Adelaide Meet - Great Lunch Day
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Default Great lunch day!

Lincoln posted this first but it got wiped out with the site upgrade.

So to restate:
    The Adelaide meet for lunch turned out great. It was a beautiful day and we checked out some fantastic roads on the way to lunch.

There was a good variety of cars and the ones that joined us for the trip to lunch were:

Advertisement

GTI124 - Ford Focus ST170
    Another Focus ST170 - not sure of his name
    Mike - 206 gti
    LeighO - 206 gti180
    Xsaravts - you guessed it
    SA S16 - 306 S16
    myself - 306 Gti6

The ST170 is great! Very sharp on the turn in, amazing ride (I drove the st170 up the hill, and later when driving back down the same hill in my gti6 I remembered thinking "Where'd those bumps on the road come from?"). Steering is very light compared to the gti6. Engine was a little bit tight and didn't feel as torquey as the gti6, but I'm sure Lincoln won't take too much time to run it in! Awesome gearshift, I could happily sit in the stationary car and shift it just for fun..but that's just me. Not at all like the gti6 box which requires everything but foreplay to shift semi-adequately.

Didn't drive the gti180 but as a passenger it felt awesome. Ride was great, but not as supple as the st170. Great engine, it pulled really well up that hill considering the engine wasn't fully run in and we had 3 in the car, and even from the passenger seat could feel exactly what the tyres were doing.

Had a great day guys! Thanks to everyone who came along. Thanks to Mike and Leigh who chose the fabulous route (that's ROUTE Lincoln, not ROOT! ) Will organise another one later and happily tag along to any that someone else organises!

Jude

Fellow Frogger!

I had a great time. It was fun to put faces to names and meet people with similar interests in cars. The weather was perfect and as a result i look a similar colour to my car (rouge lucifer).

The roads we took were absolutely brilliant. A great reflection upon the french pyrennes (spelling?) that these cars were deigned for. Whilst most of us discussed how much body roll we thought we were getting, we marvelled at how well the car in front sat squat on the road. The poor surface conditions of willunga hill and the like were soaked up through the sporty yet forgiving suspension and i love the way the passive rear steer kicked in on the fast trek down the hill.

thanks go to :

Jude - his relentless pursuit of organising a SA meet
    Lincoln - for making the trek to SA

and everyone for turning up and making one memorable day.

Default Adelaide Meet

Last Sunday I met up with the Adelaide for an AWESOME drive through the Adelaide Hills and down to Victor Harbour.

What a collection of cars!

We had an 04 Xsara VTS, 04 206 GTI 180, 98 306 GTI6, 2 x 03 Ford Focus ST170s, a 206 GTI and a 306 S16. Every car I've lusted over at some point in time! What a collection!

Here are some pics, www.users.on.net/mushroom

I'll post my pics in a couple weeks.

Thanks Jude for organising this

1000+ Posts

Lincoln,

Glad to hear all's going well with your Focus
    jastanis had already created a thread, so I've merged them together with a kind of a combined thread title.

Derek

Icon10

when u doing it again

Mike certainly took some good shots! I especially liked the one with the 206's in the foreground and me caning around that sweeper!

Lincoln, will you be getting your photos scanned later on?

Pugly, I'll try and organise one in a few months, but will happily go along to any other meets that are organised by others (you?? ) in the meantime.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Yep, I have a dedicated film scanner, so will scan them up and post them on my website at www.mymane.net/aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger!

Nice photo's guys. Looks like you had a tops day! Look forward to doing something similar in sydney.
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Mike certainly took some good shots! I especially liked the one with the 206's in the foreground and me caning around that sweeper!

Lincoln, will you be getting your photos scanned later on?

Pugly, I'll try and organise one in a few months, but will happily go along to any other meets that are organised by others (you?? ) in the meantime.
    Hey Dudes,

Glad you like the photos so far - not bad for a hack (ok i used to teach photography) with a 12 hour old digital camera I have some more to post - and I have added a couple of video clips of the GTi 180 & my GTi doing a run around that sweeper.

http://users.on.net/mushroom/

We should catch up again soon - just not in the next couple of weekends - F1 this weekend, wedding the weekend after and the clipsal 500 the weekend after that.

Finally sorted my account on here - i joined just prior to the crash of the database and then had to figure out wtf was going on with my account after the restore

Ordered new number plates for my car yesterday - getting GTI 138 - After the standard power output of the 206 GTi being 138 bhp.

Cheers!

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

There was a good variety of cars and the ones that joined us for the trip to lunch were:

GTI124 - Ford Focus ST170
    Another Focus ST170 - not sure of his name
    Mike - 206 gti
    LeighO - 206 gti180
    Xsaravts - you guessed it
    SA S16 - 306 S16
    myself - 306 Gti6

That other ST170 would be me

Chris

Was a great day, thanks for having me along i relaly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one

Have a few of my own shots not to many tho

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cschoppe

The Victor link under cruises

See even after the server crash I still recreated my account :lol:

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by fordel
    That other ST170 would be me

Chris

Was a great day, thanks for having me along i relaly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one

Have a few of my own shots not to many tho

http://members.optusnet.com.au/cschoppe

The Victor link under cruises

See even after the server crash I still recreated my account :lol:

Cheers

Chris
    Thanks Chris! Sorry I've got a terrible memory for names! It was great to have you and your girlfriend along for the meet, and you're both definitely invited for the next one.

Some nice pics there! There's even one of me doing a double take on the Focus, looks bloody good with the dark tint . Lincoln, where did you get your car tinted? is it factory? It looks VERY dark, but fantastic!

cheers,
    Jude

- 306 gti6

It's a 3M Scotchtint. Each main city has a preferred supplier, he came out to my palce to do it. Was $330 for NSW's darkest legal tint. Apparently SA has different laws to NSW with darkness. It's a carbon based tint and after all of the driving I have done (6300kms on it now and I'm now back in Sydney), I did not get burnt. So worked well!

Thanks Chris! Sorry I've got a terrible memory for names! It was great to have you and your girlfriend along for the meet, and you're both definitely invited for the next one.

Some nice pics there! There's even one of me doing a double take on the Focus, looks bloody good with the dark tint . Lincoln, where did you get your car tinted? is it factory? It looks VERY dark, but fantastic!

cheers,
    Jude
    No problems Jude !

Thanks for that, it was great to be invited and come for the drive, will be along tot he next one for sure, provided i am not working

Tint laws here are 35% max legal limit

Chris

35% is what I have.

Lincoln,

How long until you get your pics uploaded to your website? I'm keen to see them.

Michael
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Lincoln,

How long until you get your pics uploaded to your website? I'm keen to see them.

Michael
    Should be by the end of the week, maybe early next week.

Having a few issues with my new film scanner. So excuse the overly dark ones, not sure what's going on there. Anyway, they're up on the site.

www.mymane.net/photos/aussiefrogs

Pics have all been updated now. What a wicked collection of cars we had that day

Love this one, driving and shooting photos can be hit and miss, but when you get it, it's pretty cool:

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Pics have all been updated now. What a wicked collection of cars we had that day

Love this one, driving and shooting photos can be hit and miss, but when you get it, it's pretty cool:
    Hey Lincoln,

Good collection of photos there - was a really great day Have to do it again soon - when you back over this way?

Michael

Thanks Michael. I'm not over in Adelaide for a while yet. So you'll have to organise another one between yourselves. Really was a special group of cars there.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124

That sure is a nice '6! Me thinks the owner owes you a beer for that luverrly shot

- 306 gti6

Hey Lincoln,

Good collection of photos there - was a really great day Have to do it again soon - when you back over this way?

Michael
    G'day Michael,

Do I hear you volunteering on organising the next one?? If you do, I'm definitely keen on coming along. I also have a mate with an mx5 who'd probably love to come along if you guys don't mind.

- 306 gti6

Do I hear you volunteering on organising the next one??
    Hey Jude,

I could be convinced if thats what's required. Let me think about where & when I come up with something i'll put up a post might be a couple of weeks though as I am fairly busy with work.

Michael

Hey Jude,

I could be convinced if thats what's required. Let me think about where & when I come up with something i'll put up a post might be a couple of weeks though as I am fairly busy with work.

Michael
    Getting ready to de-transition, ey?

Fellow Frogger!

Hey guys how are we all...

Don't know how long i've missed this thread for but it was a bloody excellent day. It seems there are quite a few hands up for another *cough* meet soon. I'll make a phone call to a contact and see if i can tee up a day at ye olde place of bitumen and ripple strips out virginia way - how does that sound

Email me your contact details and i'll let you know about it (except for michael and jude - got them). We can organise a time that suits us all then.

Thanks for the pictures they look great. And Chris - was that you i saw on west terrace the other day???

Whops my email is [email protected]
    Last edited by LeighO; 11th April 2004 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information