[Canberra] Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition
  • Register
  • Help

Default [Canberra] Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition

Who's interested in absorbing a bit of historical French art/culture? The exhibition starts in just over three weeks.

A sketch plan of the proposed event (on a weekend day), would be:
    Arriving by French car, to a predetermined carpark
    Viewing the exhibition
    Retiring to the carpark or a nearby venue for DIY/bringaplate pseudo-French catering
    Returning home tired but happy

A show of hands, s'il vous plaît. Comments on dates preferred, would help.

Advertisement

I'll get in quick. Please NOT the Australia day long weekend. Have this seriously booked... for my wedding.
    A long weekend is probably the best as it means travel is not cutting into the 'work day drudge hours'.

Brendan

What better venue for a hitching, than this exhibition at our dear old NGA? Surely it's not too late to change venues?

Seriously, I am surprised at the lack of interest so far. People like Toulouse-Lautrec and de Maupassant, would have relished the internet, with its inimitable nature that sweeps through their ascribed blend of studious minutiae, visceral carnality, informed banter and a general thirst for living.
    Last edited by addo; 21st November 2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Wording - considered improvement.

Provided I remember the date I will turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    What better venue for a hitching, than this exhibition at our dear old NGA? Surely it's not too late to change venues?

Seriously, I am surprised at the lack of interest so far. People like Toulouse-Lautrec and de Maupassant, would have relished the internet, with its inimitable blend that sweeps through their ascribed blend of studious minutiae, visceral carnality, informed banter and a general thirst for living.
    Yes Addo it would be grand venue but all the invites have been sent! Plus I've got a couple of guests flying in from Europe and they may like Canberra, they are ex Melbournian's and the "Old Home Town" is a tasty bait to tease them with.

Brendan

Thread Information