French car show?
  • Register
  • Help

French car show?

Does anyone know if and when the French car show is on for Victoria? Last year the show was postponed for this year because of the rain but normally the show is in november some time.

Advertisement

Cheers

Ask Citroen, its there turn, but I think there to busy doing there own concours
    Next year is Renaults turn so at least it will be done properly then.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

The Citroen club is planning to hold the event on Bastille Day, Sunday July 14, but wants a venue that is under cover. Any ideas?

Go for the big time, Jeffs Shed / Bracks Shack
    '05 Pearl Black Mťgane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

I like the suggestion of Jeff's shed! But why does it have to be undercover? My idea would be somewhere like Moet Chandon where there could be a wet weather contingency plan. A nice location like that would please the sponsors and distributors who could put on good displays as well as the various club displays. Also there are lots of good drives around that area!

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

WOULD IT BE ANY FRENCH CAR SHOW SOON IN SYDNEY?

Any further news on the Vic FCD proposed to be held on 14 July?
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

I think the French car day in Sydney is normally on in about June/July. I think it is the same this year.

UFO
    Surprisingly, the Tri Club Bastille Day Concours is on, well, Bastille Day this year. This is what the CitroŽn Club understands.

The Pug Club normally organises this great day out, and for the past couple of years it has been at Brays Bay Reserve at Concord. However last year it got very car crowded, so I don't know where it will be this year.

Anyway, plenty of time to plan and advertise yet.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole
    A possibility is to use a city car park. I have just finished working for one of the larger comapnies and many of the central car parks are not used on Sundays. The comapny I worked for, Care Park, has an ideal car park. The old Nuffield's Factory at Batman St (not avenue) West Melbourne was orginally the Austin/Morris assembly plant back in the 50's and then the State Governments Fleet HQ. Though not French there is a car connection, it is undercover (so weather immune), centrally located and it has a certain industrial charm. There is only two problems I can think of. If there is a game on at Colonial it will not be available, and two the price to rent, I'd guess you might get it for ~$300 and up. If its not available there are others. This is all assuming you do get permission but there is no harm trying especially if they charge people to park there too!

Any further updates on the proposed date of 14 July 2002 and the proposed venue for the Victorian FCD??
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

The Sydney Tri-Club event is definitely on Bastille Day (14th July) this year at Brays Bay Reserve Rhodes/Concord (location as in past years). My understanding is that this year we (the Renault club) will be relocating slightly to make more room for the pugs and cits. So you'll see us closer to the main road.

Kevin Byron - Social Director (RCCA)
    KB

No decision yet about the Vic FCD, Citroen are looking at locations, Footscray market is one. I suggested that if nothing is available at reasonable cost than maybe they should be looking over my side of town. Its a known fact that the western suburbs get a lot less rain fall than the rest of Melb. I'm 20km from the city and while the GP practise was called off because of rain I was sitting in the back yard with my feet up drinking a beer watching it all on TV. I suggested Brim Bank park in Keilor where we had the Renault round up last year.
    CCCV are having a meeting soon so a decision should be made by the end of the month.
    PCCV are still asking for it to be put back to later in the year but we would like to know if Adelaide FCD has been given a date yet.

David.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

David,

Does the park at Keilor look any better during winter? I mean last year at the Roundup it was like travelling to Mars with the scorched earth appearance rolling into the reserve, and the kiosk ran out of food and drinks towards the end.

Also no convoy across the Westgate and freeway like to the Roundup, it was not fun being a 25mph mobile chicane, until I broke from the convoy anyway, then it was fun!

How about Moet Chandon as in my previous suggestion?

As for the Adelaide AFAD, no idea when it will be on. Some time ago I heard it was going to be tied to the Baudin/Matthew Flinders anniversary events that are currently being held, but there is no news.

Simon

[quote]Originally posted by David Cavanagh:
    <strong>No decision yet about the Vic FCD, Citroen are looking at locations, Footscray market is one. I suggested that if nothing is available at reasonable cost than maybe they should be looking over my side of town. Its a known fact that the western suburbs get a lot less rain fall than the rest of Melb. I'm 20km from the city and while the GP practise was called off because of rain I was sitting in the back yard with my feet up drinking a beer watching it all on TV. I suggested Brim Bank park in Keilor where we had the Renault round up last year.
    CCCV are having a meeting soon so a decision should be made by the end of the month.
    PCCV are still asking for it to be put back to later in the year but we would like to know if Adelaide FCD has been given a date yet.

David.</strong><hr></blockquote>
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

No Simon, there won't be any convoy across West Gate bridge, looked good on video but it was a little death defying. The problem at Keilor was that once before another car club booked it (Alfa I think) and they put on extra staff, food etc and they didn't turn up, so when we said we wanted to fill the place with Renaults they said "yeah sure". I think they got the biggest surprise of there lives when 100 Renaults turned up and about 300 people.
    We've spoken to Domain Chandon and other similar place and there not really interested unless there big money in it for them, unfortunatly we couldn't afford it, we'd love to, but we'd have to charge to much admission and that would scare people off.
    David.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Thread Information