Official Thread Of End-of-year Melbourne Drive Day 2005

PLEASE SELECT ONE OR MORE DAYS YOU ARE ABLE TO ATTEND A MELBOURNE DRIVE DAY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dont forget to vote!

#bump###

hey its been fun... here are a few pics from previous melbourne days that may give some of you an idea what its all about.

hope you can make it!

Attachments

• 20040717_003.jpg
    20040717_003.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 20040717_020.jpg
    20040717_020.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 225
  • afer4e.jpg
    afer4e.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 215
here are a few more....

Attachments

• gp3.jpg
    gp3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Vic cruise 001.JPG
    Vic cruise 001.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Vic cruise 004a.JPG
    Vic cruise 004a.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture017.jpg
    Picture017.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 226
  • The Crew.jpg
    The Crew.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 198
... you get the idea....

:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0568_scaled.jpg
    IMG_0568_scaled.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 13th March Aussiefrog Cruise 014.jpg
    13th March Aussiefrog Cruise 014.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 191
  • eildon12.jpg
    eildon12.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Group 2.JPG
    Group 2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Vic cruise 013a.JPG
    Vic cruise 013a.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Pug.JPG
    Pug.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
what about us...

:eek: hey lots of pugs & one renault fuego & part of what appears to be a megane 225 & a merc slk & even a cx...

what about rsc172/182 cup etc... i assume we are welcome as well :)

e.sport

hi e.sport,

yah all frenchies and their friends are always welcome to our drive days, but i think the only two RSCs was (i think) Dave in his silver RSC172 ( and thats going back a few years, now) and more recently "Jets" - black RSC172 - which i think was on a eurocca cruise, and not one that we organised.

weve had all sorts of cars join us from, 504s and a renault alpine, to 307HDI's and shane's cx turbs. pretty good variety of cars ('cept the absence of any RSC's), with pugs and fuegos and a solo 225 always regularly holding/boslering numbers.

be great to have any interested RSCs/renaults, join us, and any interested people from the citroen camp, too.

there are other photos too but the ones ive posted were the first few i clicked on in my archives.

hope you can make it, once date is finalised.

:cheers:

Wow Reggie some of those are from the dawn of time!

Sounds like this cruise maybe fairly large...

Sergetov said:
Wow Reggie some of those are from the dawn of time!

Sounds like this cruise maybe fairly large...

pffft! as if, tim... youd know that whenever someone organises a drive, as the date nears, everyone drops off like flies!:mallet:

but hey we are always left with a good core of like minded enthusiasts.:wink2:

tim, speaking of pics "from the dawn of time" how bout these, courtesy of sir justin. click on the link below then click on the peugeot lion badge. those were the days!:cry:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/skystar/Drives/MEL03a/MELcruise03a.htm

great photos and write up, courtesy of the then pubescent justin!

Haha thats great. Those photos have a weird filter thing happeniing that make 'em look like they were taken in the '50s...

I'll never forget that cruise though...

There were a few nasty scrapes... (I was responsible for getting a little too intimate with an embankment).

And when I was passengering with Justin through the Reefton, I'd have to say it was an experience one would NOT forget easily... He started as one of the last cars, and overtook about 15 other cruise members through the reefton, often relying totally on radio contact to pass on blind corners (all corners on the Reefton are blind pretty much!). I did take a lot of photos as I was flailng about but I don't know what happened to them.

Anyway, this one should be good, should'nt be hampered by weather at this time of year either!

Pugjet said:
pffft! as if, tim... youd know that whenever someone organises a drive, as the date nears, everyone drops off like flies

Actually there is a Cressida forum (!) drive on the same day, but who could pass up this cruise!?

Here's some more photos from the stone age...

The photos are from one of the smallest cruises but boy was it a hoot...

silverexec took a close look at the scenery in his 505 while arranging the (fantastic) route...

silverexec (i'm not picking on you honest :D) accidently discovered the joy's of lift off oversteer in Justin's Pug 307...It's not every day you look back in your rear view mirror to see a car at a 45 degree yaw angle and the drivers eyes open like dishes...

A Clio and WRX attended this cruise and a rock attended Justin's windscreen :blackeye:...

We all got....um...lost in a national park that must've been designed by Sebastian Loeb...

My ord Falcon driving mate progressively turned a whiter shade of pale as the day progressed..

All in all, a day to be remembered...

Last edited:
I was'nt at that cruise, but I'm quite sure Pug505exec (Richard) had nothing to do with the 307 fun and games! :) ;)

Sergetov said:
I was'nt at that cruise, but I'm quite sure Pug505exec (Richard) had nothing to do with the 307 fun and games! :) ;)

I can verify first hand that he did...he was driving Justin's car at the time :D

mistareno said:
I can verify first hand that he did...he was driving Justin's car at the time :D

I can verify with a better first hand that he did NOT :) Given I was in the passenger seat at the time.

Yes, the driver at the time normally drove a 505, but it certainly was not Richard ;)

I think you better apologise to Richard/silverexec :)

Pug307 said:
I think you better apologise to Richard/silverexec :)

Bugger, I was 99.9% sure it was silverexec:confused:

Who was it Justin?

Sergetov thought it was njm but I didn't think he was on that cruise...

Richard did do the route guide though didn't he or am I having an early senior moment?

mistareno said:
Bugger, I was 99.9% sure it was silverexec:confused:

Who was it Justin?

Sergetov thought it was njm but I didn't think he was on that cruise...

Richard did do the route guide though didn't he or am I having an early senior moment?

It wasn't Richard, but it was a 505 driver :)
We don't get that many 505s on drives ;)

I might add, this person has even posted about it on AF :)

Pug307 said:
It wasn't Richard, but it was a 505 driver :)
We don't get that many 505s on drives ;)

Did Richard (silverexec) do the route guide?
I'm sure it was him that I picked him up because his 505 was temporarily out of action...

pugjet said:
yah all frenchies and their friends are always welcome to our drive days, but i think the only two RSCs was (i think) Dave in his silver RSC172 ( and thats going back a few years, now) and more recently "Jets" - black RSC172 - which i think was on a eurocca cruise, and not one that we organised.

Considering how many Clio 172s are out there, suprising that in Melb at least, very few have turned up to cruises. Clio dave did turn up for a while to the 206gi cruises until his car choked and died, but do you think i'd be fair to say that the proportion of RCS owners who log onto AF would be lower, than say 206gti owners?

Funny, 'cos people see the 206 as more of a girlies car (though it def is not :D ) . It would be good to see a few RCSs at an AF meet. Preferrably a 182 cup. Which everyone gets to test drive ...

lucin said:
Considering how many Clio 172s are out there, suprising that in Melb at least, very few have turned up to cruises. Clio dave did turn up for a while to the 206gi cruises until his car choked and died, but do you think i'd be fair to say that the proportion of RCS owners who log onto AF would be lower, than say 206gti owners?

Funny, 'cos people see the 206 as more of a girlies car (though it def is not :D ) . It would be good to see a few RCSs at an AF meet. Preferrably a 182 cup. Which everyone gets to test drive ...

I think because of the Ozrenaultsport forum, they have somewhere else to go. Us Pug drivers don't.