• Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By 4cvg
  • 3 Post By COL
  • 2 Post By 4cvg

Thread: Frogs & Wogs Launceston

1000+ Posts

Default Frogs & Wogs Launceston

Frogs & Wogs, a French & Italian car display, is on again in Launceston, Tasmania on Saturday 5th November. As with last year, the venue is the car park of the automobile museum in Cimitiere St by City park. The museum is open on the day & discounted entry has been arranged for Frogs & Wogs.

It's a nice event & if anyone is in Tasmania at the time, then please come along.

Advertisement

A flyer is below. Please circulate to anyone you think might be interested.

cheers! Peter

edit: correct file now attached but I can't work out how to delete the old 2015 one :-(
    Please cope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frogs & Wogs Launceston-frogs-n-wogs-day-2016a.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-v2-frogs-n-wogs-day-2015.jpg  
    Last edited by 4cvg; 25th September 2016 at 10:38 PM.
    tazfrog likes this.

1000+ Posts

As the event looms closer, some more detail of arrangements is below.

Briefly, the plan for the event is as follows:

Time & place: The place is the same as last year: the car park at the automobile museum in Cimitiere Street, Launceston (opposite City Park). We'll display roughly from 10-3 on Saturday 5 November. (I realise that the following Monday is a public holiday in the North & thus this is a long weekend but no one on the planning circulation list seemed to consider this to be a fatal flaw. There are reasons against alternatives.)

Dinner: Just across the side street from the museum is Hog's Breath Cafe. This will be our dinner venue. HBC offer dinner from 5 pm &, in the interest of travellers, I intend an early start (they close at 9.30). So, we'll begin in the bracket 5.30-6.00. The Cafe offers individualised orders & billing (by reference to chair #). Its menu is available at this link (vegetarian dishes are marked 'v' but scattered through the menu category selections).

Launceston's Home Of Great Steaks | Hog's Breath Cafe

Note: The cafe has requested a better idea of likely numbers than my guesstimate upon booking. Thus, if you intend going to the dinner, would you please advise your club secretary (or PM me if you're not a member of one of the local clubs involved) so that I can pass on that info closer to the event.

Museum entry: As in the past, the museum is generously allowing those displaying in the car park a discounted entry fee for museum entrance ($7.50). To gain this rate from whomsoever is on the counter, the magic code phrases are: 'I am a Frog' or: 'I am a Wog' :-)

cheers! Peter

Fellow Frogger!

Is it in Cimetière st because of the age of the average French car owner?

Andrew

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Watkins View Post
    Is it in Cimetière st because of the age of the average French car owner?

Andrew
    God knows (but I don't)!

1000+ Posts

Anyway, it occurs to me that we don't own average French cars.

COL

Default Photos from Saturday Car Display

Hi Folks

Some pics from Saturdays car display. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3340.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3336.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3330.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3332.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3328.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3324.jpg  

Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3326.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3325.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3323.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3322.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3320.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3318.jpg  

Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3317.jpg   Frogs & Wogs Launceston-img_3314.jpg  
    Alain, furneauxfrogger and lozenge like this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

1000+ Posts

The sharp-eyed among you might have noticed the presence of a non Frog/Wog (see Darracq pic). Pleasingly though, 'Mog' does rhyme suitably.

Given its rarity & interest (to me certainly), I granted permission for its presence & legitimated it with an origami frog to squat in its "windscreen" area. I also changed the poster (limited distribution only) to accommodate its presence. A copy is below.

cheers! Peter

Frogs & Wogs Launceston-frogs-n-wogs-day-2016b-mog-.jpg

Thread Information