Simca Records
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Simca Records

Default Simca Records

The SIMCA Aronde established a new world record by travelling 62,137 miles, approximately 2 1/2 times around the world, in less than 37 days, averaging 70.02 mph, at Montlhery, France. This broke the prvious record by earlier model.
    On 19 Dec 57, an Aronde began its trip that set a new trans American speed record. The SIMCA made it from New York to Los Angeles in 46 hours and 3 minutes. The previous record of 47 hours, 37 minutes was held by a V8 powered American car.

Does any of the more mature group members remember the Simca record between two towns in France , on two wheels , approx 53ks or miles apart by a stunt driver in the early 60's.
    I can remember motor mag articles and it was in newsreels. If you don't remember newsreels you won't know this!!!

Advertisement
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

I don't think I remember him doing it in a Simca... but in a Renault R8...

The guy did this in various cars, I think you'll find. One record after another.

Default Simca Records

The French stunt drivers name was Jean Sunny. Ah! The newsreels and standing up for the Queen. Jaffa races down the aisles. Oh! Where were we?

An American group of stunt drivers [cascadeurs] the United States Stunt Drivers performed cunning stunts in Simca P60's in the 1960's. Jumping a row of cars and all that.

Jean Sunny- As soon as I saw it all came back-must have been "seniors pause"

Will follow up but here is one car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simca Records-simca-jean-sunny.jpg  
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    Jean Sunny- As soon as I saw it all came back-must have been "seniors pause"

Will follow up but here is one car.
    Jean Sunny mainly used the Ariane but later went on to use the Simca 1000 for the same sort of tricks.

JP

Thread Information