Melbourne cruise date (this is final...)
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Melbourne cruise date (this is final...)

Please select all the dates that you would be happy with. In a week's time, the date with the most votes will be the date of our cruise!

Advertisement
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Administrator
    I think the poll has the yips, I looked at the results and 3 dates have 100%????

Administrator
    delete reference to the above.....I have the yips and didn't read the bloody instructions mallet

1000+ Posts
    oooOoooo I can doo all of those.

Tempting

Derek approve

nJm
    It would be nice to see your XSi wink
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I tell you what Derek.

We'll schedule the cruise in so you have just enough time to make it to the WA cruise

I know the 206GTi.net crew have ADL cruises too

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Oh my oh my
    If I come down can I stay with someone? My family thought I was insane last time......

Derek

I've taken the liberty to look up for events that you can use as excuses to come down to Melbourne.

On the first weekend, we have the Paphiopedilum Festival and the Winter Show (noone does a better winter than we do!).

On the second weekend, there's the Melbourne Miniatures and Dolls House Fair and Exhibition

Maybe they don't sound as convincing as the Airshow, but hey, things do happen down here

<a href="http://www.visitmelbourne.com" target="_blank">Visit Melbourne!</a>

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

On the first weekend, we have the Paphiopedilum Festival and the Winter Show (noone does a better winter than we do!).

On the second weekend, there's the Melbourne Miniatures and Dolls House Fair and Exhibition
    Justifying why Melbourne isnt just the sporting capital of Aus..sorry THE WORLD dance

1000+ Posts
    Wow Justin, why, I'm astounded by your efforts :p

Interestingly enough, I'm not particularly interested in inanimate forms like orchids or dolls.

Something more along the line of pubs would be great, given it didn't work out last time. Nick did seem keen to go to some particular pub last time I was down?

Derek.

You want to go to pubs!?! I'm sure we've got plenty of funny brews left for you to try, although I have to say, Germany takes the cake for weird and wonderful beers! Our beers here are too civil and boring

Gee, I thought we were gonna have a swarm of people coming down that weekend for the good ol Paphiopedilum festival

Maybe you can tell your parents you're here to sell lucerne mulch wink Can't tell them you're here to drink beer

Anyway, it looks like the Sundays have it. Should we start discussing a route this time? What's the probability that we get a Citroen this time? We're yet to have one.

BTW, purrr-geot, who's the sporting capital then wink Didn't you listen to Bracksy, Victoria's the place to be

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    If you really want a Cit, I'll bring the C3. It'll save me $ - it uses half the fuel! Well, not quite... but 5L/100km on the highway as opposed to 8.5L/100 in the 306

If I do come down, it would just be a short trip again... work and other things will be keeping me busy.

Sunday would be good I guess - head down Friday, that gives us Saturday to recover cheers! and drive Sunday

(edit) Derek a_drink

<small>[ 16 June 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

DeKa:
    Sunday would be good I guess - head down Friday, that gives us Saturday to recover cheers! and drive Sunday

Derel
    Derel? Already started on the drink, eh wink The Friday, Saturday, Sunday plan sounds good, just remember the 8 hours from bottle to throttle though

I think people want to see the 306 It'll probably be more fun anyway. I'm finally seeing some C3s on the road down in Melbourne.

We need one of those "real" Citroens that go up and down at the flick of a switch. As long as they don't break down, I'm sure they'll be really popular

I've invited a few of my fellow 307 list drivers for the drive, so we may have a few more. Might even get a diesel eek! It's been a long time since we had a fun drive and I can't wait!

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Derek,

If you are serious about needing a place to stay in Melb, my parents will be in Rockhampton at the time. So there will be plenty of room at our house, should you so desire.

Regards,

Tim.
    Tim

2013 BMW 320i Touring M-Sport xDrive (Estoril Blue)

I'll add two more votes from the 307 list.

Looks like things have changed, so we have two people voting for all days (being available), however the Sundays are preferred.

The evidence is <a href="http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/peugeot-307/messages" target="_blank">here</a>.

The email outlining the change of preference is sitting in my inbox

Cheers,

Justin

[edit: edited vote based on new information]

<small>[ 19 June 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Pug307 ]</small>

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

rek
    Pug307:
    The evidence is <a href="http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/peugeot-307/messages" target="_blank">here</a>.
    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:<hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">&gt; just hope that there are no breakdowns or we'll be the laughing stock
    &gt; of the 206 owners...

Don't worry, we won't. That's what the Citroens are there for </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">roll_lau
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Hehehe, those elusive Citroens, but I think there was one person with a Cit that said he was going to come...

So far Sunday 6th looks like it might be the date, with 12 people (which includes Justin's two 307-list guys) happy with that date. Sunday 13th has 11 people, again with Justin's two extra guys.

Peujohn, are you sure you can't make it on the 6th? It would be very disappointing if you missed the cruise, seeing that you were the person who got the ball rolling at the start.

We'll see how things go on the final day of the poll anyway.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar
    Peujohn, are you sure you can't make it on the 6th? It would be very disappointing if you missed the cruise, seeing that you were the person who got the ball rolling at the start.
    'Fraid not... maybe next time. Perhaps I'll go on my own private cruise!

John
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Well, it looks like the 6th it is.

So note it down in your diaries -

Melbourne Aussiefrogs Cruise
    Sunday 6th July

Please refer to the other thread for discussions of the route. It looks like a BBQ at Eildon is the go, hopefully we'll have some fine weather for it.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    Where are we meeting and when?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

1000+ Posts
    Wowee. Looking at the diary...
    Well there's absolutely no reason why I can't come, except the fact that it's a hell of a long way.

Should we start a poll to see if I should go?

Tim, if I do come, I might take you up on your offer thankyou

Derek

Keep up to date with the forecast.

<a href="http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt" target="_blank">Melbourne Four Day Forecast</a>

Should we start bets to see if we actually have a local Citroen turn up wink I think we'll be getting our first diesel.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

nJm
    DeKa:
    Wowee. Looking at the diary...
    Well there's absolutely no reason why I can't come, except the fact that it's a hell of a long way.

Should we start a poll to see if I should go?

Tim, if I do come, I might take you up on your offer thankyou

Derek
    Well if you do come, I'm hoping to spend the cruise in your 306
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

1000+ Posts
    No worries - you didn't get to go for a ride in the old one so might as well try this one

I'll have to see how much work I'll be doing in the next week or two. No matter how easy I am on the throttle on the highway, I'm still going to burn at least 240 litres of fuel to come down and back and go driving with you all.

The other thing is there's a flying weekend on at Temora that weekend. Are you sure you all don't want a *nice* long drive to Temora to the airshow? <a href="http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au" target="_blank">http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au</a>

<a href="http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/temora/visit_us/how_to_get_there.htm" target="_blank">How to get to Temora</a>

Derek

1000+ Posts
    Good Lord!

Hey, Derek, I believe there is a froggy cruise in a week or two in Outer Mongolia.........

Hope you can make it,

Tim.
    Tim

2013 BMW 320i Touring M-Sport xDrive (Estoril Blue)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information