Pics of Sphere tester and bits

cruiserman

1000+ Posts
Here you go Shane, also pictures of some DS Jacks I think.

Attachments

• The jack.jpg
    The jack.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 582
  • another view.jpg
    another view.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 466
  • gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 351
  • DS stuff.jpg
    DS stuff.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 365
Hi Neil,

is one of those guages seperate ie: not hooked up ??

What you appear to have is an attempt at a universal pressure tester. If you screw the attachment with the sphere holder in you can test spheres by screwing them down onto it.

It you hook the seperate guage into a distribution block on the car you can get the current hydraulic pressure at that point. If you plumb onto the connector supplied onto any hydraulic component, you can use your jack as a pump to test it. :confused:

The short peice of metal tube that looks to be a sphere extension ... is just that it's an extension used on the DS front spheres for clearance reasons.

The prop and lever with yellow overspray is a DS specific jack, if you put a DS on high you can clip this prop onto the 'knob' attached to the siderails of the DS. Then you put the DS on 'low' and both the wheels on that side of the car will lift well clear of the ground.

The two wierd looking jacks.... I've never seen these before, but what a rippa of an idea. There is a small box section behind the front wheels on a DS. These jacks will slide perfectly into this box section, giving you a nice stable jacking point.

seeya,
Shane L.

Last edited:
DoubleChevron said:
Hi Neil,

is one of those guages seperate ie: not hooked up ??

seeya,
Shane L.

That is right the inside one is not connected. Seems to be a useful piece of kit with the car and assorted parts including the 20l of LHM and 5l of used LHM (still green though not black) new height corrector etc manuals etc for the grand price of lets go and bring it round. Free.

Gee's,

I would have paid $$$ for that load :eek: The best bet with the tester would be to permenantly attach and mount the sphere holder line (for ease of testing spheres). The seperate guage will be just as useful for testing pressure on cars anyway.

The price certainly was right. The torture of listening to SWMBO with those cars parked out the front though :eek: :disappr: Maybe your 'boss' is nice and placid :D

seeya,
Shane L.

The torture of listening to SWMBO with those cars parked out the front though Maybe your 'boss' is nice and placid

Check the other pics thread, while I go back to my painting.......or I will need to get my snorkel out from my dive gear so I can breathe

DoubleChevron said:
Hi Neil,

The two wierd looking jacks.... I've never seen these before, but what a rippa of an idea. There is a small box section behind the front wheels on a DS. These jacks will slide perfectly into this box section, giving you a nice stable jacking point.

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane - they look like the sort of jack I had on my 1955 Daimler Conquest - slow (fine screw mechanism) but very good - and would lift 1.5 tons of British steel!

P

DoubleChevron said:
The two wierd looking jacks.... I've never seen these before, but what a rippa of an idea.

Those weird looking jacks are VW “pole climber” jacks originally installed in VW Beetles and Type 3’s. Before using them to support a car check for stress cracks in the cast body.

Simon said:
Those weird looking jacks are VW “pole climber” jacks originally installed in VW Beetles and Type 3’s. Before using them to support a car check for stress cracks in the cast body.

Simon's right there.