Perth French Car Day - First Notice
  • Register
  • Help

Default Perth French Car Day - First Notice

FIRST NOTICE FOR 2004 FRENCH CAR DAY - PERTH - 10 OCTOBER 2004

This is the first notice to alert everyone that the 2004 French Car Day is being held at Stirling Square, Guildford, on Sunday, 10th October.

Initial planning: Arrive if possible 8 am to 10 am.

Public admitted 10 am to 3 pm

Advertisement

That's it really! All French cars welcome, and if you can't stay the whole day, come for part of it. Our aim is to show off a wide range of French cars to the public (and to ourselves!).

The event is being organised this year by SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) some of whose members are "French Car People" and who are in good contact with the other French car clubs and people in WA.

All being well, there'll be a second notice nearer the time.

You can email me (JohnW) with questions etc. However, I'll be slow replying for three weeks. Then we'll have a rush I hope.

See you there....

JohnW

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    It's in the Calendar too ... so will we see a contingent in 2004 ?

- XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    It's in the Calendar too ... so will we see a contingent in 2004 ?

- XTC -
    Excellent. Glad you've seen the posting so quickly.

Well, in response to your question, in spirit the entire event is an "aussiefrogs" event in that it is for all lovers of French cars to display for each other and for the public. We organise by make of car not affiliation - better in our judgement for the viewers as it is much less chaotic.

I guess there'd be a few Aussiefrogs stickers around (my Xantia has one, although it may not be there). Perhaps a sign or something to inform people that there is a terrifically good web forum would be nice and if some of us wore our shirts we even get to meet!!!

Cheers

JohnW

XTC

I have some AF stickers (probably 20 each of inside and outside ones), but only really want to give them out if people are going to put them on their car. I also have an AF shirt and artwork for AF flyers ? (3 different versions now). Do you want the AF banner? - where is the AF banner? still in Europe ??

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

I have some AF stickers (probably 20 each of inside and outside ones), but only really want to give them out if people are going to put them on their car. I also have an AF shirt and artwork for AF flyers ? (3 different versions now). Do you want the AF banner? - where is the AF banner? still in Europe ??

- XTC -
    I have a few stickers too - must find them as I think they're in my Xantia somewhere. The banner sounds good.

I'm away until late September so perhaps email me privately through Aussiefrogs not long before the first weekend in October and we can sort details out.

Cheers (and thanks)

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW

The event is being organised this year by SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) some of whose members are "French Car People" and who are in good contact with the other French car clubs and people in WA.
    So this event is organised completely by them?

Are you & other aussiefroggers attending "their" event in that case?

Reason for asking... do you want me to bung this event to the top of this forum if the answer is yes to both the above?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    So this event is organised completely by them?
    Are you & other aussiefroggers attending "their" event in that case?
    Reason for asking... do you want me to bung this event to the top of this forum if the answer is yes to both the above?
    Because there is no Renault club (folded quite a while ago) SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) is where many of the Renaults went. The other WA French car clubs are the PCCWA (Peugeot Car Club WA) who organised FCD 2003 and ACE (Association of Citroen Enthusiasts).

I suppose most of us (AF'ers) will be there with their respective club, but any other promotional assistance available will be appreciated (eg "sticky"). I'm sure there is many WA AF'ers who are not members of a club, but we'd love to see them just the same.

In otherwords it's not an AF event, has nothing to do with AF and SIVA should* have their own public liability insurance.

* I know PCCWA did in 2003.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Because there is no Renault club (folded quite a while ago) SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) is where many of the Renaults went. The other WA French car clubs are the PCCWA (Peugeot Car Club WA) who organised FCD 2003 and ACE (Association of Citroen Enthusiasts).

I suppose most of us (AF'ers) will be there with their respective club, but any other promotional assistance available will be appreciated (eg "sticky"). I'm sure there is many WA AF'ers who are not members of a club, but we'd love to see them just the same.

In otherwords it's not an AF event, has nothing to do with AF and SIVA should* have their own public liability insurance.

* I know PCCWA did in 2003.

- XTC -
    GibGib and XTC,

That's more or less right. Over the last few years, the French Car Day organisation has been rotated between the few clubs in Perth with French car affiliations. It has been an event for at least 15 years (my first was 1989, when house-hunting whilst moving from Adelaide).

Last year ACE organised it, if I remember correctly, and I was away (almost as usual!!!). This year is SIVA's turn, by general agreement, so we are doing it. Insurance is under control I understand.

SIVA is a lovely group for all the "orphans" and, as XTC says, there hasn't been a Renault club here for years and years. SIVA is big enough to authorise concessional registration for classic/vintage cars, as are the other two mentioned above. We have everything from NSU motorbikes to Reliant Robins, Skodas, Mazda rotaries, Renaults, Messerschmidts, NSUs etc etc. Deliciously "Interesting". There is a Trojan bubble car and, soon to be seen again, a Hino Contessa, so we are a diverse church!!!

Anyway, a few of us have been French car people for a while (since 1966 in my case, very sad...) and we are happy to organise this event this year. All being well we'll have a Facel Vega and a Bugatti on the day to tempt people further.

What I should stress, very clearly, is that this is an event for French cars, not divided into individual clubs strictly. We have a few Simcas in Perth, with no club. There may be an Amilcar along all being well, and, who knows, even a Delage. We'll see. There'll be Citroens who don't belong to ACE, Peugeots who don't belong to the Peugeot Car Club of WA and, we hope, Renaults outside the SIVA group.

It's a great opportunity for all of us to meet, show our cars, with no snobbish attitudes about condition but lots of enthusiasm. An Aussiefrogs banner somewhere would add character and provide a meeting point for a few of us who haven't met. (Simon, from Adelaide was here a couple of years ago, and it was great to meet him, as an example.)

Does that clarify things? Hope to see many people on the 10th.

JohnW

I look forward to being there in the Xsara, catching up with those I have met before and meeting some more fellow froggers.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I look forward to being there in the Xsara, catching up with those I have met before and meeting some more fellow froggers.

Troy.
    Good on you Troy. Be nice to meet you.

Cheers

JohnW

Thank you for clarifying.

I will put the event up top tonight

XTC

Ta .. appreciated.

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Hi John, would you like me to put a few little ads under Renault, Peugeot & Citroen in the Quokka for the next few weeks to generate some more interest? If so let me know what info you would like in the ads, feel free to PM me. I can do them at no charge just to help out. It should be goold with a few exotic Frenchies there! I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

XTC

Hasn't moved yet ?

- xtc -

[edit] WHo's red faced NOW .. It's ABOVE the lot ... didn't see it.
    Last edited by XTC206; 16th September 2004 at 11:09 AM.

Now this is a .sig

XTC

Just in time for French Car Day WA, the PCCWA has new club shirts available, for ordering details and prices please see the clubs website.

- XTC -

PS: Remember to order them the week before to ensure completion. mmmm .. so what shall I wear the "AussieFrogs" shirt? or the "PCCWA" ??

Now this is a .sig

XTC

Default Dealers ??

Do we know if any of the dealers are rocking up, when I spoke to some Allpikes guys they didn't know anything about it ???

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Hi John, would you like me to put a few little ads under Renault, Peugeot & Citroen in the Quokka for the next few weeks to generate some more interest? If so let me know what info you would like in the ads, feel free to PM me. I can do them at no charge just to help out. It should be goold with a few exotic Frenchies there! I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    Sorry to miss this offer - I've been in Mauritania!!!

Yes please but it's possibly too late!

I have a small poster, about to be posted here.

Cheers

JohnW

Do we know if any of the dealers are rocking up, when I spoke to some Allpikes guys they didn't know anything about it ???

- XTC -
    Yes they are. Allpikes are providing cars and we are providing drivers to help get them to the venue.

Notice about the event is to be posted under new thread.

I've been away or I'd have replied to you sooner.

Cheers

JohnW

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    Bring it along with a big "4 Sale" sticker on it .. that or "free to a good home"

- XTC -

Now this is a .sig

Bring it along with a big "4 Sale" sticker on it .. that or "free to a good home"

- XTC -
    It's finally been sold. Gone east!

Xsara 1999 1.8i 16V manual (WA) 4 Sale

Troy.

Fellow Frogger!

Default French Car Day

The Citroen, Peugeot and SIVA rotate the organising of the French Car Day.

Guy be nice to see the Gti register out in force. I will bring the GTI this year and be great to put on a good show of them.

Graeme.

Just in time for French Car Day WA, the PCCWA has new club shirts available, for ordering details and prices please see the clubs website.

- XTC -

PS: Remember to order them the week before to ensure completion. mmmm .. so what shall I wear the "AussieFrogs" shirt? or the "PCCWA" ??
    What a problem!!! I saw the new PCCWA shirts yesterday - very suave, I thought. But the Aussiefrogs shirt is more spectacular!

I have a similar problem - my quiet R16 shirt from the European group meeting or Aussiefrogs....

JohnW

Thread Information