French Car Day SA October 12th National Motor Museum Birdwood
  • Register
  • Help

French Car Day SA October 12th National Motor Museum Birdwood

Club Automobile Francais' invites all French Car enthusiasts to participate in the bi-annual French Car Day at the National Motor Museum. The Museum is located in Birdwood South Australia, located in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, just 45 minutes from the Adelaide CBD.

Participants will start their journey from Pit straight of the Clipsal 500 race track (and F1), flagged away by Glen Dix, from the Adelaide Formula 1 Grand Prix era.

AS part of the event, you will also have the opportunity to visit the magnificent Museum and see the collection of motor vehicles and motor bikes, from all over the world, not to mention the 150 vehicles that are anticipated at the French Car Day 2003.

Club Automobile Francais' will open a display of three Club Cars in the Museum. The cars will be on display for three months.

Advertisement

On the Saturday night a dinner has been organised at Fellinis in North Adelaide at 8pm, $19 for 2 course entree and main.

For entry forms phone President of CAF Rod on 08 8297 8772 or email <a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">[email protected]</a>
    Cheers
    Rod

Fellow Frogger!
    well im going bringing the r12 an scenic just want to no juding are u doing separate models for sporting cars eg 12g alpines etc an u doing best of model or or decade info would be good thanks im from rccv in melb
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

There are five categories the Best Renault, the Best Peugeot, the best Citroen the best 'Other French' car, the most popular car.

On the day the cars will be displayed in decades similar to the Victorian French car day.

Pre 1950, 1951-1970, 1971- 1980, 1981-1990, 1991- to present day. Look forward to seeing you all there.
    Cheers
    Rod

Fellow Frogger!
    Rod is that awards foreach decade as in best 1970 s renault or just best renault overall.
    In my opion an i have asked a few others maybe you should have best 70 s renault citron etc. the reason being is that aalthough we like the show you do like to think you have chance of winnig a prize. And maybe have a sporting prize which we have had at prvious afcd you cannot have rob lees alpine up against my 12 so please think about this and take it onbaord the expense may be a little more but it makes people a lot happier and more willingto come to your shows and be invloved. Having ben on committes it isnt fair to most poeple that yopu can have a sporty car up againts a standard car
    And yes i will see u there thanks daniel sporting secretary of rccv.

Fellow Frogger!
    another thing also maybe an encouragement award also maybe something for the interstators so thanks from daniel.

Hi our philosphy is to keep it simple and just have one prize for each of the main marques. Our perspective is the fun is in the participation. The voting is a peoples choice and I guess people may consider the A110 as a the most popular car rather than the best Renault. I would consider a really nice Dauphine Gordini in some peoples eyes would be more appealling than a A110. The idea of a sporting prize has merit. Cheers see you all there.
    Cheers
    Rod

Fellow Frogger!
    I understand your philoshapy is too keep it simple howver it isnt complicated to have have awrds for each brand for each decade as how can people compare eg a 1771 renault 12 against a 2002 clio sport or there is too many differing factors invloved eg model recogntion and not even in the same class . yes have an overall best of each marque .but give people incentive to come to your show as it is only biannual not annual like our afcd . please consider this thankyou daniel

Daniel,
    Good to see that you are coming.
    The CAF is having a long term display set up inside the Birdwood Mill Museum (October 12 till January 2004) featuring a Facel Vega, a Peugeot 404 and my R8 Gordini. The major theme of the display is celebrating 40 years since the R8 won the inaugural Car of the Year award. We will have a few rare magazines, brochures and other documents 7 mementos featuring the R8 and the R8 Gordini.
    For the actual French Car Day, I'm not sure if I'll take the Alpine, so maybe the Fuego will get a bit of spit & polish.

See you there

Robert
    www.r8gordiniregister.com
    1971 Alpine A110 1600S
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Fellow Frogger!
    yes rob i will be there with my white 12 and my mums scenic. my girlfriend is also coming we are making a bbig trip of it are you going to the dinner?
    I will also bring pics of the g to show you progress a bit slow but hey it will be worth it .

Thread Information