tsunami show n shine-melbourne
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default tsunami show n shine-melbourne

    ok im thinking of orginising a show n shine for peugeots of the 5 series[205,405,505,605 etc]just for the hell of it and maybe raise some money for the tsunami appeal
    other models would be welcome and another section will be orginised for cars not of this era.
    this will be orginised if i get enough interest from you guys which means pm me with interest and posting interest below me.
    i think if i can orginise it i would like to do it close to my vacinity[balwyn,kew.,doncaster etc]
    i may also need some help in orginising it so any body interested in helping out please contact me.possibly someone from french car day
    i would also like to have a sausage sizzle or the like with profits going to the tsunami appeal.
    there may be an entrant fee if we have to pay for a venue.
    would like any info and help setting this up as i have not done one before.and it should be done within the next month or so.
    ta-BAZZ

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon14

    Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    ok im thinking of orginising a show n shine for peugeots of the 5 series[205,405,505,605 etc]just for the hell of it and maybe raise some money for the tsunami appeal
    other models would be welcome and another section will be orginised for cars not of this era.
    this will be orginised if i get enough interest from you guys which means pm me with interest and posting interest below me.
    i think if i can orginise it i would like to do it close to my vacinity[balwyn,kew.,doncaster etc]
    i may also need some help in orginising it so any body interested in helping out please contact me.possibly someone from french car day
    i would also like to have a sausage sizzle or the like with profits going to the tsunami appeal.
    there may be an entrant fee if we have to pay for a venue.
    would like any info and help setting this up as i have not done one before.and it should be done within the next month or so.
    ta-BAZZ
    Could be well up for it bazz, no doubt my bro and his group of 504's would like it as well but they will have to go into the 4's (not as good ) section.

    This is assuming my car doesn't sell by then. We could try to hold it in a carpark so we don't have to pay a fee, although I'm sure a local ground would donate their land for the appeal.

    good suggestion bazz, anyone else?
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    im down, its great to see so many groups organising things to try & generate some dollars.

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! lucin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    inner E melbourne
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    Could be well up for it bazz, no doubt my bro and his group of 504's would like it as well but they will have to go into the 4's (not as good ) section.
    Sounds good!

    By inference, would my car go into the 6's (a little bit better) section?
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! DejaVu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Croydon, Melbourne
    Posts
    693

    Default

    count me in. i should be there with bells on. oh yeah...there will be bells.

    dave, your car hasn't sold yet? thats criminal! i tryed to get my mate to have a look at it, but he bought a BMW 535i instead.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu
    count me in. i should be there with bells on. oh yeah...there will be bells.

    dave, your car hasn't sold yet? thats criminal! i tryed to get my mate to have a look at it, but he bought a BMW 535i instead.

    Hey mate,

    yeah no sell yet but this weekits been crazy. So many queries. I think Christams slowed things down a bit but now I hope it will sell by the weekend.

    BMW's are good too but I wouldn't want to do any major work on one.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucin
    Sounds good!

    By inference, would my car go into the 6's (a little bit better) section?

    ha ha ha .good try.-BAZZ

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! bazgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    nth balwyn, victoria
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    well that created enough imidiate interest to say it will probably be a goer.
    the car park idea is a good one,would have to rope off a section or similar to keep the area for ouselves i would imagine. yes/no
    anyone interested in helping with the orginisation etc i would be apreciative.
    has anyone ran one of these before?,would like any ideas or suggestions on the thing as a whole ,so if ya cant physically help with your time,maybe throw a few ideas my way.
    post here,pm me or buzz me on the walkabout fone- 0418126691
    does anyone know who sets up the french car days in melbourne as i wouldnt mind seeing if that venue would be available.there is some work being done there at the moment so will have to check it out.-BAZZ

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts Stone Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Baz;

    Has anything come of this yet?? I'm interested to come along but I don't think my or Rach's 205 gti are in any "show 'n shine" state at the moment. IN fact we currently resemble a pair of paddock bombs due to moving house and hot weather etc.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6


    ......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.



    "I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts silverexec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    IN fact we currently resemble a pair of paddock bombs due to moving house and hot weather etc.
    Maybe we can have a "paddock bomb" section - my car could be the feature... I'd love to come as well but I don't think my car's up to standard. I'll definitely come to check it out though.

    Richard
    - Richard

    Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •