Vedette Cabriolet !
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Vedette Cabriolet !

Hi - did anyone else see the Simca Vedette cabriolet on the SBS French news yesterday?

It was in a short archival piece showing some political bigwig arriving in it at some stately building.

Advertisement

I'm no Simca expert but have never seen the cabriolet before.

Don
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Fellow Frogger!

Default Vedette convertible

The one you mention was built for General de Gaulle. The French government had a fleet of Simca Vedette "Presidence" and among them were two 4dr convertibles and four 2dr convertibles which were specially built for the Generals use. While Simca never built a convertible Vedette I am aware that at least two were built by the famous coach builder for private buyers. I have posted pictures of a Chambord convertible but not sure if it's one of the mentioned two or if it is another conversion from a sedan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vedette Cabriolet !-marly_1959_017.jpg   Vedette Cabriolet !-marly_1959_018.jpg   Vedette Cabriolet !-marly_1959_019.jpg  
    Last edited by panhard; 5th January 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling error

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Very nice. I can't get away from how much it looks like a 3/4 scale '57 or '58 Packard- certainly nothing wrong with that. That suits the Vedette's style very well.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information