2013 French Car Festival
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2013 French Car Festival

Default 2013 French Car Festival

The 2013 French Car Festival is to held on Sunday October 20th at the Seaworks Maritime Precinct on Nelson Place at Williamstown, Victoria. All French cars, other vehicles and mopeds/motor bikes are invited to enjoy a full day of festivities. As well as pier-front display areas, there will be undercover parking for rare and significant vehicles (and trailer parking) plus commercial tents, music, presentations, raffles, food stalls, technical advice...and awards. The best in show awards will be presented by the French Consul, Ms Myriam Boisbouvier-Wylie.
    Nearby are the Williamstown craft market, restaurants, parklands, a military ship museum, ferry rides and seaplane flights. The Sea Shepherd may even be in port!

If you are in a car club, information has been sent to your club. However, if you own a French car or other vehicle --or know someone who does-- and are not in a club, we'd love to hear from you.

Advertisement

Interstate delegations are welcome and we can assist with sorting accommodation and/or billets.

Please contact Ken Marriott on 0418 178 788/ (03) 9399 1614 or at [email protected] or Paul Stewart on 0459 145 251 or [email protected] for further details or to register your interest!

G'day Ken

For clarification then this is not the event usually organised by the Pug Cit and Reno car clubs but rather an addittional Melbourne French car day event with a similar name?

Thanks.
    OddfireV6
    504 V6 24V, 203

Quote Originally Posted by OddFireV6 View Post
    G'day Ken

For clarification then this is not the event usually organised by the Pug Cit and Reno car clubs but rather an addittional Melbourne French car day event with a similar name?

Thanks.
    No it's the same thing. Just moved to later in the year and with a new venue.
    Cheers...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

My French Car Festival photos at Macleay Park from 2010, 11 and 12 are here;

http://tinyurl.com/frenchcarfestivals

Hi guys,
    I went and visited the venue earlier this week with a few of the organizing Committee. Whilst my crappy phone camera doesn't really do it justice this is a fabulous venue. A large shed to contain exotics and cars that need to be undercover is a great innovation.
    We've already had a great response from Bugatti and DeLage for this reason.
    Also we can confirm that "Fletch" will be filming for Classic Resto's. That is a TV show shown in 4 Countries and shows here in Melbourne on Channel 31 (Better get the polish out guys)
    There is a website with further details at www.frenchcarfestival2013.net This website is updated a fair bit so please bookmark it.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers..>Paul
    2013 French Car Festival-melbourne-20130715-00048.jpg2013 French Car Festival-melbourne-20130715-00051.jpg
    Last edited by G4ME; 18th July 2013 at 12:28 AM.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Fellow Frogger!

I'm keen on attending this, and the maritime museum looks like it'll be open the same day so that's a bonus!

Any idea what the parking situation is like there?
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityJayOne View Post
    I'm keen on attending this, and the maritime museum looks like it'll be open the same day so that's a bonus!

Any idea what the parking situation is like there?
    Ten bucks to park your car inside the compound all day if it is a Frenchy and on display.
    Parking in the street will require some walking as the market is on the same day and this area is already very popular with Cafes etc.
    You might have to walk a block or two but it is street parking.
    Cheers...Paul

Fellow Frogger!

I take it 'on display' means pre-organised as part of the show?
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

I take it 'on display' means pre-organised as part of the show?
    No, it means pay your 10 bucks and park where the officials tell you and your free to enjoy the day. No pre organising
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!

Ah right, so it's an area for attendees' cars to be both parked and on display to other attendees, provided the car is French?
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Can't wait!

i'll agree to that too!!! it will be great day cheers dazz

Ah right, so it's an area for attendees' cars to be both parked and on display to other attendees, provided the car is French?
    Correct. It's predominantly a car show. So bring your French Car, pay the 10 bucks and you're in until about 3pm to enjoy all the Festival and Williamstown has to offer. People will come and look at your car too - it only has to be French -doesn't have to be concourse or even interesting. And just rock up on the day at about 9am - Too easy.

Fellow Frogger!

Sounds good!! Might even bump into a few of you, eh? Probably a good thing I'm still wearing the P plates, will make it easier to find when I go to leave.
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

My work will have a pretty good display, plus I'm undecided what car ill be bringing....
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Default French Car Festival Update

Hi Guys,
    This event is pretty much completely organized - 1 Month ahead of schedule. Just a few minor things to finish off. Here's our current flyer with more info.
    Cheers.....Paul

2013 French Car Festival-fcf-2013-flyer-5.1.jpg

The Press releases are working. A nice little note in the "What's On" section of the RACV's Royal Auto and also the Herald Sun Cars Guide.
    We are also showing in Just Cars magazine.
    I'm sure I'll still hear someone say "I didn't know it was on"
    :-)
    Paul

Fellow Frogger!

I'll be there nice & early! If able I'd go park my Pug on display then go grab breakfast at a cafe somewhere...or do we have to wait until 9am to be guided in?
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

I'll be there nice & early! If able I'd go park my Pug on display then go grab breakfast at a cafe somewhere...or do we have to wait until 9am to be guided in?
    Coming in early shouldn't be a problem. We should have people there from about 7.30 and by all means park the car and grab the bacon and eggs.
    Cheers...Paul

is there an actual start time? Such a well organised event, there must be a program somewhere but I, of course can't seem to find it.
    Looking forward to Sunday 26 whhhhooooooo!

Hang on I just saw someone say 9.00am
    Last edited by mberry; 17th October 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Yep - we'd love to see you arriving at 9

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Default FCF further details.

Hi Guys,
    Here is the official program of events for the day. This is of course the events at the FCF. Don't forget the Sea Shephard boats will be there and you can go on them. Also the Willi market is on.
    To make things a little bit smoother on the day please rock up early. There will be people there from about 7.30 but if you can arrive by 9 then that'll be great. Previous FCF's and being a Sunday we always get a last minute rush.
    More press today with Jon Faine mentioning our event on 774 ABC, plus Renault doing a Facebook and Twitter blast. We even got a picture in the Herald Sun Cars Guide.
    Get in early cos it could be a lock out with great Melbourne weather expected also :-)
    Cheers...Paul

2013 French Car Festival-timetable.jpg2013 French Car Festival-fcf-directions.jpg

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

The Herald Sun Cars guide was in Fri or Sat paper?
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    The Herald Sun Cars guide was in Fri or Sat paper?
    Friday

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Had to slip this one in first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 French Car Festival-image.jpg  
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information