Perth French Car Day - First Notice
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default Perth French Car Day - First Notice

    FIRST NOTICE FOR 2004 FRENCH CAR DAY - PERTH - 10 OCTOBER 2004

    This is the first notice to alert everyone that the 2004 French Car Day is being held at Stirling Square, Guildford, on Sunday, 10th October.

    Initial planning: Arrive if possible 8 am to 10 am.

    Public admitted 10 am to 3 pm

    Advertisement


    That's it really! All French cars welcome, and if you can't stay the whole day, come for part of it. Our aim is to show off a wide range of French cars to the public (and to ourselves!).

    The event is being organised this year by SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) some of whose members are "French Car People" and who are in good contact with the other French car clubs and people in WA.

    All being well, there'll be a second notice nearer the time.

    You can email me (JohnW) with questions etc. However, I'll be slow replying for three weeks. Then we'll have a rush I hope.

    See you there....

    JohnW

  2. #2
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    FIRST NOTICE FOR 2004 FRENCH CAR DAY - PERTH - 10 OCTOBER 2004
    It's in the Calendar too ... so will we see a contingent in 2004 ?

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  3. #3
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    It's in the Calendar too ... so will we see a contingent in 2004 ?

    - XTC -
    Excellent. Glad you've seen the posting so quickly.

    Well, in response to your question, in spirit the entire event is an "aussiefrogs" event in that it is for all lovers of French cars to display for each other and for the public. We organise by make of car not affiliation - better in our judgement for the viewers as it is much less chaotic.

    I guess there'd be a few Aussiefrogs stickers around (my Xantia has one, although it may not be there). Perhaps a sign or something to inform people that there is a terrifically good web forum would be nice and if some of us wore our shirts we even get to meet!!!

    Cheers

    JohnW

  4. #4
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    I have some AF stickers (probably 20 each of inside and outside ones), but only really want to give them out if people are going to put them on their car. I also have an AF shirt and artwork for AF flyers ? (3 different versions now). Do you want the AF banner? - where is the AF banner? still in Europe ??

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  5. #5
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    I have some AF stickers (probably 20 each of inside and outside ones), but only really want to give them out if people are going to put them on their car. I also have an AF shirt and artwork for AF flyers ? (3 different versions now). Do you want the AF banner? - where is the AF banner? still in Europe ??

    - XTC -
    I have a few stickers too - must find them as I think they're in my Xantia somewhere. The banner sounds good.

    I'm away until late September so perhaps email me privately through Aussiefrogs not long before the first weekend in October and we can sort details out.

    Cheers (and thanks)

    JohnW

  6. #6
    Local Tyrant gibgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    FIRST NOTICE FOR 2004 FRENCH CAR DAY - PERTH - 10 OCTOBER 2004

    The event is being organised this year by SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) some of whose members are "French Car People" and who are in good contact with the other French car clubs and people in WA.
    So this event is organised completely by them?

    Are you & other aussiefroggers attending "their" event in that case?

    Reason for asking... do you want me to bung this event to the top of this forum if the answer is yes to both the above?

  7. #7
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    So this event is organised completely by them?
    Are you & other aussiefroggers attending "their" event in that case?
    Reason for asking... do you want me to bung this event to the top of this forum if the answer is yes to both the above?
    Because there is no Renault club (folded quite a while ago) SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) is where many of the Renaults went. The other WA French car clubs are the PCCWA (Peugeot Car Club WA) who organised FCD 2003 and ACE (Association of Citroen Enthusiasts).

    I suppose most of us (AF'ers) will be there with their respective club, but any other promotional assistance available will be appreciated (eg "sticky"). I'm sure there is many WA AF'ers who are not members of a club, but we'd love to see them just the same.

    In otherwords it's not an AF event, has nothing to do with AF and SIVA should* have their own public liability insurance.

    * I know PCCWA did in 2003.

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  8. #8
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Because there is no Renault club (folded quite a while ago) SIVA (Special Interest Vehicle Association) is where many of the Renaults went. The other WA French car clubs are the PCCWA (Peugeot Car Club WA) who organised FCD 2003 and ACE (Association of Citroen Enthusiasts).

    I suppose most of us (AF'ers) will be there with their respective club, but any other promotional assistance available will be appreciated (eg "sticky"). I'm sure there is many WA AF'ers who are not members of a club, but we'd love to see them just the same.

    In otherwords it's not an AF event, has nothing to do with AF and SIVA should* have their own public liability insurance.

    * I know PCCWA did in 2003.

    - XTC -
    GibGib and XTC,

    That's more or less right. Over the last few years, the French Car Day organisation has been rotated between the few clubs in Perth with French car affiliations. It has been an event for at least 15 years (my first was 1989, when house-hunting whilst moving from Adelaide).

    Last year ACE organised it, if I remember correctly, and I was away (almost as usual!!!). This year is SIVA's turn, by general agreement, so we are doing it. Insurance is under control I understand.

    SIVA is a lovely group for all the "orphans" and, as XTC says, there hasn't been a Renault club here for years and years. SIVA is big enough to authorise concessional registration for classic/vintage cars, as are the other two mentioned above. We have everything from NSU motorbikes to Reliant Robins, Skodas, Mazda rotaries, Renaults, Messerschmidts, NSUs etc etc. Deliciously "Interesting". There is a Trojan bubble car and, soon to be seen again, a Hino Contessa, so we are a diverse church!!!

    Anyway, a few of us have been French car people for a while (since 1966 in my case, very sad...) and we are happy to organise this event this year. All being well we'll have a Facel Vega and a Bugatti on the day to tempt people further.

    What I should stress, very clearly, is that this is an event for French cars, not divided into individual clubs strictly. We have a few Simcas in Perth, with no club. There may be an Amilcar along all being well, and, who knows, even a Delage. We'll see. There'll be Citroens who don't belong to ACE, Peugeots who don't belong to the Peugeot Car Club of WA and, we hope, Renaults outside the SIVA group.

    It's a great opportunity for all of us to meet, show our cars, with no snobbish attitudes about condition but lots of enthusiasm. An Aussiefrogs banner somewhere would add character and provide a meeting point for a few of us who haven't met. (Simon, from Adelaide was here a couple of years ago, and it was great to meet him, as an example.)

    Does that clarify things? Hope to see many people on the 10th.

    JohnW

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    I look forward to being there in the Xsara, catching up with those I have met before and meeting some more fellow froggers.

    Troy.

  10. #10
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I look forward to being there in the Xsara, catching up with those I have met before and meeting some more fellow froggers.

    Troy.
    Good on you Troy. Be nice to meet you.

    Cheers

    JohnW

  11. #11
    Local Tyrant gibgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Queensland
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Thank you for clarifying.

    I will put the event up top tonight

  12. #12
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I will put the event up top tonight
    Ta .. appreciated.

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts zykyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Hi John, would you like me to put a few little ads under Renault, Peugeot & Citroen in the Quokka for the next few weeks to generate some more interest? If so let me know what info you would like in the ads, feel free to PM me. I can do them at no charge just to help out. It should be goold with a few exotic Frenchies there! I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12


    In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

  14. #14
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I will put the event up top tonight
    Hasn't moved yet ?

    - xtc -

    [edit] WHo's red faced NOW .. It's ABOVE the lot ... didn't see it.
    Last edited by XTC206; 16th September 2004 at 11:09 AM.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  15. #15
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Just in time for French Car Day WA, the PCCWA has new club shirts available, for ordering details and prices please see the clubs website.

    - XTC -

    PS: Remember to order them the week before to ensure completion. mmmm .. so what shall I wear the "AussieFrogs" shirt? or the "PCCWA" ??
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  16. #16
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Dealers ??

    Do we know if any of the dealers are rocking up, when I spoke to some Allpikes guys they didn't know anything about it ???

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  17. #17
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Hi John, would you like me to put a few little ads under Renault, Peugeot & Citroen in the Quokka for the next few weeks to generate some more interest? If so let me know what info you would like in the ads, feel free to PM me. I can do them at no charge just to help out. It should be goold with a few exotic Frenchies there! I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    Sorry to miss this offer - I've been in Mauritania!!!

    Yes please but it's possibly too late!

    I have a small poster, about to be posted here.

    Cheers

    JohnW

  18. #18
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Do we know if any of the dealers are rocking up, when I spoke to some Allpikes guys they didn't know anything about it ???

    - XTC -
    Yes they are. Allpikes are providing cars and we are providing drivers to help get them to the venue.

    Notice about the event is to be posted under new thread.

    I've been away or I'd have replied to you sooner.

    Cheers

    JohnW

  19. #19
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    I will be bringing 5 along this year unless I sell the bloody Xsara!! Cheers
    Bring it along with a big "4 Sale" sticker on it .. that or "free to a good home"

    - XTC -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Bring it along with a big "4 Sale" sticker on it .. that or "free to a good home"

    - XTC -
    It's finally been sold. Gone east!

    Xsara 1999 1.8i 16V manual (WA) 4 Sale

    Troy.

  21. #21
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    921

    Default French Car Day

    The Citroen, Peugeot and SIVA rotate the organising of the French Car Day.

    Guy be nice to see the Gti register out in force. I will bring the GTI this year and be great to put on a good show of them.

    Graeme.

  22. #22
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Just in time for French Car Day WA, the PCCWA has new club shirts available, for ordering details and prices please see the clubs website.

    - XTC -

    PS: Remember to order them the week before to ensure completion. mmmm .. so what shall I wear the "AussieFrogs" shirt? or the "PCCWA" ??
    What a problem!!! I saw the new PCCWA shirts yesterday - very suave, I thought. But the Aussiefrogs shirt is more spectacular!

    I have a similar problem - my quiet R16 shirt from the European group meeting or Aussiefrogs....

    JohnW

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •