27/28 November Melbourne Drive weekend
  • Register
  • Help
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Default 27/28 November Melbourne Drive weekend

Hey guys, A few like minded people and myself are organising to go on a drive on the weekend of the 27/28 November. Not necessarily a Frog drive, but the more the better. (Well, I know of 2 Pugs..possibly 3 going already).

On Saturday afternoon we head down to Apollo Bay along one of the world's most scenic and most excellent roads- the aptly named Great Ocean Road. A few people (but not me) will pitch tents at the Marengo Caravan Park (or you can book hotel or motel accomodation in town if you are more refined) and have dinner and a few (too many) drinks at one of the very nice bistros in town.

Sunday after breakfast we will head back again, missing the worst of the traffic and getting home for lunch.

Less than 24 hours out of your valuable weekend, but I guarantee that it will be the bit that you remember.

MEET at the Shell service station at the Point Cook Road exit from the Westgate Freeway at 4pm Saturday 27th November. Depart by 4.30 sharp. Hopefully traffic by that time will have thinned out.

Advertisement

BRING a car you enjoy driving, whoever you want and a tent if you're camping. Feel free to invite any friends who will be driving their cars, too.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

*BUMP!*

Oh for goodness sakes guys, come on, at least someone HAS to be interested?? Even if you only come down Saturday and go back to Melbourne later that night.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

i would but uni exams are soon and my car needs attention

hopefully you pull some more interest as it sounds really good.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

Icon3 It won't be that scary ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    *BUMP!*

Oh for goodness sakes guys, come on, at least someone HAS to be interested?? Even if you only come down Saturday and go back to Melbourne later that night.

Hi All,

If one of the reasons people aren't that keen is $$ Stone Free - being my b/f - will def be getting a motel room, as we are adverse to camping so the offer is there for anyone to bunk in with us (on the fold out sofa/floor of course ) so that should get $$ down for you .......

Anyway the last one we went on (organised by the same friends of mine) was truly brilliant & I just think it would be so ace to have an awesome Vic Pug contingent - & other Frenchies of course!!!!

OK well that's my two bobs worth - hope it shakes some of you up to give it more thought

Cheers, Rach

Guys, we have got a couple of Porches, a Bora V6 4WD, a WRX, a Supra, an SS Commodore, a GTP Falcon to name a few. Only 2 Pugs!!! Come on Frenchies, let's get our sh1t together!

yeah i'd be interested in coming, but only for 1 of the days. i'll let you know more later.

84 505 GTi - Sold to a friend... written off 3 months later

Quote Originally Posted by petermc505
    yeah i'd be interested in coming, but only for 1 of the days. i'll let you know more later.
    No dramas Peter. Last time we went on one of these the guys were very accommodating in letting us drive their cars. I'm chomping at the bit to have a go in a couple of them let me tell you!

I will be there. The petrol station you're using as the starting point is about 2 km from my house. I will not be camping however.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    I will be there. The petrol station you're using as the starting point is about 2 km from my house. I will not be camping however.

Andrew
    Very ace indeed! What car should we be looking out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Very ace indeed! What car should we be looking out for?
    A dark metallic blue 2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique.

I'm bringing my friend Margaret, and we're staying at a nice B&B as camping is not my style, even in good weather.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Cool! Looking forward to it Andrew. Should be a good drive. I'm to get a go in one of the more "exotic" vehicles.

nJm

I wish I could but I'm quite busy that weekend. Naturally if I could come I'd have to ask myself if I should represent the Peugeots by driving the 505, or should I rock up in an E46 M3 with SMG?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

There is an M3 coming by my understanding, but not sure which model.

Anyway folks, looking like great weather this weekend. Think of me down there enjoying the sun and being able to open up the 6 a bit

Thanks to everyone who came - I had a great time. I am sorry I couldn't hang around for the photo shoot, but I was seriously late for an afternoon family event.

The drive back was great, except for one P plater knob head who not only offended the people he was tailgating, but honked us and used fingers in a not polite fashion when we did the right thing and pulled into a slow vehicle pull in to let people past.

Hopefully, he's just a temporary Australian.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

NO worries Andrew, thanks for coming along.

we went down to the Otway Fly after taking pix of the M3, which should look mint I reckon.

Came back to Melbourne the back way which was an awesome drive...no traffic, just clear road and 162 horses.

Thread Information