Ross, Tasmania - Sunday 19 May
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Ross, Tasmania - Sunday 19 May

What is, in my opinion, Tasmania's best car meet, "Picnic at Ross", will be held at Ross (halfway between Launceston & Hobart) on Sunday 19 May from about 9 AM.
    It's not just, or even much at all, for French cars (although the French Car Club of Tasmania will attend as a club, as might the bewilderingly distinct Citroen club) but for anyone in Tassie with a general interest in cars, it is a very nice range of interesting stuff. Last year had around 800 vehicles, one of which was my Djet (this year I'll take the 4CVG).

cheers! Peter

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Not are bad day. Around 1000 cars but a generally less interesting mix than last year & the event lost something by having its venue shifted from the streets & adjoining paddocks of Ross to a Football oval a few blocks from the main street.
    One brilliant vehicle made the trip worthwhile. A glorious conversion of a Fiat 500 with a mid-mounted 1.7 Alfa 33 flat four. Sorry, no pics (I haven't done cameras since using a box Brownie as a 14 year old). Perhaps someone else here who went could oblige.
    Only off note was the use of appalling Roadstone tyres; perhaps he doesn't drive it in the wet.
    cheers! Peter

Thread Information