FS: 205GTI S2 1989

Cheeks

Fellow Frogger
Peugeot 205 gti 1989 S2
Uni's all over so the little pug must go as i'm off over seas, wish i had the cash to keep her :(

166,000kms, topaz blue, very original pug
service history, immac inside/out, 12mths reg

clutch, gearbox, water pump, exaust, radiater, battery, cam belt and tensioner all done about a year ago. bracks and service just been done
$8000

Cheers
jimmy

This is the config I'd buy if I was in market for another 205.
Colour is good :)

1989 & series 2 ??

Mine was a 1990 series 1, how is that?

I'm assuming it has all the power steering/ disc rear brakes, half leather etc...but not clear front blinker lenses.

that is one of the prettiest colours on the 205's and also one of the rarest
i have only ever seen a handful in that colour
the majority were the charcoal grey colour or white

I'm guessing its actually a S1.5. Rotary dials, but no ps/discs etc.

Still, would be right in my $$$ range at the moment, if its in Melbourne I might make my way to have a squiz at it.

Nick

what does a topaz blue look like?? Any pics
i am interested if you are in melbourne

hay all

i'm in melbourne glen iris

its an awsome blue only ever seen 1 on the road

it has the round heater dials and the red back panal (peugeot 205gti)

email me for pics joltcola9@hotmail.com

cya

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 205.gif
    205.gif
    80 KB · Views: 353
  • gti.gif
    gti.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 488
  • pug.gif
    pug.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 326
Hi JImmy,

I have a customer trying to get a series two at the moment and this one looks great!! I will have a chat with him today.

Nick

hmmmm....u really should be asking for more than $8000.....if it was mine....id be wanting $9500 atleast....my 88 series one was sold three years ago for $12 990..
the lady that bought it had to sell it three months later due to tragedy in the family...and i bought it for a lot less....but i would still not let it go for less than $9000...

thats a good looking 205...and if u r not desperate id hang in there and ask for more....

cheers
dino

...us 205 gti owners should really start to look at PROTECTING the value of these machines instead of devalueing them according to what a new hyndai excel costs...

Hi Dino,

Are you on the same planet as the rest of us??? The 205 is an old car now and series three;s in good condition go for 10-13 I got my Series three for less than this series two. I think 8 grand maybe a little high in the current market but it is a very well kept car. I can pick up a series one for less than 5 grand!!!

Nick

Are you on the same planet as the rest of us??? The 205 is an old car now and series three;s in good condition go for 10-13 I got my Series three for less than this series two. I think 8 grand maybe a little high in the current market but it is a very well kept car. I can pick up a series one for less than 5 grand!!!
Nick

WHAT THE F@#K??????

NICK r u f32en kidding me ...excuse the language...but weren t u the one that recently asked $500...(yes people u read it correctly: $500) for the red reflective panel (on the back of 205 gti)......

i knew u had to get your 2 cents in....anybody who trades does....i m sure you d like to get your hands on it etc etc etc.....

the only reason i commented on this car is because i used to live in glen iris and have seen the actual car....

i saw it , was walking by , and had a good perv at it...and as far as i remeber (some 6 months ago)...this car was really in an excellent condition.....SO repeat ....just in case u didn t hear me ....TO me this car should be worth about $9000 , thats all i m saying.....now u r the one living in queensland so u should not be talking about planets and the like...OK...MELBOURNE prices are different to qeensland prices OK...the skyline that we might have to pay 23 000 dollars might be available in queens for 17000....so if u are going to comment (especially if DEGRADING) try to know what u r talking about.....

cheers
dino

ps....ah stuff it....i m worked up as is....

didn t mean to offend....just think the little one is worth standing up for ..the 205 that is...

I do agree with your comments in relation to pricing of 205 gti's dino.

I mean after all this is a cult car and arguably one of the greatest front wheel drive cars of all time, not to mention a revolutionary vehicle in regards to the "hot hatch" scene of today. That goes for all pugs i suppose, i mean i'd only get about 10k for my 306 and anyone who owns one would know it worth a hell of alot more.

the thing with selling a car is you can only get what someone is willing to pay for it
or you sit and wait untill you get what you want for it but if you need to sell the car in a certain time then you are going to be governed by what the buyer is willing to pay to a certain degree
you can of course refuse any or all offers on a car and that is the right of the seller
we all know our cars should be worth more than awhat we sell them for but we are in the same boat when we want to buy a car
we all love to buy cars cheap but also love to be able to get the best possible money for them at sale time
i'm sure alan s would have a lot more knowledge on this subject as he has been there and done this for quite a few years

All this talk about the price dosen't matter its staying at $8000 it needs to go, im of soon.

Dino did u used to work at autobarn malvern ?? Still got ya pug ??

Nice looking 205 man! It even has the wierd woolen seats that last forever! Is reverse down and left? Those must be the original floor mats coz mine has them too. I'm going to replace them though as they are falling apart. How long have you owned it for and how many owners have there been?

Dino,

I do agree 205's are under priced for what they are, but the public are not going to pay 9 grand for a 1989 205 when they can buy a series 3 for 10-11 grand. You have too look at how many people are in the market for these cars. At the moment not many people. I do agree with you just trying to put it in perspective against how the non pug owners see these cars in relation to price. Jimmy will give my customer your details. Also dino I did sell that reflector panel and have people looking for others.. its called supply and demand ??

Nick