Renault 17 TS For Sale

Towndrow

Fellow Frogger
1974 Renault 17 TS FOR SALE
5 Speed, Fuel Injected, Koni's, Sunroof, Mags, Spare Car included for parts. $2,900 neg
Canberra (Australia) Pic Available
email: vinyldoors@aol.com
Phone 0417 491 343

Hi Andrew,
Cars made it back to Melbourne safe and sound. Have since stripped the smelly black car. I've kept the parts and the shell has been claimed by another Renophile as a body swap for a 17G convertible. My project is the TS. Have started (albeit slowly) on that project. I meant to ask you what ever happened to the engine and disc rear end from the black one? Also found a Halda in the box of spares. That will come in handy for rallying. Where did that come from??

regards....Paul

Paul

The engine in the black car blew a piston, sold bits off to local guys when it originally happened. Rear brakes were converted to drums by previous owner, I think he found the handbrake setup on the discs a little lacking. Don't know where the original discs ended up, perhaps he sold them on to someone else too.

The Halda...That's where I put it :rolleyes: I was wondering where it ended up after all these years. Used to have a Celica Rally car, sold the car less the Halda cause the new owner wasn't interested in getting into rallying, he just wanted to do it up for street. I hope you can put it to good use.

Good luck with the cars, I've certainly had fun with both those vehicles over the years. I'm a little ashamed that they have both ended up the way they have, but that's just the way it is.

Hi again Andrew,
I'll send you up some pics when I have finished the job on the TS. I've had it serviced, tuned, had the rims re-painted and new tyres. Also got the electric window motors reco'd. Next project is brakes and soften the shockers a bit.
Two last questions.
Did you get the springs shortened or are they still original. Also did you happen to find the keys for the passenger door??

All the best...Paul

Paul

Springs were made that length, no shortening at my end. Couldn't find keys, thought they might have been in the car in all the other junk you found.

Andrew