ds23ie pump replacement: Eureka it works!

harrisson_citroen

Frogs Parking Only - All others will be toad.
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
This is to confirm to anyone who ever wondered how to replace their failing fuel pump on an injection DS:

Bosch fuel pump No 0580464070 fits perfectly and does the job well. Goes in with minimum fuss, and comes with a kit to suit your car. $125 delivered, better than the $400 some places in Europe are asking for the original PLUS shipping $80!!!

I'm sure it's probably enthusiasm, but I can swear it also gives the car more power...sounds much happier anyway.

This is to confirm to anyone who ever wondered how to replace their failing fuel pump on an injection DS:

Bosch fuel pump No 0580464070 fits perfectly and does the job well. Goes in with minimum fuss, and comes with a kit to suit your car. $125 delivered, better than the $400 some places in Europe are asking for the original PLUS shipping $80!!!

I'm sure it's probably enthusiasm, but I can swear it also gives the car more power...sounds much happier anyway.

Great result, and good news for those with EFI Ds...

Look forward to seeing your car on the road :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Great result, and good news for those with EFI Ds...

Look forward to seeing your car on the road :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris,

And also for letting me know about the German one on Ebay, I was keen to get it but it soon headed for the Stratosphere and the seller asked for $80 shipping:eek:

So yes, the DS should be headed for woolcock street soon to get its final lookover by Lance and John before rego, and then I'm due for a round of visits to all the people who help me kindly on this forum throughout this long adventure.:cheers:

6 stitches last week removing the old fuel pump:cry:

Excellent, another success on a D, using parts not necessarily original, yet in tune withe the makers intention.

Onward and upward, you have reached the pinnacle of D Series power as issued to the public.

May it drive smoothly and cosset you in luxurious comfort.
Varroom!

Excellent, another success on a D, using parts not necessarily original, yet in tune withe the makers intention.

Onward and upward, you have reached the pinnacle of D Series power as issued to the public.

May it drive smoothly and cosset you in luxurious comfort.
Varroom!

I'm sure it will once fitted with a set of "reco-spheres" or "richo-spheres" later on in the year!

rearing to go

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 204
I'm so glad your nightmare is over!!

Wow you have been batteling for a long while with the pump!! Hopefully now the car will reward you in a good way and to at least not breakdown until you got the driving satisfaction you deserve before it starts to want more flesh and blood!!:D

Enjoy!!!

:cheers:
Corne

I'm sure it will once fitted with a set of "reco-spheres" or "richo-spheres" later on in the year!

From one DS23 efi owner to another - Sounds Great !

An additional question, which I am sure has been previously been addressed.

My car (late 1974) has newish one piece spheres made from swaged steel, sounds like Richo's beautiful reconditioned two piece spheres may be a better choice - interested in any thoughts or opinions from the forum.

Ramon

The two piece spheres are a much better ride as the welded one are quite hard in comparison.

Just ask Richo. :headbang:

I have just had my two piece spheres reconditioned by Richo and will be taking off the welded ones very soon now and fitting the "Richo" Spheres as well as the new Michelin 180HR15XAS tyres to get back "The RIDE"

yes change them!

Hi Harrison,

You should post images and documentation of exactly what you did . There will definitely be others who will follow.

Well done on the fix.

cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

OK no problems,I'll post a few pictures here of the steps I've taken , hopefully over this weekend if I can. So ....watch this space.