we need a sa gti club
  • Register
  • Help

Default we need an sa gti club

we need a club in sa for those gti pugs out there that want to be driven, have track days etc, the current pug club is more for the oldies

Advertisement
    Last edited by casterbased; 10th February 2005 at 08:27 PM.
    2008 Fiesta XR4 "ST150"
    -Cosworth cams, Cosworth intake manifold, CIA "K&N", Dream science, De-Cat, Eibach, Bilsteins, White Line sway bar "rear", EBC Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, OZ Racing wheels, Toyo R1R

1964 S2a Land Rover LWB
    -Served with the 1st Australian Task Force, Vietnam, original condition

1994 S3 205 GTI
    -3L 406 V6 Conversion

2009 Husqvarna TE510
    -Blinged

It is not hard to form a car club, just lots of enthusiasm from like minded pepole. Once you have, align yourselves with CAMS. This will then allow you to associate with other car clubs at state level, in regard to shared track days at Mallala, Hillclimbs etc.

Hey guys there is a Peugeot Car Club of SA, why don't you join that.
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pccsa/

It is a lot easier to join one that start you're own.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Hey guys there is a Peugeot Car Club of SA, why don't you join that.
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pccsa/

It is a lot easier to join one that start you're own.
    full of oldies
    2008 Fiesta XR4 "ST150"
    -Cosworth cams, Cosworth intake manifold, CIA "K&N", Dream science, De-Cat, Eibach, Bilsteins, White Line sway bar "rear", EBC Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, OZ Racing wheels, Toyo R1R

1964 S2a Land Rover LWB
    -Served with the 1st Australian Task Force, Vietnam, original condition

1994 S3 205 GTI
    -3L 406 V6 Conversion

2009 Husqvarna TE510
    -Blinged

Fellow Frogger!

Default Change it!

If you already have a club it is much easier than trying to start a new one and draft constitutions ect.

The club in SA has been in trouble and from what I have heard it was trying to be resurected.

If younger people dont go and join what will eventually happen???

Clubs can be changed look at WA PCC as an example. Four years ago looking at folding last year over seventy members and a lot of those GTi owners!

In WA yes there was some resistence however most members welcomed the new blood and what a difference it has made. Have a look at the web (pcccwa.org.au) for a good example.

The club can only be as good as its members and the effort that they can put in.

Remember these oldies were once youngies and some will have a good story to tell, if you get a chance have a look at the way some of these oldies handled their cars in the Redex rerun.

There is a structure for change (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performingand adjourning. If you understand this it makes understanding and implementing change easier.

I would hope that enthusiasts such as yourself at least try to work within an existing Peugeot Car Club. One good reason is that if you want sponsorship the industry is not going to have difficulties with dividing sponsorships and loyalties between a number of clubs. This was evident in WA when there were basicaly three different clubs or organisations.

I hope this helps you and I would like to see the SA club rejuvinated.
    Graelin

There is already a Peugeot club in Adelaide and I dont think you've looked into it hard enough to dismiss them purely as "oldies" I spoke to a couple of guys running the 505 GTi's which were pretty quick and they werent that old! Im planning on going along to have a look at one of their meetings, as the guys yesterday were encouraging more people with new "front drive" pug's to join and help the club grow.

However if you want to set up your own club for GTi's then knock yourself out. Having run a car club several years ago it's alot of work and you'll need a team of people who are dedicated and have the free time to devote to running it.

You'll also need the following:

A Post Office Box
    A Constitution
    A place to hold monthly meetings
    Become an Incorperated Association
    Public Liability Insurance (this is the killer)
    etc etc

Also if you want to make it a GTi club then you'll open yourself up to anything wearing a GTi badge. This includes all Pugs (including the 505's that were driven by the "oldies"), Suzuki Swifts, Proton Satrias, VW golf's etc etc.

But dont let this stop you.... IF you want a GTi club then set it up, then actions speak louder than words if you know what I mean

Personally I'm going to give the guys at PCCSA a go first.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Only sensible thing to do really!

ed ge

old knowledge worth 10:1 youthful enthusiasm.

Thread Information