British & European Motoring Show
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default British & European Motoring Show

Peugeot is a featured marque at this year's AOMC British & European Motoring Show at Dandenong Showgrounds, Melbourne, on March 14th. (The other featured marque is Rover.) Because 2004 is the Peugeot Car Club of Victoria's 50th anniversary year, the club will be presenting a special selection of vehicles, including concours, competition and commercial types. Entry to the Peugeot stand is by invitation only, so if your car is not on display please come as a helper or spectator and help to make this event a great success.

Advertisement

I'm not into Puegeots but why can't members who want to show their cars have a side show or area off the offical club area, seems abit crappy that you have all the sellected good cars yet not allow your members who may not have Showroom condition cars to show their pride and joys off the side......

I would have thought the more the better, from new to old, concours to scruffy......... makes the excellent ones stand out with the every day members still showing theres?......

Regards

I try not to get involved in group discussions, other than to give details of coming events. But I do point out that no one has ever said that cars at the French Car Festival have to be in showroom condition. The idea is to get as many different cars there as possible, whether good, bad or ugly. Please come along and help to make it a success.

Fellow Frogger!

im with u covert on this one it just seems to be the oug club of being elitest as far as im concerned shit if other clubs tried it there would be uproar and proably not get a good representation of all models anyway
    classic no plastic just lots metal but lots of fun

This is becoming monotonous. Let me say it again: first, the Peugeot club is not elitist, and second, all French cars are welcome at the French Car Festival, no matter how tatty they might be. They will be put in with all the other cars of their decade, whether good, bad or ugly. If they arrive early, they will be put in the front row. Please let's not see any more misguided talk about cars not being allowed to enter.

Hi Daniel Hi Covert Unfortunately the organisers only give you a certain amount of space What Paul is trying to do is cover the largest range of Peugeots possible There will even be a 1947 202 ute there. In a couple of weeks there is the all French Car Day, I think at Balwyn There will be plenty of room So if you have three cars you want to display bring them all along . Hope to see you at both events Regards Hank.

I have to agree with Paul, Peugeot is not being elitist at all, no need to get all snooty. For one, it's a British and European show, so you will undoubtedly see other French Marks there other than Peugeot. PCCV is one of the main Marks there this year, as Paul metioned, due to it's 50th anniversary.

I do encourage you to get involved in the French Car Festival, Melbourne. You are welcome to bring your froggy along and display it, no matter what the condition or type.

See details for the event at this tread. French Car Festival, Melbourne
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)
    I can feel a GTI 180 coming on!

The impression I'm getting is some are confused between the British & European show and the French Car Festival (ie. the French Car Day).

Just to make it very clear.

Bring whatever French car you want to the French Car Festival. There is NO invitation required.

If you have a Peugeot, only invited cars can exhibit at the British & European Car Show - it's a case of limited space. The club has invited certain cars so as to provide as large a range of vehicles over time within the space allocated - it's a case of trying to put on the best exhibition you can with the space you have.

The British & European Car Show is a different event to the French Car Festival.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

nJm

I'm looking forward to the British & European show. I'm quite content to have my car in the car park. Do you know what kind of turn out the Mercedes club is expecting? I love all the pre 70s Mercs .
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Nick The Mercedes Car Club always have a huge turnout because they incorporate their annual concours into the B and E. Show Hank.

nJm

Thanks for that Hank.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Administrator

So, who is going to the British and European Car show this Sunday?

It should be a good day, and so far the weather looks ideal....

Seeya there...

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    So, who is going to the British and European Car show this Sunday?

It should be a good day, and so far the weather looks ideal....

Seeya there...

Regards,

Richard
    I'll try to make it down. I've got a friends birthday that day, but I should be right. I know it's at the Dandenong showgrounds, but where is that exactly? Is it that massive carpark like space on Lwr Dandy Rd?
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

be there with bells on is it open to only pugs for display cars, or can any frog go in?
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    be there with bells on is it open to only pugs for display cars, or can any frog go in?
    You won't be able to display your car at this one unless you've been invited. But everyone is welcome as a spectator. They'l be displaying brit and euro cars.

If you want to get yours in on a display have a look at the thread for the Melbourne French Car Festival, to be held on April 18 in Balwyn. $5 per display from memory.
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

Default British & Euro show

I'll be there in my MG (the R16 is playing up) but otherwise would have supported the French. I also agree with Nick that the Mercs are well worth drooling over.

Ed.

I might drop by im driving past the showgrounds tommorow so i'll probs be their in the morning.

Hey Asanka, if you drop past tomorrow, you'll be probably be the only one there... the show is on Sunday

I'm planning to be there and have a look around. Looking forward to seeing some fellow froggers around. Wave if you see me...

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

What are you lot on anyone can display a Brit or Euro car of any type any condition. The restricted bit is only for a small display bit for Pug, the rest of the show is the main bit. Just rock up to the gate with $8 and you, your car and occupants can enter the venue, otherwise it's $8 each.

see: http://www.carfreak.com.au/aomc.htm
    Last edited by McPug; 13th March 2004 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverexec
    Hey Asanka, if you drop past tomorrow, you'll be probably be the only one there... the show is on Sunday

I'm planning to be there and have a look around. Looking forward to seeing some fellow froggers around. Wave if you see me...
    Richard
    I know rich, i couldnt be bothered editing my post!

Well what a day it was for a car show!
    Perfect weather and many perfect cars It was great to see so many fantastic Peugeots, Citroens and Renaults on display. I loved to 202 ute! It was also great to see a few AF stickers floating around. I've never seen an AF sticker on a car apart from mine!
    Hank, the waghoon looked great! I took a few snaps.
    Richard, was that your silver Exec parked near my bronze STI?

Talk about an a troupe de force with the Mercedes club. There were some amaazing Mercs there.
    I have to admit that this is the first time that I have really made the effort to spend time looking at all the vehicles at a show of this calibre.

I have taken quite a few pics from the day, I'll make a concerted effort to get them up on my web page in the next few days.

Now I'm looking forward to participating in the Melbourne French Car festival in April!
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

Yeah, was a really nice day. Could have been my Exec - did it have a sticker and dodgy panels? I didn't see your bronze STi but I did see Nick's GR a few rows closer to the entrance!

Good to see some of the regulars around. Justin, you seemed to be having a very in-depth discussion with that guy when I happened to see you, sorry I didn't get to catch up with you later on. Did have a quick chat with Daniel (the R12 nut) and then went to have a squiz at some of the other Frenchies.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of Renaults and Citroens, I really wanted to show my mum a nice CX. As luck would have it, when we pulled into Autobarn that afternoon, two guys come along in a beaten up red CX with bog all over the panels and park nearby. Not really the image that I wanted her to get.

Anyway, a great day. Hopefully, the French Car Festival will be just as good.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Yeah, was a really nice day. Could have been my Exec - did it have a sticker and dodgy panels? I didn't see your bronze STi but I did see Nick's GR a few rows closer to the entrance!
    Yeah! that was it! I was on the way back to my car and saw you as you were driving out too.

Anyway, if you want to see some of the pics from the day, go to this site
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

Nice pics. That blue 505 was immaculate, don't think I've ever seen a cleaner one. I loved the 404 convertible, and I finally got to see a 504 convertible in the flesh, very nice! Why didn't Peugeot release them here?!?!
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Nice pics. That blue 505 was immaculate, don't think I've ever seen a cleaner one. I loved the 404 convertible, and I finally got to see a 504 convertible in the flesh, very nice! Why didn't Peugeot release them here?!?!
    No idea why they didn't release the 504 convertible here. Supply and demand??
    The 404 convertible was cool, never seen on before!

I'll be finishing off that site, so you can view the larger image of the thumbnails, soon. Just gotta find the time to sit down infront of the computer at home and do it!

Yes, that blue 505 was in fantastic condition, I wish mine was that nice!
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information