Hunter Valley French car day
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    don

Default Hunter Valley French car day

Hi all

Advertisement

I have the pleasure of managing a winery cellar door in the hunter valley at Broke.
    namely Nightingale Wines.

This is a feeler to see what sort of response there would be to a picnic\ drive day to the vineyard.

We have BBQ facilities for free and the vineyard is very picturesque.
    Perhaps the hunter members would enjoy a get together and this would be a good day trip for Central Coast and Sydney siders.

I would be happy to provide a case of wine as a lucky ticket prize and for the non drinkers a lunch for 2 in our restaurant.

For those of you in sydneys west the run up through windsor on the putty road and back via Wollombi and Laguna is very rewarding driving.

We have a accommodation and a special rate will be available once a date is set.

If someone would like to drive a poll on this thread that would be great.

You can check out the vineyard by looking at my website link.

Look forward to everyones thoughts :-)

Hunter Valley French car day-dons-phone-214.jpg

Depending on when, it could be interesting. There's a few in the RCCA for example that may come along.
    Keep us up to date with your plans.

KB
    KB

There use to be a similar day at Wollombi Tavern. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive through St Albans - Laguna in the Mi16x4. I'm keen for cooler months.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

don

I thouight maybe May

Consider me very interested!
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    I thouight maybe May
    sounds good.

Jo

Tadpole

This sounds like a great idea, but.....can we get it up on a club calender so that club plates can join in?

don

Icon11

Ok so I have contacted the relevant french car clubs and requested that the event be placed on their relative calendars
    Awaiting reply feedback

At this stage the date will be Sunday May 26th 10am till the last car departs.
    We have a wine store that serves as a Barrell room and function space so if the weather is uncooperative we are dry and cosy.

If there is enough interest dealers will be invited to showcase new motors, as well as local produce sellers and marketers

So get out your diaries and commit
    Quote Originally Posted by mart27 View Post
    This sounds like a great idea, but.....can we get it up on a club calender so that club plates can join in?

Default RE: Hunter Valley French car day

I'm definitely in on this one, the Mrs too in her 207. We're up that way a lot - the stretch from the F3 to the Hunter via Wollombi is a cracking drive. You can add the Old Pacific Hwy in there too if coming through the north of Syd. As PeterT said though, definitely needs to be in the cooler part of the year, May would be good.
    205 gti-6

205 track car build in progress http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

have pencilled it in Don,- count two for that & it might be worth attending the Euroday in Newcastle (usually early May) - you will most likely pick up a few more wino's there

Ok so I have contacted the relevant french car clubs and requested that the event be placed on their relative calendars
    Awaiting reply feedback

At this stage the date will be Sunday May 26th 10am till the last car departs.
    We have a wine store that serves as a Barrell room and function space so if the weather is uncooperative we are dry and cosy.

If there is enough interest dealers will be invited to showcase new motors, as well as local produce sellers and marketers

So get out your diaries and commit

Looking good, Don. Pending any major hiccups, I'll be there.
    2005 Jaune Scott VTS 180 (built 28/1/05), K&N Typhoon Induction Kit, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers | Build Thread

C4Owners.org Premier Club Member#19249
    Citroen Car Club of NSW Inc Member - 2013/14 Committee Member and Editor of "The Chevrons"
    Australian Racing Drivers' Club Member
    facebook.com/cccnsw

don

Hunter Valley French car day-broke-fordwich.jpg
    Attached a map of the area for eveyones information and enlightenment

Can you also send information to clubs in the ACT? My email is [email protected]. My parents used to organise the event at Wollombi and some other locations in the Hunter Valley.
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) coming soon
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

don

To date Ive not heard back from the Renault or Peugeot car clubs.
    Citroen say the date falls on a tech day so I dont know if they are willing to place the event on their calendars
    Perhaps someone with a little more weight can coax some kind of reaction ?????????

I'm under 100kg now (thankfully) but I'll send some info to the relevant RCCA people for you.
    KB
    KB

had confirmatiion back already that it's on our calendar as a tbc awaiting further details and was mentioned in our last magazine.
    KB

I've just advertised the event to Renault Owners Club of Canberra in our newsletter.
    1976 Renault 12 1.4 wagon (Bright yellow)
    1998 Peugeot 306 XSi (white) (past)
    2006 Peugeot 307 XS HDi Touring (dark grey) (past)
    2018 Peugeot 308 HD BlueHDi Touring (Platinum Grey) coming soon
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Mixte bicycles
    1970s Peugeot folding bicycle
    1970s & 80s Peugeot Gents bicycles
    Other French bikes (Gitane and Motobecane)

This will be advertised in the next two Peugeot Car Club of NSW magazines, Don.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

don

Default Hunter Valley Drive Day Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    This will be advertised in the next two Peugeot Car Club of NSW magazines, Don.

As discussed herein the event on Sunday 26th May is all about our fellow french car fans, owners, their friends and families, in particular the hunter members of aussiefrogs and various french car clubs.

To Confirm - The Destination is Nightingale Wines 1239 Milbrodale Rd Broke.

10am Start but cars can arrive at any time (cellar door Opens 10am)

BYO Picnic or BBQ Lunch or we have an onsite restaurant.
    Nightingale Wines will provide free BBQ facilities and cooking utensils.
    These will be at both cellar door under cover and in our pool area covered with a portable gazebo. Plastic chairs and tressel tables will be made available for eveyones use. In the event of rain we will utilise the winery area and barrel room.

Take away Coffee and Tea facilities are on site as well as cellar door for wine tasting and sales.

Sunday night our Spa Villa Suites are available @ $150 for the night including a continental breakfast per person. A Saving of over $200 per Villa

Nightingale Wines will provide a case of Premium wines as a Free Raffle Prize on the day. This will be by way of Raffle Tickets -1 per car-
    As well as a Lunch prize for 2 that will be based on a route map questionaire involving the local businesses on milbrodale rd.

The Route Map will be available for download on the Aussiefrogs Events Site
    by 1st May for anyone that wants to participate.

This event is all about our cars and meeting new people. The Hunter seems to have a destinct lack of French Car Club Events so if this is successful perhaps we can make a yearly event.

Don, don't forget to go to Euroday in Newcastle early May - there will be a few French car people there who will not see this as they are not on Froggy's. Have used a 2B pencil.... & put it in the diary so pending any unforseen hurdles we will be there. I'll pass it on to anybody I Think of who is not on here as well
    As discussed herein the event on Sunday 26th May is all about our fellow french car fans, owners, their friends and families, in particular the hunter members of aussiefrogs and various french car clubs.

To Confirm - The Destination is Nightingale Wines 1239 Milbrodale Rd Broke.

10am Start but cars can arrive at any time (cellar door Opens 10am)

BYO Picnic or BBQ Lunch or we have an onsite restaurant.
    Nightingale Wines will provide free BBQ facilities and cooking utensils.
    These will be at both cellar door under cover and in our pool area covered with a portable gazebo. Plastic chairs and tressel tables will be made available for eveyones use. In the event of rain we will utilise the winery area and barrel room.

Take away Coffee and Tea facilities are on site as well as cellar door for wine tasting and sales.

Sunday night our Spa Villa Suites are available @ $150 for the night including a continental breakfast per person. A Saving of over $200 per Villa

Nightingale Wines will provide a case of Premium wines as a Free Raffle Prize on the day. This will be by way of Raffle Tickets -1 per car-
    As well as a Lunch prize for 2 that will be based on a route map questionaire involving the local businesses on milbrodale rd.

The Route Map will be available for download on the Aussiefrogs Events Site
    by 1st May for anyone that wants to participate.

This event is all about our cars and meeting new people. The Hunter seems to have a destinct lack of French Car Club Events so if this is successful perhaps we can make a yearly event.

Citroen say the date falls on a tech day so I dont know if they are willing to place the event on their calendars
    Perhaps someone with a little more weight can coax some kind of reaction ?????????
    Well the tech day is the weekend before and the 26th is a Hunter Valley French Car Day Run.

So I guess a reaction has occurred.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's and got the shits.

'15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

And I sent you a PM about the event and the CCCNSW calendar, but you did not respond. I am on the committee and tried to do my best to help.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

don

Default hunter valley french car day

A big thank you to all of the French car clubs that have put this event on their relevant calendars

a confirmation of event has been posted on this thread.

we will also be having live music by on the day for participants enjoyment.

don

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    And I sent you a PM about the event and the CCCNSW calendar, but you did not respond. I am on the committee and tried to do my best to help.

don

Default Re Hunter Drive Day

Hi folks
    Just a quick up date.
    We will have live entertainment by V La France ( Guitar and accordian duet) on the day and are now giving away another prize by raffle - a Free Mid week stay in one of our spa Villas Value $260
    The event is also now listed on The Aussie frogs calendar.

don

Default French Car Drive Day Questionnaire

Hunter Valley French car day-french-car-day-map_0001.jpgFor those of you wanting to be in the draw for the dozen wines from the Broke Region on the 26th May
    The following Wineries are involved - Catherine Hills Vineyard, Stomp Wines, Nightingale Wines, Margan Estate, Glenguin Winery,
    Brokes Promise Wines and Oils, Mount Broke Wines and Whispering Brooke estate.
    Download the map / questionnaire and visit each of the cellar doors to get your answers on the day.
    You must be here on the day to Win!

Good Luck Everyone we look forward to seeing you all on the day

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information