The DS Appreciation Thread

Had to laugh at this one ..... How to move a dead 'D' :roflmao:

I'd forgotten how painful they could be since I've had a trailer that loads 'em in the blink of an eye :clown:

I watched that last night too, and thought - all for the want of a couple of bits of fat broomstick! Did you note the interesting way they strapped the car to the truck? With an Aussie style flat bed they wouldn't have had the humpback problem.

I watched that last night too, and thought - all for the want of a couple of bits of fat broomstick! Did you note the interesting way they strapped the car to the truck? With an Aussie style flat bed they wouldn't have had the humpback problem.

My trailer just lifts the back wheels of the tow car off the ground so it's one gentle slope up onto the trailer. I was quite amused to see the forces in action are so great, it even lifted the back wheels of a 4wd off the loading a dead XM with dead strut mounts in it (ie: ground clearance about -3mm :clown: ).

In town you just ring the guy that does the hot rods. His flat tray has such a low angle of approach he can load dead D's with flat tires (about 0.05cm of ground clearance :eek: ).

seeya,
Shane L.

Yah, Daffy has been using the broomstick trick out at Area 52 with considerable success. We also found that a railroad spike is almost the exact inside size of the jacking points. With one of those 'racing style' hydraulic jacks, picking a car up and getting it to a rolling height is merely hard work, rather than diabolically back-breaking. A decent electric winch rounds out the compliment.

We are digressing from the topic a little, but heh, who cares...

Last time I helped move a dead D we used my home made (not by me) sphere tester and sat it on the right wing, used a long V belt and onto the pump. In about two minutes a D that had not moved for at least 15 years lifted her arse then the front came up too. Then it was hauled up onto a trailer and taken away. That car has since been "recycled" to keep many other Ds going. I scored the driver's seat adjustable mount from it. :D

The sphere tester is made from a washing machine motor and gearbox that then normally operates a D pump at a nice slow speed. It has a gauge of course. The LHM tank is from a GS and the sphere mount is from a D.

Last time I helped move a dead D we used my home made (not by me) sphere tester and sat it on the right wing, used a long V belt and onto the pump. In about two minutes a D that had not moved for at least 15 years lifted her arse then the front came up too. Then it was hauled up onto a trailer and taken away. That car has since been "recycled" to keep many other Ds going. I scored the driver's seat adjustable mount from it. :D

The sphere tester is made from a washing machine motor and gearbox that then normally operates a D pump at a nice slow speed. It has a gauge of course. The LHM tank is from a GS and the sphere mount is from a D.

Right-o, Craig. Lessee if we can force the thread back on its rails. Some of my favorite shots of a D are of the artsy-fartsy type. These were all selected from Google Images, I don't know the actual image sources:

Attachments

• 1199465766_citroen_ds_73.jpg
    1199465766_citroen_ds_73.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 308
  • 1199465562_citroen_ds_47.jpg
    1199465562_citroen_ds_47.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 1199465766_citroen_ds_83.jpg
    1199465766_citroen_ds_83.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 314

:eek: :crazy: :whip: :trouslap:

Right-o, Craig. Lessee if we can force the thread back on its rails.

:)

OMG!!! Matthew will go nuts when he gets back :burnboun: :bounce: :burnboun:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

...and of course the DS Concorde

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Concorde1.JPG
    Concorde1.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 685
  • Concorde2.JPG
    Concorde2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 696
  • Concorde3.JPG
    Concorde3.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 732
  • Concorde4.JPG
    Concorde4.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 752
  • Concorde5.JPG
    Concorde5.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 741
  • Concorde6.JPG
    Concorde6.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 699
  • Concorde7.JPG
    Concorde7.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 678
  • DS Concorde.JPG
    DS Concorde.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 706
Some repetitions their (oops) Mr G! :nownow: :joker:

Agahh!! Do you mean within that series? Or within this thread?? If the latter to my defense, Matthew has left few stones unturned :)

Cheers
Chris

I dont' think I've seen this DS before.... Must be an early SM conversion :)

attachment.php

It looks like it's running twin regulators, twin accumulators, twin pumps and twin reseviours :confused: .... Maybe there is one single system devoted to the daravi if fitted. :confused:

Attachments

• sm_ds.jpg
    sm_ds.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 994
Agahh!! Do you mean within that series? Or within this thread?? If the latter to my defense, Matthew has left few stones unturned :)

Cheers
Chris

Yes, Matthew has trawled the deepest depths of the internet with a very fine mesh. not much escapes him, but I think I can offer one previously unknown snap. Well truth be known it is a good deal more than a snap, Congratulations to the photographer!

This was posted before Christmas on the DSeries-L Yahoo group by laurentds21.

MougeotSaskCanada1972DS21_1202x800.jpg

Last edited: