1905 Delaunay Belleville
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 1905 Delaunay Belleville

Looking for something else last night, I stumbled over this photo of me driving what was up to WW1, the best car in the world, a Delauany-Belleville. Somewhere in another computer is the story surrounding the car which I will dig out some time.

Advertisement

I just love these Delaunay-Bellevilles. They were originally a manufacturer of steam locomotives, so styled the radiator and engine covers to look like the boilers on their railway locomotives.
    DS Citroen 21 aka: Andrew and Leanne (plus Phillip and Ciaran).
    A DS 21 (Long Term Project), A BX GT 16v (Leanne's not mine), plus PABLO 0 (The C4 Picasso), A heavily modified Range Rover (towing and heavy duty) and some exotic members of Sir William Lyons' stable!!!.

Fellow Frogger!

An amazing and simple car to drive. Roughly 4.5 litre T-head engine, four speed sequential gearbox and chain drive with a choice of three sets of sprockets, for flat, hilly or mountain driving

The ABS sensors need checking frequently as does the oxygen sensor on the catalytic converter. Watch out for the pulley that mangles the power steering belt.
    You notice that the windows are stuck open. That's because the computer needs resetting and the software is lost.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by dscitroen21 View Post
    I just love these Delaunay-Bellevilles. They were originally a manufacturer of steam locomotives, so styled the radiator and engine covers to look like the boilers on their railway locomotives.
    Choo Choo ... !
    1905 Delaunay Belleville-berliet.jpg
    1974 D Special, 2015 Fiat Panda Twinair turbo 85hp (), 2011 VW biturbo camper.

Fellow Frogger!

ABS seemed to be working fine. I was sensing plenty of oxygen and the problem with the windows was that I couldn't find the switch!

Ah! they don't make them like they used to! There is no switch. There is a sensor on the windscreen which detects the humidity level, a pressure sensor that detects whether your hand is poised to make a signal, a wind pressure sensor in the rear airbag housing and a microphone and signal processor that recognises whinges from the rear passengers. It is all fed into a computer, interlocked with the engine management and via satellite, to the factory. The computer decides whether to close the windows, so long as the battery voltage exceeds 12.85 volts. The windows won't shut anyway because the mechanism has jammed.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

And here was me thinking they don't make them like they used to because they were no bloody good! the problem with the sensor was I had one hand on the steering wheel, one on the gear lever and the other on the advance/retard quadrant leaving me none free for the signal you mention...

Quote Originally Posted by 1915 type 153 View Post
    And here was me thinking they don't make them like they used to because they were no bloody good! the problem with the sensor was I had one hand on the steering wheel, one on the gear lever and the other on the advance/retard quadrant leaving me none free for the signal you mention...
    Along the lines of the preferred physical requirement for driving a 1909 Sizaire Naudin: viz. an extra right arm...
    1974 D Special, 2015 Fiat Panda Twinair turbo 85hp (), 2011 VW biturbo camper.

Fellow Frogger!

I have yet to have the privilge of driving a Sizaire but I have heard that they can be rather demanding, especially when it comes time to change gears

Quote Originally Posted by petitepoupée View Post
    Along the lines of the preferred physical requirement for driving a 1909 Sizaire Naudin: viz. an extra right arm...

Thread Information