Froggy cruise speeding fine...
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By silverexec

Thread: Froggy cruise speeding fine...

Froggy cruise speeding fine...

Here we go, I guess I'm the first casualty. Received the $125 surprise this morning in the mail. Apparently I was doing 86km/h in an 80 zone in Narbethong, between the 84 and 85km posts... obviously the white RAV 4.

A nice strategic position where the road goes from 100km/h to 80km/h. I did eventually get down to 80 as we were obviously going through a built up area, but on the entry into the town, I don't believe it was necessary to have a camera there, for "safety" purposes anyway...

Advertisement

And yes, this is my first ever speeding ticket.
    I think I have a right to be upset.
    moon mallet disappro moon mallet

Richard

<small>[ 28 February 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: silverexec ]</small>
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    Still nothing for me yet. I'm hoping my hopelessly inaccurate speedo has helped me out of it. Mind you, now that I've said that I can expect mine to come in the mail on monday
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Bah, what town? It's more like a village!

Sorry to hear about the fine. Just remember, under the old system you wouldn't have been fined - you were only 7.5% over the limit. We did send out a warning message about the camera over the CB.

Ahwell, I guess that not so great Melbourne cruise tradition continues. Someone always gets fined.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

rek
    Hmm, I haven't got anything nasty in the mail yet .. sorry to hear of you breaking your incident-free driving career. Hopefully my driving record will remain pure, drum roll on Monday when the mailman comes for sure.

I guess by early next week, we'll all know whether or not to breathe easy or get hit in the wallet disappro

(Well, I did get some council voting thing which is annoying, but I don't think I can blame the RAV for that wink )
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

6kph over and your get a $125 !!

man, that is bullshite.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

rek
    Reno17:
    6kph over and your get a $125 !!

man, that is bullshite.
    The tolerance for cameras (and maybe also other forms of speed metering, I'm not 100% sure on this) here is 3kph. disappro
    Peter

nJm
    Justin, I didn't hear the warning over the CB as there was too great a distance between us. Don't forget they only have a range of 3km 'line of sight' and we were in a very hilly part of town, so to speak.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Ahwell, next time we better have more CBs then!

Also, it's a good idea for people to retransmit - as people in the middle may hear the message, but people at the rear may not.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

rek
    I can just imagine next time, someone spins and does a 180.. all over the radio it's:

"Conn Sonar, Crazy Ivan!"

Peter

You boys have not also had the biggest froggy cruze, but probably the most contravercial (spel?) one yet.
    Good to see most are still relatively happy, despite the ridiculous cost of that fine, ........ what am i on about, i was threatened with a on-spot $55 littering charge for missing the lob of a my can into a bin!...from a grey-ghost!! freaks....
    Xq
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts
    Remember the last cruise... I got a $125 fine for doing 105km/h in a 100 zone while driving jason's car - Obviously there is some karma problem with me driving that car - Oh well, Speed Costs...
    Tim

2013 BMW 320i Touring M-Sport xDrive (Estoril Blue)

xqisid:
    You boys have not also had the biggest froggy cruze, but probably the most contravercial (spel?) one yet.
    Good to see most are still relatively happy, despite the ridiculous cost of that fine, ........ what am i on about, i was threatened with a on-spot $55 littering charge for missing the lob of a my can into a bin!...from a grey-ghost!! freaks....
    Xq
    But did you attempt to pick your can up? If not...BAHHHAHAHAHA!!! :p (sorry man, I'm a bit of a non-littererererer) If you did...as N.W.A said..."F the P"

Only today I was thinking how much I would LOVE to collect all the cig butts ppl throw out of their cars and dump them on them in their sleep. whip
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Ahwell, next time we better have more CBs then!

Also, it's a good idea for people to retransmit - as people in the middle may hear the message, but people at the rear may not.
    Yeah, I didn't hear the warning either. Later on in the cruise though, it was very helpful when people started retransmitting everything from upfront to the people at the back, it was much easier to understand something when you hear it a few times.

So it looks like I'm the only victim so far? Hopefully no-one else got done, I only hope that the mental ute driver pulling that big bloody boat in front of me got a ticket, he didn't bother to slow down through town and was far more dangerous than I was IMO.

Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Hey Richard,

My wife got her first ever speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago also - in our 505 wagon with the really dodgy speedo (reads almost double but that's another story).

She was doing 89 or something in an 80 zone. We wrote a letter asking for a withdrawal (basically asking for leniency) as she had never had a speeding ticket before. She got off this time! You should try it also. Beats paying $125 and losing a point. We are in the ACT but I know that it also works in NSW as my father in law also had the same situation recently. Don't know if they are so 'nice' in other states.

Cheers,
    James S

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go... Although in the past I've haven't had much luck with these sorts of letters (not that this sort of thing happens often... mallet ).

I wrote a letter a few months ago trying to get out of a parking ticket because I'd run out of petrol (a long story...). Anyway, the council didn't give a damn so I had to pay for the ticket. They were nice enough though to extend the final payment date a few times because I couldn't afford it. How nice is that??? moon

Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

For my wife, she just stated that it was her first ever speeding ticket and asked that they show leniency by taking her driving history (16 years) into account. It worked for her.

If you write a letter and don't hear back from them just prior to the payment date, make a phone call to them to see where it's at. You may have to make the payment and then if you are lucky, they'll send you a cheque if you get off. This happenned to my father in law.

Good Luck with it.
    James

Thread Information