Xantia Engine Imobiliser Box

CUB_075

Fellow Frogger
Doe's anyone know where to find the engine imobiliser box on a Xantia.
I need to get 2 new keys programmed and the place that does it says they need the imobiliser box which is located in the driver side footwell, they said it has "texton" labelled on the side.

I've looked and cannot find it anywhere

Doe's anyone know where to find the engine imobiliser box on a Xantia.
I need to get 2 new keys programmed and the place that does it says they need the imobiliser box which is located in the driver side footwell, they said it has "texton" labelled on the side.

I've looked and cannot find it anywhere

Maybe under the carpet under the driver's seat? Please let me know when you find it as I might need to know one day!

Best of luck.

Series 1 or 2 Xantia?

On a Series 2 the Texton (brand) CPH is located up behind the glovebox/airbag:

dashdriveable1.jpg

See the unit with two plugs; one yellow, one blue? It'd be fun to remove with the dash in place.

Keys may be programmed in car with the Lexia, you need the four character security code off your customer card - or failing that, otained off one of the forums where members help with such data.

Now THAT is a scary photo .... :eek: I never intend to pull the dash from a modern PSA car again if I can help it :)

seeya,
Shane L.

Look; no heater or AC:

bareessentials.jpg

Just brilliant, hearing all the driveline noises so perfectly.

Fortunately the next RBT stop it was mostly back together.

Modern dashes don't really frighten me; it's just a job. I've had a 605 down to the firewall insulation. 405/BX stuff on the other hand - it crumbles as you get started; tragic. You should laugh at Volly 850 owners whining about a matrix change - they have to remove a little bit of carpet and console side trim. Boohoo.

Thanks!

Series 1 or 2 Xantia?

On a Series 2 the Texton (brand) CPH is located up behind the glovebox/airbag:

dashdriveable1.jpg

See the unit with two plugs; one yellow, one blue? It'd be fun to remove with the dash in place.

Keys may be programmed in car with the Lexia, you need the four character security code off your customer card - or failing that, otained off one of the forums where members help with such data.

Thanks a lot for posting that mate, no wonder I coudn't find it! I will have a go tomorrow at removing it. :)

You'll find it helpful to remove the passenger side air duct after the glovebox is out your way.

There are a couple of lugs you press down (after removal of the connectors) to allow sliding of the box forward. No need to worry about disconnecting the battery if you remove the harness plugs cleanly without jiggling.

Hi,

Programming new keys for these cars is a software based process. You need to know the 4 alphanumeric security code for the car and use a Lexia or similar software application to access the BSI to reprogram the keys.

I did one of these a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Ken W

Hi,

Programming new keys for these cars is a software based process. You need to know the 4 alphanumeric security code for the car and use a Lexia or similar software application to access the BSI to reprogram the keys.

I did one of these a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Ken W

Hi Ken,

what lexia have you got there ?? I've been quoted a staggering $515 for a second key for the poogoe 407. If I get one of those cheap lexia type code readers, can I write the transponder code into a key :confused: You can buy the keys for 50quid.... $500 bucks is how much you pay of a whole bloody car, not a spare key!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PEUGE...794892d#ht_927wt_1041&clk_rvr_id=357725009638

seeya,
Shane L.

Thanks everyone for the great info. I got the module out today thanks; it took me half hour which I was very happy with!

Please, where was it exactly? Not buried in the dash if it took only half an hour!

It'd have been right where I photographed it; the OP's car is very similar to mine.

Glovebox out - ten minutes, duct out - one minute; eyeball, swear and wrestle consumes the rest of your timeframe.

Shane should note the tendancy of many newer cars to have sacrificial dashes; when the airbag blows it ruptures the dash skin - not a separate element. :blackeye:

Dash

John,

Once the glove box was removed and the air ducting it was visible to right. Just get the clips undone from the connectors, diconnect those and the box slides out.
There are also some screws under the carpet in the glove box, so the carpet has to be removed for acess