PCCV video night
  • Register
  • Help
    nJm

PCCV video night

This friday (the 2/5/03) the PCCV are showing a movie on the history of Peugeot. I think I'll pop along, has to be a little more interesting than some of the other meetings .

Hope to see some of you there wink .

Advertisement
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

VIP Sponsor
    The video is to do with the 206 WRC and other aspects of Peugeot Sport.
    Nick, where were you at the last meeting? We had 5 drivers from the Redex events of the fifties talking about their experiences, pretty hard to top that for interest!
    Graham Wallis

nJm
    I haven't been since late last year blush .

Is this the same program that was on TV a while ago about Peugeot's sucess in the 2002 WRC?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Darn it, I'd come along but I've already got plans for tomorrow night. Let us know how the meeting goes.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

How long does this thing go for and when does it start?
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

nJm
    It starts at 8pm, and usually goes for an hour or two. However, the best bit is chatting to people in the carpark and looking at the largest gathering of "five oh" pugs you'll ever see outside Africa .

Go to <a href="http://www.pccv.org" target="_blank">www.pccv.org</a> for more details.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

Looks like I'll be able to make it after all, my scheduled dinner engagement has gone down the gurgler... I'll see you guys there, I'll try to be there by 7:30 to check out some Pugs.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    Yep, see you there.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

I couldn't make it guys I had to work. I'm really dying to go to one of their friday's one day but something always comes up. Do you have to be a member to go?
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

nJm
    No. I'm sure they'd prefer it if you did join though

Was a great chance last night to check out 3 505 V6's. Two of which had twin turbos evil .
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

1000+ Posts
    silverexec:
    my scheduled dinner engagement has gone down the gurgler...
    Sorry to hear that Richard :p

How'd the meeting go?
    Derek.

Yeah, the meeting was good. As Nick mentioned, we checked out some V6 505s, geez I so want to convert mine over now... tongue And they sound so meaty!
    When time, space and money permit, I might look into it... evil

The video at the meeting was pretty good, it was about last year's WRC season and Peugeot's win. They also showed the Pike's Peak Climb Dance film, the first time I've seen it, very impressive - especially steering with one hand while blocking the sun with the other... eek!

And to top off the evening, the film "Rendevouz" which has the Ferrari speeding through Paris in the early morning. Absolutely crazy stuff!

Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Thread Information