprinter
    1.05.10 in dad's STi
    1.05.32 in the MX5 (oh boy is that time coming down soon )

Cal.
    So you're coming out this weekend, Cal?

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Extracting info bit at a time, but it seems it was on the Clubman circuit and looking at times and records, it's not too bad, pretty well on the pace particularly when you see the tyres have seen better days and apparently there was a section wet and another where the track had been covered with water and the silt was still there (turn 2, I think he said) where he had an excursion iinto the kitty litter. Hopefully next year he'll have the new rubber so we'll see what thay brings. In looking at the results on their website, he was quicker than a few other GT-Rs, an Evo 6 and even an M3 so he was pretty well on the pace.
    I take it none of you guys went down at Easter?

Alan S

Cal

Meow....I checked my Clubman Circuit times from last month. First time on the track I did consistant low 1.09's. That is with 104rwhp. Tell your son to buy a real car. He should get that sorted out to go five seconds a lap faster than that.

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    So you're coming out this weekend, Cal?

Rich
    Nah mate......engine is out of the car. That's why you've heard nothing from me for the last little while. I've only done the Top Gear meeting this year and pulled the motor the following weekend. I was hoping to put the engine back in this weekend, but I think it could be the weekend after now.

You been getting out much? Did you fit the Unichip?

Cheers,

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

Meow....I checked my Clubman Circuit times from last month. First time on the track I did consistant low 1.09's. That is with 104rwhp. Tell your son to buy a real car. He should get that sorted out to go five seconds a lap faster than that.

Cal.
    Have you looked at the spreadsheet on the lap times on the Qld Raceways website? It shows some pretty fast cars doing some fairly ordinary times and he was way better than a lot of those so obviously he was doing OK. As I say, he didn't get it all his own way with dirt on the track as well as wet sections and on his final lap it blew a turbo....ahh, the joys of ricecookers (as I told him!!)

Alan S

Alan S

Cal

I was only taking the piss.

Was he on slicks?

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

He was on used slicks that had been grooved, but the grooves are well down these days which is why the wet and the dirt really threw it around.
    I'll put it this way; if they were on a V8 super car they'd be calling him into the pits within the next few laps, but as they don't do too many laps, he's getting his money's worth.
    He's got a couple of minutes of video but I won't promise to get it to you as old slacky usually never gets around to running it off for me; I'll just say that I'll try & get a copy if possible.
    I reckon he might still get down there for one of the track days, but problem is the big useless thing can't drive on the track tyres on the highway and they can't fit a spare set in the car due to their size.

Alan S

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I reckon he might still get down there for one of the track days, but problem is the big useless thing can't drive on the track tyres on the highway and they can't fit a spare set in the car due to their size.

Alan S
    Where is he dedication? Tell him to take the interior out to fit them in. If I can get 4 wheels in an MX5 by removing the passenger seat, I'm sure he can manage in a Skyline.

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

Where is he dedication? Tell him to take the interior out to fit them in. If I can get 4 wheels in an MX5 by removing the passenger seat, I'm sure he can manage in a Skyline.

Cal.
    But you forget, it's a 5 hours each way drive so tents and things also have to come, and where do you throw the girlfriend; on the roof rack??

Alan S

Zen

Nah mate......engine is out of the car. That's why you've heard nothing from me for the last little while. I've only done the Top Gear meeting this year and pulled the motor the following weekend. I was hoping to put the engine back in this weekend, but I think it could be the weekend after now.

You been getting out much? Did you fit the Unichip?

Cheers,

Cal.
    Man, I'll have to come down and have a look the next Top Gear meet.

I haven't been out to QR since October last year. I did go out to Darlington a few weeks back, apart from that I haven't been out to a track. I'm putting off installing the Unichip for a while, I'm open to offers if anyone's after one. If it's going to go in I'm gonna do the rear muffler at the same time and see if I can tweak the both of them to get an improvement. In the meantime, those Silverstones have been the best investment for improved lap times and fun.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Zen

As a yardstick, my boss clocked a 1:03 in his R33 GTR on the Clubman Circuit and went 58.9 on the Sprint... considering the limited mods he's done to it that is moving.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Rich,

Your boss doesn't happen to know Brad's mate, Richard with the red DeTomaso by any chance?

Pity you guys couldn't meet up some time as this Richard has bought some kind of Porsche that apparently is a full on race car from Europe (it's not road registered) and him and Brad are presently involved in a project to develop it into a LeMans car based on the real McCoy gear as used in the actual LeMans cars used there. Yes, I know it will cost a fortune and sounds a bit fairy tale stuff but they already have some of the stuff here and some on the way. The car has run at QR a few weeks back with one of the Porsche Cup drivers behind the wheel just as a test of its ability and scared the shit out of everybody apparently.

Alan S

Zen

More of an acquaintance than a friend. We've met the guy a few times, I did hear about this Porsche but it's interesting to find out who the owner actually is! Thanks for the info.

Rich

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Thread Information