Matra 530 in a Field of Wheat !!!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Matra 530 in a Field of Wheat !!!

All sorts of weird finds. This Matra has been found in a Field of Wheat/Barley near Margret River in WA.

It cannot be seen from the road and needs the "Hippie" type owner of the field to open the gates to maybe look at it, and I am told you will need to do a lot of persuading to try and buy it.

The Matra was converted to RHD before being brought to Australia in the early '80s, it was driven for about 6 years here, and then disappeared off the scene, until these pictures were taken at the beginning of the year. Condition of the car is not know, but anything is rebuildable.

I have been given the story, second hand. But can put you in touch with people who have seen the car, and can introduce you to the current "owner".

Ray

Matra 530 1 sml.jpgmatra 530 2 sml.jpgMatra 530 3 sml.jpg

Advertisement
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Rosa Brook Rd Ray?
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

1000+ Posts

That's not wheat - nor any other sown crop - which is lucky, because many farmers burn the stubble after harvest

These cars are not really in demand. It is easy for me to say this and break it down, but that is not the idea. In Wikipedia, they say the 1700cc V4 was chosen to get the 4 seat version. I have spoken to another Matra owner and both of us thinks that Matra was in a pinch when Renault stopped the support and the Ford motor was the only one available in a hurry. The older Renault powered Jet had more kW than this one had Hp. That German Ford V4 was renowned for being a slug, 70hp and later upgraded to 75hp. Imagine a top end of 95mph and 0-60 in 16 seconds.

Why would you choose the Ford for one model and then go Simca for the next?

Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

The sweedes actually made good results with the Ford V4 in the SAAB 96.
    I sold some instruments to a owner of one of those strange matras some time ago and he had given it the SAAB rallye threatment witch gave about 140bhp.

1000+ Posts

For how it might end up looking, see the link in the M530 thread in Foggy Chat.

Thread Information