we need a kart day in queensland
  • Register
  • Help

Default we need a kart day in queensland

theres a few good tracks up here and i dont see why the melbourne guys have to have all the fun as with regards to karting. what says we organize something up here. closest to me is the big kart track which is also the largest comercial kart track in australia $49 an hour for a group of 12 or more thats in landsbourough so its not to far from brisbane either

Advertisement
    Last edited by orestes; 26th May 2004 at 02:26 PM.

EMC

good idea!

1979 Peugeot 504 GL

are the karts at Landsborough quick?

last time i went there i found them slow and got bored pretty quickly... although they may have updated them since.

Sounds like a good idea... i would be up for this.

there not all that fast but theres a trick to them. you can jump out somewhere where the guys in the pits cant see you and fiddle with them a bit and get them to go reasonably faster (there kind of speed limited), i just thought that for $49 an an hour it was a reasonable price. other then that we can look at alternate venues, just as with regards to me not something on the other side of brisbane as it takes an hour and a half to get down to brisbane for me. and as well as that if you get a group of brizoids and drive up the coast it might be something fun
    Last edited by orestes; 27th May 2004 at 03:08 PM.

$49 is maybe a bit to cheap, we spent $74 for just over an hour, it consisted of 1 qualifying session & two races straight after eachother.

yeah i know theres other options its not the only kart track in queensland
    Last edited by orestes; 27th May 2004 at 05:08 PM.

Archerfield karts have a few grand prix deals.

Grand Prix Race Package - $70 per person.
    By far our most popular racing event! This race package consists of a
    One 12 minute practice session
    Two 15 lap qualifying races
    One 20 lap final.
    The major bonus is that trophies are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

Indy Race Package - $55 per person.
    With a minimum number of 8 drivers required for this event, and a maximum of 14 on the track at once, this is a great introduction to kart racing. This event consists of a
    One 12 minute practice session
    One 15 lap qualifying race
    One 15 lap final.
    We use the times from the qualifying race to determine the starting order for the "rolling-start" final. For bookings larger than 14 people, we will break the group down into teams, with the fastest drivers going through to the final, and the others compete in a "consolation" final, so everyone gets the same amount of time on the track!
    * Trophies are avaialable for $65 a set (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

They also have 2 for 1 tuesdays for the basic karts, 2 12min sessions for $24.

http://www.gokarts.net.au/flashsite/pricing.htm
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

sounds pretty good but i'd need to work out when i can actually get down there and so would everyone else me especially liveing on the sunshine coast i hate that sometimes
    Last edited by orestes; 27th May 2004 at 05:29 PM.

Zen

The guys from work and I have been heading out to Kingston Park Raceway and they have a $80 Level 3 Corporate Day (minimum of 10) and that includes a 5 lap practice, 5 lap qualifying and 4 x 7 lap races, trophies are extra. I think they give you Pro Karts straight up and they get along quite nicely. I think the fastest lap we did averaged about 75km/h from memory. On the old circuit I know we averaged over 80km/h. Check out http://www.gokarts.com.au/content/?id=9 for details. Feel damn sore after all that though. We're actually organizing another day out there mid-end June for stress relief.

I know it'll be even further out for the guys up the coast so it's your call. Either way, I'm definitely up for some karting, just tell me where and when. *giggles about power to weight advantage I have*

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

everyones ideas sound good and i don't want to sound like a wet blanket here but if you go out past springwood you might as well be going to the gold coast for the distance that it is even from the south east side of brisbane then again i dont know what suburbs you guys live in
    Last edited by orestes; 28th May 2004 at 04:20 PM.

I'm soooo jealous - that track at Kingston Park looks cool! We dont have any decent tracks here in Adelaide. We had one place that ran the propper 100cc sprint karts but they closed down with the public indemnity insurance thingys :/ The only decent track is down at Port Elliot which is about 100k from Adelaide. Maybe i'll have to organise an AF event down there!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I'm soooo jealous - that track at Kingston Park looks cool! We dont have any decent tracks here in Adelaide. We had one place that ran the propper 100cc sprint karts but they closed down with the public indemnity insurance thingys :/ The only decent track is down at Port Elliot which is about 100k from Adelaide. Maybe i'll have to organise an AF event down there!
    your more then welcome to drive up from adelaide and join in the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    I'm definitely up for some karting, just tell me where and when. *giggles about power to weight advantage I have* :D

Rich
    We can't all be short Richard.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I'm definitely up for some Karting guys.

I can definitely recommend Archerfield. Good karts, great track - also BBQ facilities if we are keen. Been there heaps and also done one of their race packages. Good stuff.
    1991 205 GTi (Silver)
    2005 Clio Sport 182 Cup (FRB)

wow, this thread got dug up, i tried to organize this about a month and a half ago, there was not a lot of queensland frogs intrested in this maybe we can bump this back up to the top and get some intrest ??

Thread Information