ASV92F - Anyone know this car?

mistareno

The car below has been on Ebay for months and has slowly dropped in price from 18K to 16K to 14K to 12K and now down 10K

10K seems like good money for a Megane 225. It has 118,891K and looks like it's in nice nick based on the photos.

The wheels need repair, but I could probably get them sandblasted and powder coated for a few hundred and have them looking as new.

Has anyone on here viewed this car? Is it a bit rough in the flesh or is that what the value of a 225 is these days?

I've been looking around for a cheap runabout so I can get the Fuego off the road and get it painted etc, but for 10K, I'd consider hopping on a plane if it's any good. I could even squeeze the kids in the back of it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2004-Ren...-/180882712846?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2a1d73290e

$%28KGrHqZHJE8E-vgrh--tBPsbZek9qg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

The car below has been on Ebay for months and has slowly dropped in price from 18K to 16K to 14K to 12K and now down 10K

10K seems like good money for a Megane 225. It has 118,891K and looks like it's in nice nick based on the photos.

The wheels need repair, but I could probably get them sandblasted and powder coated for a few hundred and have them looking as new.

Has anyone on here viewed this car? Is it a bit rough in the flesh or is that what the value of a 225 is these days?

I've been looking around for a cheap runabout so I can get the Fuego off the road and get it painted etc, but for 10K, I'd consider hopping on a plane if it's any good. I could even squeeze the kids in the back of it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2004-Ren...-/180882712846?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2a1d73290e

$%28KGrHqZHJE8E-vgrh--tBPsbZek9qg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Richard most people buy a cheap run a round like a Fuego so they can take there Megane off the road not the other way round.:confused:

looks bloody nice to me.... Could you imagine how long your license would last if you drove one of those bloody things though :clown:

seeya,
Shane L.

wow nice orange seat belts in a bright blue car! talk about complimentary colours!

Eh I'd still drive it!

Does anyone live nearby this car?

I don't suppose someone could swing by and just have a quick look?

I just want to make sure it's as nice as it looks in the photos before I go any further.

I sat in it last weekend, looked ok. Didn't actually check it out, was looking at something else they have.

Last edited:
I sat in it last weekend, looked ok. Didn't actually check it out, was looking a Saab wagon they have.
Thanks Haakon,

Did it look neat and tidy? Did you notice any parking dings etc?

What was the dealer like?

Looked good, bit it was a passing look at best. Knew id love to have it, have learnt not to look closely lest i start thinking about buying :)

Spoke of an offer on the Saab which was way too rough anyway. Not the worst dealer I've met, which is close to a compliment I can think of! They tend to have high kms but decent looking "prestige" cars, but like a lot of dealers display them with "issues" they then bargain into a price as things they'll fix. I dont get this ploy but it seems common.

So, I'd expect It to need some things done.

I'll be likely coming back through Sydney on Sunday arvo - if I have time and they're still open I'll look properly for you.

Last edited:
Although I'll note I made an offer on his rough Saab on the basis of sus engine noises, and laid out politely what my offer was.

I'd have considered it basic manners to at least reply to the email saying no thanks for whatever reason (ie they paid way too much for it and are realising they're going to take a hit on it), not just ignore me. That's just rude, regardless of why they think of the offer.

So it's a dealer - beware as usual , they're your best friend when they have their hand in your pocket. Show some knowledge and let them realise you're not going to be paying above the odds, and they stop giving a shit.

Games. They're boring... Looked like a decent car though, still happy to check it for you if it comes together on Sunday.

Last edited:
Haakon said:
like a lot of dealers display them with "issues" they then bargain into a price as things they'll fix. I dont get this ploy but it seems common.

Don't laugh, Proton's dealers in Malaysia work on the same basis for new cars!

The ad doesn't mention it's a turbo and there are no photos of under the bonnet.

Yes, I know what it's supposed to be (and it looks the real deal) but it still would be worth a look to make sure it isn't a standard model specced up to RS.

Dave

Ita the real deal.

Only initial impression I gOt was it looks clean and original. And the drivers seats cop a beating on the bottom right bolster and some reason this one looked good so maybe it has been loved.

What the clutch, tining belt and mounts are like though is anyone's guess!

I reckon spend not a lot extra and get a Cup version with switchable traction control, Brembo front brakes and nicer wheels. Also you may be able to find something that you can touch, see, feel and drive before buying.

OTOH, if you have the VIN for the car, and a friendly Renault dealer, they should be able to tell you what the service history is if it has been serviced by a dealer.

I'd persoanlly go the non-cup.

the Cup is pretty unforgiving in daily use, but the non-cup has as much grunt, more liveable suspension/tyres.

The best thing a Cup and a phase 2 anything has is the improved steering software.

Haakon,

if your looking at Saabs.... this sucker would have to be a winner. It's at the Poogoe place in melbourne that I bought the 407 from (there real "car poeple" as much as they are motor dealers).

if I was in the market for a Saab, I wouldn't bother looking any further:

http://birrellmotors.com.au/Automot...5-GRIFFIN-4D-SEDAN/D423901904692/details.aspx

checkout the gueniune milage it's done from new!

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: You better be quick, MistaRenault will probably be in there test driving it tomorrow :roflmao: