Simca Aronde Tailgate Winder
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Simca Aronde Tailgate Winder

Hi Guys,

Looking for a tailgate window winder handle for the Aronde P60 wagon. Know of any sitting around?.

Advertisement

JP

"Some Car This Simca"

Quote Originally Posted by panhard
    Hi Guys,

Looking for a tailgate window winder handle for the Aronde P60 wagon. Know of any sitting around?.

JP

"Some Car This Simca"
    "Pong-ah".
    Because the P60 wagon was an Aus design and build by Chrysler is there the slightest possibility that they raided the Valiant Safari wagon parts bin?

JP,
    Did you see the list of vehicles that are going to be barred to "P" platers, in Victoria I think it was?
    Among them is the Simca Vedette V8. Thats right!!
    Might I suggest that Vedette owners including yourself, ask the authorities if you could have this in writing ?
    A suitable bumper sticker could be designed and distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    "Pong-ah".
    Because the P60 wagon was an Aus design and build by Chrysler is there the slightest possibility that they raided the Valiant Safari wagon parts bin?

JP,
    Did you see the list of vehicles that are going to be barred to "P" platers, in Victoria I think it was?
    Might I suggest that Vedette owners including yourself, ask the authorities if you could have this in writing ?
    I think you are right-My Simca parts manual which list utes, convertibles and hardtops does not list any tailgates apart from vans and utes.

NSW has banned L & P Platers from all V8s, turbos, supercharged vehicles inc Charades but have you can still drive old Mini Cooper S, Alfa GTVs but not Montreals. Believe WA and other States are thinking of following.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    "Pong-ah".

JP,
    Hi Master,

That's a good clue, but the Valiant wagon came after the Simca Wagon, perhaps the Valiant used the Simca winder?

I'm overjoyed that the Vedette is to be barred to the "P" platers, no hoon is getting their hands on my baby.

By the way, I saw you drive into the swap meet this morning, but searched the place for half an hour without sighting you.

Jp

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    I think you are right-My Simca parts manual which list utes, convertibles and hardtops does not list any tailgates apart from vans and utes.

NSW has banned L & P Platers from all V8s, turbos, supercharged vehicles inc Charades but have you can still drive old Mini Cooper S, Alfa GTVs but not Montreals. Believe WA and other States are thinking of following.
    Hi Warren,

Have you sorted out your Simca's as yet?. As for the winder, it does get a mention in the last of the workshop manuals (white cover) issued by Chrysler Australia. I also have a parts manual that gives it a number, but that's of no use when we no longer have a supplier of Simca parts. The problem with my handle which I would say is common to most, is that the female square recess becomes rounded and the square shaft cannot maintain contact. I have thought of drilling both the handle housing and the shaft to take a pin, however when the whole mechanism is assembled there is no way I have access to insert the pin. Also I am having a problem in identifying the correct shock absorbers for the wagon which are different from the sedan. The one's I have taken off the wagon are miss-matched and are not original and I hesitate to use them as a sample to match new ones. I beg of someone out there that may have an old shock absorber catalogue from the 1960's - '70's that would list the Simca Aronde and give me a cross reference to other makes that used the same one.

regards

JP

Thread Information