Salmson bits
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Salmson bits

Tadpole

Default Salmson bits

Hi. I noticed a posting by johnw back in March about a Salmson and he mentioned a guy on the South Coast of NSW who was the Salmson expert. About 40 years ago I owned a Salmson GP (not the San Sebastian) Whilst at the restorers, it and 12 other cars were destroyed in a fire. The only bits I had a home at the time were the alloy steering wheel, speedo and the original headlights. I would love to pass them on to someone who could use them. I can be contacted at [email protected]. At the time the only other owner I knew lived in WA although I heard about a wing commander in the ACT who had the San Sebastian (supercharged) model. Mine was an 1927 1100cc twin overhead cam two seater (one behind the other) I have a photo I can send if any body is interested. Cheers.

Advertisement

What a loss!

Why not post the picture here?

And the guy on the south coast is Steen Pederson IIRC.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    What a loss!

Why not post the picture here?

And the guy on the south coast is Steen Pederson IIRC.
    It is amazing how time flies, some 40 years ago I drove a GP Salmson for the owner in Sydney who was Cyril Nichols. The car was a single seater with the 1100cc engine and a four speed gearbox.
    Cyril would not sell the car and it was detained for a long time after the death of Cyril.
    I believe Steen has that car today, although I have never met him.

Yes, Cyril entrusted it to Peter and Mary Hitchin for Mary to drive... it was sold to Steen maybe five or six years ago.

He's a very nice guy... you should make a point of catching up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Yes, Cyril entrusted it to Peter and Mary Hitchin for Mary to drive... it was sold to Steen maybe five or six years ago.

He's a very nice guy... you should make a point of catching up with him.
    I concur, a very nice bloke & doe's he drive it !! Pretty to watch it on the limit
    especially with the Dummy Mechanic alongside him & with those narrow wire wheels. A really lovely old car!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by routley43
    I concur, a very nice bloke & doe's he drive it !! Pretty to watch it on the limit
    especially with the Dummy Mechanic alongside him & with those narrow wire wheels. A really lovely old car!
    I was surprised to see the name Cyril Nichol mentioned. I had forgotten that I bought my Salmson from Cyril. I think he and his brother owned the ice works at Ryde. It would have been about 40 years ago. My car did not have an original body but I have attached a photo of a Salmson in Perth I went to see to work out how to build a new body. I had no idea he had more than one Salmson although he had quite a few cars. Alvis comes to mind?

The head lights I mentioned in my first posting now (or soon will) grace an Amilcar in MELBOURNE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Salmson bits-salmson1.jpg  

Tadpole

Default Salmson Bits

Hi John,

I realise that this is a long shot, hoping to find you about 6 years after your post on the AusssieFrogs website.!

I have recently bought what is descibed as a 1927 Salmson Grand Prix but I am missing a few things like Head Lights ( too late !), Instruments and Switches, Shockabsorbers etc. so I would be very interested if you still have any bits left.

Can you please let me know what you have and what price.

Appreciate any assistance/advice.

Garnet Luckins

[email protected]

Thread Information