Central West (NSW) meetup
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Default Central West (NSW) meetup

As there is a few AF's that live west of the Blue Mountains (yes it does exist you city slickers), I was wondering about an AF meet up.

What I'm thinking about is just a BBQ lunch, chat and a look at each others cars. It doesnt have to be in Bathurst, just somewhere central and close enough for people to travel to from Sydney and Canberra if they're interested.

At the moment I'm just seeing if people are interested before I look at organising anything, but I'm thinking around the end of September once the weather gets a bit warmer.

Andrew

Advertisement
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2 pugs
    As there is a few AF's that live west of the Blue Mountains (yes it does exist you city slickers), I was wondering about an AF meet up.

What I'm thinking about is just a BBQ lunch, chat and a look at each others cars. It doesnt have to be in Bathurst, just somewhere central and close enough for people to travel to from Sydney and Canberra if they're interested.

At the moment I'm just seeing if people are interested before I look at organising anything, but I'm thinking around the end of September once the weather gets a bit warmer.

Andrew

sounds good to me

i should have the NEW engine run in in the 604 by then
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Would Lithgow work?

1000+ Posts

How are we going with this? Hopefully we can get it well organised and have a decent turnout

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    How are we going with this? Hopefully we can get it well organised and have a decent turnout

Derek

not a lot of interest yet it seems

i'm still in the middle of getting bits sorted out for the 604 engine and then ordering parts in for the rebuild

i pretty much have everything now bar some new parts and a little head tweaking then the fun of pulling one out and putting another in along with a better tranny and maybe the taller diff i have here as well
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Would Lithgow work?
    Lithgow would be ok, maybe even Lake Wallace at Wallerwang wouldn't be a bad spot. Wallerwang is only about 15 - 20 km's this side of Lithgow.

Next time I'm heading down that way I'll stop there and have a look.

If you guy's are interested let me know and I'll find a spot.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

FWIW, all going well; goats kidding, no dramas with the family, cars all going OK etc, I'm hoping to be in Gunnedah in September sometime which is about a 10 hour drive from my place so I don't know that I'd be up for another 6 hours each way trip when I'm there but it'd be great to meet up with a few of you characters.
    Anyone interested in looking at something around the halfway mark between say Newcastle and Gunnadie? That's of course if there is such a place apart from a bowl of dust on the side of the road.
    I could always ask my out-laws for suggestions as they know the area pretty well.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    FWIW, all going well; goats kidding, no dramas with the family, cars all going OK etc, I'm hoping to be in Gunnedah in September sometime which is about a 10 hour drive from my place so I don't know that I'd be up for another 6 hours each way trip when I'm there but it'd be great to meet up with a few of you characters.
    Anyone interested in looking at something around the halfway mark between say Newcastle and Gunnadie? That's of course if there is such a place apart from a bowl of dust on the side of the road.
    I could always ask my out-laws for suggestions as they know the area pretty well.

Alan S

Mudgee ???

not too far from Gunnedah and an easy trip for any syderny folk, good spirited drive from Bathurst and Dirt from Parkes

pretty central though

just a thought
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Yeah I'm up for Mudgee!

Derek

Yeah I'm up for Mudgee!

Derek

your only after the wineries

nice place to visit though i would never live there again
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Don't wanna sound too much like a "Townie" in the bush, but where's Mudgee??

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Don't wanna sound too much like a "Townie" in the bush, but where's Mudgee??

Alan S

about 180/190ish from gunnedah in the middle of a hole (literally)

from sydney you head over the mountains and take the turn after wiffgo and it's around 100km's from wiffgo

it is also about 10mins away from the $10 town (gulgong)

west of newcastle by about 2.5-3hours i think from memory
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Yeah I'm up for Mudgee!

Derek
    Are you thinking we'd stay overnight from Sydney?

You all seem to be driving Pugs. Would a citroen be welcome. I wouldn't mind going for a fang out west

1000+ Posts

We wouldn't *have* to stay overnight, but it's possible

What's wrong with Gulgong? I've never heard "the $10 town" before - I know a guy from Gulgong that's all

Derek

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and would be keen to meet some of the names I'm getting familiar with. Mudgee is close by for me (one and half hours from Dubbo). Are you talking about a Sunday or a Saturday?

For Sydney guys I reckon if you had a do over BBQ lunch or something then up and back to Mudgee is not out of the question. (Although reasonably long day).

There are a few nice spots around Mudgee .....

Peter J.
    PJ

Mudgee or Gulgong would be great. It's not a bad drive over from Bathurst, plus I need to stock up my wine collection

If the Sydney guys wanted to stay overnight we could make it a Saturday.

Yeah a Citroen would be welcome XM, but you have to drive at the back of the convoy

I hopefully won't have my car then but I may be in for this.

Will have to keep an eye on this thread and let you guys know as the date draws closer.

I'm keen

We wouldn't *have* to stay overnight, but it's possible

What's wrong with Gulgong? I've never heard "the $10 town" before - I know a guy from Gulgong that's all

Derek

if you can remember the old $10 note the town of gulgong was on that hence the name

also it has a bit of history in that the philipine leader (marcos) used to own a property there as well on the mudgee side

and of course we can't forget the ultra narrow streets in the town that with a car parked either side onlt just allows one car down the centre. very strange for a country town
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Just note that I will be OS from Aug 23 to Oct 3. So if you could do it after then, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll have to catch you next time.

I think overnight would be the way to go. We can't go all the way to Mudgee without visiting a few wineries.

It would be nice for me to make it to such a gathering... but impossible if it's on a weekend...

From Gunnedah, Alan, you come across to Mullaley and then down past the Black Stump to Coolah, then you have nice places like Leadville to traverse. Interesting country.

Tamworth people (Brodie Shields) could also get involved here... maybe we could coax Don O'Regan to bring his 403 down from Edgeroi?

Im intrested but depends on the day(s), somebody want to start throwing some dates around maybe coinciding with some kind off festival (beer drinking cheers! )

adrink
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

The Bathurst Historic Car club is going over to Mudgee this Sunday and they're having lunch at a winery. This winery has BBQ facilities and motorbike display. I've also been told that there's a winery with vintage Renault (bout 1910?) delivery van.

If I can get an idea of numbers and a date I'll phone a few winery's and see if I can organise a place for lunch, if this sounds ok to people

BTW September is the wine festival, so accomodation might be at a premium if anyone wants to stay overnight for a few

So if you guy's are interested speak up

so wots happening?

will the central west ever meet up?

I own a house in mudgee, and my dad owns a property 20km's out of town. I am often out that way
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread Information