505 trunk (boot) hinge removal

andrethx

Fellow Frogger
hi all,

how does one remove the trunk/boot hinges on a 505? my 505's rear lid does not have the spoiler, so i've obtained one with the spoiler already attached. now, the trunk/boot hinges for the models with spoilers have mounting points for hydraulic stays (i.e., trunk/boot shocks) on both sides to support the additional weight. since my car's hinges only have the mounting point on one side, i want to replace the hinges as well. i know a guy parting out a 505 turbo (rear spoiler) near me, we spent probably 30 mins. to an hour trying to get his hinges out, & couldn't do it. is there some special trick? it looks like the hinges were installed before the rear fenders (wings) were attached.

thanks,
andré

testing the memory

hi all,

how does one remove the trunk/boot hinges on a 505? my 505's rear lid does not have the spoiler, so i've obtained one with the spoiler already attached. now, the trunk/boot hinges for the models with spoilers have mounting points for hydraulic stays (i.e., trunk/boot shocks) on both sides to support the additional weight. since my car's hinges only have the mounting point on one side, i want to replace the hinges as well. i know a guy parting out a 505 turbo (rear spoiler) near me, we spent probably 30 mins. to an hour trying to get his hinges out, & couldn't do it. is there some special trick? it looks like the hinges were installed before the rear fenders (wings) were attached.

thanks,
andré

If I remember correctly the mounting bolts for the hinges are located inside the rear passenger area, access by removing the panel at each end of the parcel shelf.

parcel shelf.jpg

cheers Pete

here's a follow-up:

went back to my friend's place today to get some more parts, we looked in the place that pete suggested and it was very simple to get the hinges out -- only one 13mm bolt held each one in. here's a pic, with the side panels and parcel shelf panel removed. it's easy to see the bolt access hole:

IMG_7371.jpg

thanks again,
andré

Last edited: