new clio sport???

25 V6 TURBO

Fellow Frogger
just got a preview listing about the next new 182 clio replacement!!!!its now going to be a 208 bhp jobbie!!!not sure when its launched but not long,in the uk we now have the megane 225 CUP TROPHY!!,lighter,quicker,only availiable in a silver/grey colour,nice spec,brochure is nice,got one for my collection,the joys of working for renault!!

i don,t know about other makes,but renault seem to be getting into this sporty section again,182,225,v6 clio,nice little sidelines and we sell a fair few 182s,had 3 new ones in the workshop being pdi,ed tonight!

25 V6 TURBO said:
just got a preview listing about the next new 182 clio replacement!!!!its now going to be a 208 bhp jobbie!!!not sure when its launched but not long,in the uk we now have the megane 225 CUP TROPHY!!,lighter,quicker,only availiable in a silver/grey colour,nice spec,brochure is nice,got one for my collection,the joys of working for renault!!

whats the cup 225 like to drive. I'd be interested to see whether its much more different to the std 225. I'm sure the wheels and discs look better but what about the ride and handling, and the bigger braking system?

cheers, you lucky bugger!!
Dave

Got any more details besides it being a 208hp weapon :D ??? Turbo or N/A? And I'm assuming this is the 182 'replacement' before the new 2006 model comes out?

Megane 225 Trophy Edition

Renault Sport Technologies in Europe is introducing a more hardcore version of the Mégane Renault Sport featuring an even more sporting chassis to meet the requirements of a group of customers who are ever more demanding when it comes to vehicle dynamic behavior. Entirely dedicated to the pleasure of driving, this version benefits from unique components and settings.

The dampers, springs and anti-roll bar are adapted to suit an even more radical driving style than the chassis of the Mégane Renault Sport and the changes result in lower roll angles (-10%), less pitching during acceleration and less nosedive under braking. The developments also benefit traction and cornering potential thanks to a front suspension with greater turn authority.

For the independent steering-axis front suspension, the spring rate has been increased by 25% to 42 N/mm. In order to improve cornering potential, the diameter of the anti-roll bar has been slightly reduced. For the rear suspension, the spring rate has been increased by 77% to 44 N/mm.

As in the Mégane Renault Sport, the Trophy limited edition is powered by the F4Rt 2.0 16v turbocharged engine. This engine develops a power output of 225hp (165kW) at 5,500rpm and a torque of 300Nm (30.6 mkg) at 3,000rpm, with at least 90% of this torque available between 2,000 and 6,000rpm. The engine is teamed with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

The front and rear Brembo disc brakes are drilled to provide better cooling, optimum operation in wet conditions and a reduction in un-sprung mass. Considerable work has gone into improving the immediacy and rate of response to brake pedal movement (a development also applied to the Mégane Renault Sport). The diameter of the master cylinder is increased from 23.8mm to 25.4mm, which results in better pedal feel.

The new heavily perforated 18-inch wheels result in a saving of 1.5kg per wheel in unsprung mass. The Dunlop SP Sport-Maxx tyres, with dimensions 235/40 R18, match the requirements of the sports chassis. Dunlop and Renault Sport have developed a special silicon-based tread compound which ensures maximum efficiency on all types of surface. The stiffness of the centre section of the breaker band improves stability at high speed. The multiple ribs of the profile meanwhile ensure uniform pressure in the contact patch, providing optimum adhesion.

In total, Renault Sport claim that these characteristics ensure that behavior is both efficient and entertaining.

In short - goodbye comfort hello corners :D :D :D

Australdi - Any word on when the Trophy will be out here?

25 VG Turbo - Any word on a 5 door version to follow suit? Or at least the mods to suspension (maybe not the 77% increase in stiffness), brakes, steering and wheels to flow through to the 225?

still trying to find the damm cup brochure,we only got 25 of them,so i think people are hiding them!!the 208 bhp clio was spoken about in autocar someone told me,also you have all seen the pics of the V6 megane????with all the arches etc???,its bright yellow