QLD Grand Display **UPDATE**
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

QLD Grand Display **UPDATE**

I have tonight spoken with Gordon, the organiser of the Queensland Grand Display which is to be held on 13th July at the University of Queensland. It's all go for Aussiefrogs to be represented properly with advertising, tents (if we want), display materials etc.

Advertisement

Firstly, I am calling on anyone who can to come along and help make this day good for the Aussiefrogs membership and show-off their pride and joys. The show kicks off at 8am on the Sunday, however tents etc can be set up on the Saturday.

Secondly, I would like a good indication of numbers of cars attending so the organisers can set aside an area for us, but this can only happen if I am able to give an accurate figure.

Greenblood has already offered his help with advertising material and I am hoping anyone else can offer their assistance with a marquee or the like, or even a wireless internet connection so people can browse the forum on the day. AxGT, I understand you may have a bit of leverage in the IT department at UQ. Perhaps a length of CAT5 out into the arena to hook up a laptop?

I, like many others see this show as being a great opportunity to increase as the majority of people that attend have a genuine passion for French cars. It's also a great reason to have a get together and speak face-to-face with many members.

Below is a list of people attending which I will be updating.

Brad (Phasis) - 306 S16
    Gerry (gibgib) - Citroën Berlingo & Peugeot 405 STI
    Chris (greenblood)
    Julian (xsara) - Xsara VTR
    Alan (Alan S) - Citroen CX?
    Alan JR - Citroen BX 16V?
    Neil (neil416) No car
    Rich (Zen) 306 S16
    Ken (AxGT) AxGT
    Craig (R17G) Laguna
    Gemma (Gem) S16
    ?please tell us? (Reno17) Renault 17

<small>[ 29 June 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Phasis ]</small>
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Brad you legend dance

We will have 2 cars there on the day.

I have an inverter, laptop (very small screen though) & cable modems in the Berlingo however internet connection depends on cable being nearby. I'll check it out. But I doubt.

I get the feeling we would be on the perimeter across the access road. Do you think we'd need a tent? If we could stand up the aussiefrogs sign somehow or tie it to trees over there it could work. Suppose if we have IT onsite it would be good undercover.

This is a cool idea though Brad.

Excellent Brad,

How about we get together sometime before the big day and plan just what we can do.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

I work at a Data communications place. We manufacture Data leads, let me know the length of Cat5 or Cat5e that you require and the connection ( Rj 45 to Rj45 etc) i will be able to get it for you guys.

I wont commit myself if i can attend in the "rice mobile" yet, as it may be incomplete.

Still happy to help out regardless though.

I expect (hope) to be there on the proviso that #1 son has the series one BX 16V finished in which case we could have 2 cars there.
    There have been a couple of unforeseeable snags in the process of reassembly but if the new headbolts arrive today it should be all systems go as of next weekend.
    Retro-fitting the air/con from the series two is a Pandors box that just may throw up some nasty surprises though. cry

Alan S whistle
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

UFO
    Xsara:
    I work at a Data communications place. We manufacture Data leads, let me know the length of Cat5 or Cat5e that you require and the connection ( Rj 45 to Rj45 etc) i will be able to get it for you guys.

I wont commit myself if i can attend in the "rice mobile" yet, as it may be incomplete.

Still happy to help out regardless though.
    Julian

Something tells me that Gerry should know a fair bit about dataleads and have the resources to set one up... I'm sure he appreciates the offer though.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Sorry, but I'll be displaying in the CCCQ area, though unless I take the stickerless Prestige the aussiefrogs sticker will still be there.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

cry You cut me Bruce, you cut me real deep cry

UFO
    Just remember some of us have preordained alliegances. citroen_ tongue

All AFs are welcome to drop in on the Citroen crowd at the NSW FCD (13 July). a_drink
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts
    I'll try to be there on the day, depends if Pig 205 has got all its mods completed by then, you know how these things pan out...murphy's law and all!! It goes in tomorro for major changes..heres hoping!!

cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Zen
    Count me in! My work laptop is wireless which I'll bring along on the day. I've also got a USB wireless adaptor so if we want more than one wireless computer up and running, let me know. I'll lend a hand setting up on the Saturday if you need as well. I won't be showing the car off though, I've got a ding in the side and I haven't had time to put it into the shop. cry

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Thats great Zen. So we now have wireless internet, however where are we going to put the base station to get connected? Again, I need someone who knows the IT crew from UQ.

What rang is the wireless?

Re: your car, I was in an Audio competition in my old Alfa a while back. I covered the HUGE rust holes with banners and system diagram sheets. Perhaps you could do the same.

1000+ Posts
    Phasis:
    Thats great Zen. So we now have wireless internet, however where are we going to put the base station to get connected? Again, I need someone who knows the IT crew from UQ.
    Doesn't UQ have full-campus wireless coverage???

Many uni's in Sydney have had full-campus wireless for over 12 months, so I'm hoping for your sake that UQ does wink You'd have to go see their IT people and set up an account I'd imagine.

Another option is if someone gets a new GRPS compatible mobile.. you get unlimited free GRPS data with Telstra for the first month. You could hook that up to one laptop, and wirelessly share that connection (44kbps, a little slower than 56kbps modem) over the other computers. Another option, if someone wants a new '3' mobile, get one, as it is capped at $99/month for the first year. '3' mobiles have internet connections at up to 384kbps or slightly slower than your average ADSL (wow). Again, hook the phone up to one laptop, and wireless share the connection across the other machines.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing *lots* of new members that day?

Derek.

Ok, I have some info on wireless access at the uni.

<a href="http://studenthelp.itee.uq.edu.au/wireless/coverage/" target="_blank">http://studenthelp.itee.uq.edu.au/wireless/coverage/</a>

I will send them an email to see if the coverage will include the fore-court. All I have to do now is see if I can just use someones UQ internet account or whether we have to pay.

1000+ Posts
    Brad,

Good to hear they have wireless. Not quite as good a coverage as my uni (which is 1.5km x 1km) <a href="http://www.uniwide.unsw.edu.au/coverage.htm" target="_blank">http://www.uniwide.unsw.edu.au/coverage.htm</a>

If you could get in there early to check signal strength I guess that'd be a bonus (you wouldn't need an account to do this I shouldn't expect) but if worst came to worst you could use someone's Wireless Access Point as a sort of a repeater station. This was how I discovered my neighbours had an unsecured network

Good luck with it!
    Derek

Brad, i should be there. That ITEE page only details the wireless coverage within one of the 2 of the buildings on the other side of the uni. The people you would need to speak to would be ITS, which you can reach on 33656000 during business hours. Im only a lowly helpdesk pleb, so i wouldnt know who to talk to, but i am sure if you get onto the general enquiries line, they'll be able to tell you what you can and can't do.

AFAIK, we dont have campus wide wireless yet, so cat 5 would be the go.
    Cheers
    Ken

I'll be there too in the Laguna, or maybe the Gordini (wishful thinking I think!). Though I will probably be in the RCCQ area.
    Craig
    A Gordini is still a GORDINI!!!

same ere
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Gem
    I would like to come. My car is not show material, so it will be safely parked away, (due to the fact the previous owners had problems parking it ).
    ~ gemma ~
    '95 306 S16
    [MYS16]

Azide tastes nice on my cereal.

Brad

I have the pit bay from Karting you can use for a tent if you want. (It's only a pop-up shade, but it sounds better as a pit bay)LOL

Give me a ring 0409011251.

Neil dance cheers!

<small>[ 25 June 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: neil 416 ]</small>
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

Gem:
    I would like to come. My car is not show material, so it will be safely parked away, (due to the fact the previous owners had problems parking it ).
    It doesnt really matter, just spend a bit of time on it....or get Mike to and bring it along. Trust me, there are alot of cars there that don't suit "show'n'shine' days but are perfect fot a French Car Show.

yeah form what i have gathered at the few french shows i have been in, it doesn't really matter what condition your car is in... it's more the fact of showing your support and liking for french cars....

btw, i am trying desperatly to have my car there for this!

Xsara:

btw, i am trying desperatly to have my car there for this!
    Hope you can make it Xsara, your car created quite a bit of interest up at Maleny looking forward to seeing what you've been up to (you've been quite secretive).

Gem, the event is more social than a competition, you'll see cars from all eras in varying conditions, fanatics and enthuesiasts, rust buckets and imaculate restorations. Just a good chance to meet up with like minded people and have some fun. We'd be proud to have your car parked with the AF crew

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

1000+ Posts
    Can I come? wink

Derek

DeKa:
    Can I come? wink

Derek
    Spreading yourself a bit thin there Deka, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and talk of you in W.A. but hey your more than welcome approve

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information