The ute thread

friday403

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
How about a thread for froggy ute owners?

The African 404 utility with bush taxi canopy (taxi-brousse):

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00001.jpg

in response to this being no one else replied there was actually a 504 ute for sale in one of the just cars mags something fairly rare
it would have been an import as it was early 80's

504 ute

It looked good in the photo - pity I had no spare room in the garage!

504 utes

I'm reliably informed by a unidentified person wearing a mackintosh with a hat pulled down over his eyes and talking out of the side of his mouth ( with a strange accent), that a well known Sydney person by the name of PIMM, ( the elder) succeded in bringing into these hallowed shores some examples of the 504 ute. Some are still in captivity but others surface in the dead of night.
Further information is sought.

A blu 404 is seen lurking in the background of a photo of a 505 ( rouge) listed on cars for sale. There are 2 also hibernating in the southern highlands.

Utes unite !!!!

i know the owner of the blue ute you speak of very well and i can also tell you the history of the car before the current owner obtained the said blue ute

if i get around to it i may even have a pic of it somewhere albeit only a rear shot of it sitting next to another 404 sedan and a couple of 203's

just trying to remember if it was injected at that stage or the sedan was injected

I know where there is a 203 ute, but sadly it would be beyond economical restoration. I nearly bought a 404 ute too, but didn't quite have the asking price. I drowned my sorrows by getting my 404 sedan instead.
I still want a 404 ute though.