Perth French Car Day - poster re event
  • Register
  • Help

Default Perth French Car Day - poster re event

All in WA!

It is indeed on, as you'd mostly know!

Poster is attached.

We're just about organised but might well appreciate some help on the day as we'll need a few people with vests on at all times to guide new arrivals into the appropriate marque areas. The idea isn't to be dictatorial about times so people can come and go if they wish - better to have a car for part of the day than not at all!

Find us on the day, it won't be hard, if you can donate a bit of time if we find we need it.

Cheers

JohnW

Advertisement
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    All in WA!

It is indeed on, as you'd mostly know!

Poster is attached.

We're just about organised but might well appreciate some help on the day as we'll need a few people with vests on at all times to guide new arrivals into the appropriate marque areas. The idea isn't to be dictatorial about times so people can come and go if they wish - better to have a car for part of the day than not at all!

Find us on the day, it won't be hard, if you can donate a bit of time if we find we need it.

Cheers

JohnW
    Re the notice on top of this area, that 8 am start isn't compulsory! We'd rather see you later than not at all, if 8-ish is too early. We'd like to have plenty of cars in place by 9-9.30.

Cheers

JohnW

XTC

HANDS UP any WA AF'ers who are coming along to display cars ... the Banner is here and the new flyers ready.

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    HANDS UP any WA AF'ers who are coming along to display cars ... the Banner is here and the new flyers ready.
    Yep, I'll be there.

Troy.

Another great day, I have posted some pics here but would love to see anyone elses pics from the day!

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...652#post147652
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Another great day, I have posted some pics here but would love to see anyone elses pics from the day!
    Some will get on PCCWA as soon as I can. .. AF was there.

- XTC -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Perth French Car Day - poster re event-af-wa.jpg  
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

More French Car Day Pics here.

French Car Day 04' pics!

Troy.

Default French Car Day story

An email to some friends which I thought a few others might enjoy.

Spot the yellow 505 Pug (IMG 19 and IMG 20). There's a story here. The occasion was the Perth French Car Day, last Sunday. A car show for amateurs. I was awarded the "Best Modified Peugeot" award (a Peugeot key ring, no less, for this illustrious victory), in which battle I have reason to believe I was the only competitor. I started the engine for some of the spectators, who were suitably impressed by the unique and spine-tingling engine note of my odd-fire V6, but were possibly less impressed by the loud "crack" which emanated from the engine bay as the motor spun up to 5 or 6 thousand revs. Nobody said anything, but who knows? I managed to drive some several hundred yards from the car show before my nerve gave, and I pulled over. The vibration from the engine was too risky. I waited for the RAC and the car was ignominiously transported back to my home on the back of a tilt-lift truck. It looked good, but...

Helen thinks I should return the key-ring, but I scotched that by attaching it to her own Peugeot keys.

All I could think whilst awaiting the RAC was "Please hurry, before the car show spectators begin to pass by and see this!"

I'll attach the blurb I pinned to the car for the day. Oh, btw, it was nothing more significant than a broken water pump. I had used a second-hand one. Took me five hours to replace on Monday night!!!

Cheers!
    JFL.

PS The Word doc is too big to attach to the forum. If anybody really wants to read about the car project email me and I'll send it directly.

Thread Information